Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Cosmetics and whatever happened to the Official Discussion thread feedback?

Back in May of 2015, Severlin opened an Official Discussion thread about how we would like the appearance of existing items tweaked to make new or improved cosmetics/items. I've been thinking about that thread and some of the new appearances we've seen on armors, helms and shields in the past year and first off I'd like to send a big thank you to the art department that has been doing such a wonderful job. Secondly, though, I'd like to send some visual aids for my own feedback in that thread. For reference my first post on that thread was #33.

This is my take on the Desecrated Leathers. As you can see I removed the backpurse and yoga mat and replaced them with the belts and accesories from the Drow Hunter's Leather recolored black. I also recolored the swashbuckler hat to match.

I will add a few more images today and then more as I get time.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Default Cormyrian Druid Armor?

This is a combination of the Cormyrian Green Dragon Armor and the leaf parts of Imbued Darkleaf Banded Armor. I'm sure DDO's art department can do a much better job, especially as I had to use a wiki image to start since I do not have any Cormyrian Green Dragon Armor. What I wanted to create here was a green-leafy armor that was pretty and feminine and something I would feel comfortable wearing as a female player. I have nothing against anyone wanting to wear the more salacious Cormyrian armor already available... I just wanted something similar but less revealing.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Nice

Default Tweaked Aberrant Robe.

Alright so this should be available via random gen but I've been looking for years and have yet to acquire just this combination of under-robe and collar. So I started with the Aberrant Robe and recolored just the white collar to match the robe. The image of someone facing away in the marketplace was from a screenshot I took around 2010/2011, no recoloring needed.

Note to you, anonymous person in the market place, I have hired the entire Sharn Syndicate to hunt you down, steal your robe and leave you in a dark alley. Spare yourself the grief and hand over the robe now. ;P

Default Last for the day... Quicksilver Cassock

This is a recolored version of the Quicksilver Cassock. I saturated the belt and jacket to be more violet and less muted brownish-purple and I changed the yellow-orange to a periwinkle blue. It goes extremely well with the Totemic Lavalier.

Tomorrow I will post more as time permits.

Default Totemic Lavalier

One of my favorite headpiece/crown items in the game.

Rainbow Assortment, the blue one is the original item for anyone that doesn't have one. I would definitely purchase cosmetics of the violet and sea green, possibly the red one. I included orange and gold to be thorough and just because I don't care particularly for those colors doesn't mean they don't appeal to others.

nice changes. Can you tweak Wraith skin? That should be one awesome-looking set of leathers, black and ghostly, not browny
    http://m.ddowiki.com/page/Item:Wraith%27s_Skin

Nice looks, please also consider hair dye for druid animal form
    Jeoffree of Cannith, Leader of Monkeystyle Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    nice changes. Can you tweak Wraith skin? That should be one awesome-looking set of leathers, black and ghostly, not browny
    http://m.ddowiki.com/page/Item:Wraith%27s_Skin
    I'll give it a try when I get the time. I wanted to complete the list of items I mentioned in my posts on the official discussions thread: Armor, Helms, and Weapons; What would you liked to see tweaked for new items?

Default Recolored Vestments of the Sunsoul

Alright this one doesn't look as good as I'd like for several reasons.

Two problems. One I had to work from a wiki image because my only monk is only level 12 right now and leveling her is slow because I'm discovering that no amount of tinkering with her build is going to make me enjoy the monk play-style. Oh well. The second problem is that I was attempting to reverse the lights and darks of the outfit by using solarize then recoloring from there. But solarize had already caused a glowy effect that was unintentional to the end product. So please assume that I intended for all the bits and pieces to look as if they fit together better (same saturation/more matte). I apologize for the rough quality but it should still get across the basic idea.

I'll try to add some more images over the next few days.

Default Today we have an assortment of fiendish fashion.

This is my take on Bloodplate and the helm I would prefer with it a red glowing-eyed Undying Gaze.

I made the red look abit more lavish, darkened the under armor to black and grey except for the bodice which I changed from a reddish brown to match the upper pieces. I already had this random skull helm so I tried to make it match as best as possible but really I would prefer Undying Gaze with a grey (rather than yellow) skull and red glowing eyes (versus green). I do not have an Undying Gaze so I altered a wiki image, this is why the two are separate.

Default Shroud of the Abbott

This is my version of the Shroud of the Abbott, I swiped some pieces from Bloodplate, altered the neck piece, darkened the colors and in general made it more sinister. I used a wiki image because I do not have a Shroud of the Abbott.

Default This is for Saekee

A greyed down darkened version of Wraithskin. It's a little bland to my tastes; I would like it better if it had some rogue gear on it like a bandoleer, knife sheaf, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    A greyed down darkened version of Wraithskin. It's a little bland to my tastes; I would like it better if it had some rogue gear on it like a bandoleer, knife sheaf, etc.

Niiiiice!!!!! thank you! Devs take note
    Last edited by Saekee; 09-10-2016 at 06:32 PM.

This is my version of the Shroud of the Abbott, I swiped some pieces from Bloodplate, altered the neck piece, darkened the colors and in general made it more sinister. I used a wiki image because I do not have a Shroud of the Abbott.

sweet--great changes.
    This is my take on Bloodplate and the helm I would prefer with it a red glowing-eyed Undying Gaze.

I made the red look abit more lavish, darkened the under armor to black and grey except for the bodice which I changed from a reddish brown to match the upper pieces. I already had this random skull helm so I tried to make it match as best as possible but really I would prefer Undying Gaze with a grey (rather than yellow) skull and red glowing eyes (versus green). I do not have an Undying Gaze so I altered a wiki image, this is why the two are separate.
    Great stuff! Undying Gaze helmet style has been in lootgen for a while so the unique named item could use a buff

So far, the Cormyrian Druid is my favorite redesign, although the Shroud of the Abbott is quite striking. I think you could do some quality consulting work for the design group any time.

In the interim, maybe Cordo should give you an honorary title, like Official DDO Fashionista.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Such awesome redesigns. I loved the Cormyrian one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delssar View Post
    Khyber is the worst server (IMHO) for community.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    So far, the Cormyrian Druid is my favorite redesign, although the Shroud of the Abbott is quite striking. I think you could do some quality consulting work for the design group any time.

In the interim, maybe Cordo should give you an honorary title, like Official DDO Fashionista.
    Well thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it. Now that Ravenloft is being talked about maybe the fiendish styles could fit in there. I still have 6 to 8 more ideas percolating and I'm thinking of re-posting my Xoriat themed idea here just so all of them are together.

Quote Originally Posted by junior_w View Post
    Such awesome redesigns. I loved the Cormyrian one.
    Thank you.

Default I call these the Windstep Garments

This is a combination of the Garments of Equilibrium and the Lesser whirlwind Armor (available only in the Test dojo of Lamania). I had to use a wiki image for the whirlwind upper pieces so they're a little blurry in comparison to the under armor. I adjusted the colors of both to look better together and settled on the dark blue versus a pale blue as being too washed out. If this were to become an actual item I think it would be cool if it came with a constant blur visual effect to indicate that its kindred with the wind. The actual Lesser Whirlwind armor has leg pieces but I couldn't reshape them to the legs on the outfit so gave them up as a lost cause even though it would have been nice to include them. It would also look better if I could have removed the golden tan breastpiece and arm guards but I have no way of re-creating whatever the cloth looks like underneath.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast