Thread: Cinematics

Default Cinematics

The only two cinematic pieces within DDO, as far as I am aware, are the opening piece with the Storm Reaver, and the Underdark expansion with Lolth.
    I found the UD cinematic very refreshing, as was hoping to see more of this caliber animation from DDO, but unless I have missed something, there has not been a cinematic release since.
    IMO, a good cinematic can boost excitement for an expansion or even just some ransom new content.
    Am i the only one who feels this way?

Quote Originally Posted by walkingwolfmike View Post
    The only two cinematic pieces within DDO, as far as I am aware, are the opening piece with the Storm Reaver, and the Underdark expansion with Lolth.
    I found the UD cinematic very refreshing, as was hoping to see more of this caliber animation from DDO, but unless I have missed something, there has not been a cinematic release since.
    IMO, a good cinematic can boost excitement for an expansion or even just some ransom new content.
    Am i the only one who feels this way?
    Altho u re right that cinematics are great for immersion and overall feel (**** i love all those cinematics at Secret World), the production cost of those is quite high. And i guess if player base had to choose inbetween content and cinematics - most would vote for content. I doubt that with limited resources the team have to deal with we ll see any in near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    As far as Gauthaag goes, don't let him get you riled up. This is what he does. Constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthaag View Post
    Altho u re right that cinematics are great for immersion and overall feel (**** i love all those cinematics at Secret World), the production cost of those is quite high. And i guess if player base had to choose inbetween content and cinematics - most would vote for content. I doubt that with limited resources the team have to deal with we ll see any in near future.
    They could hire some College students. I've seen low budget ones done on Youtube with the same or better quality (which are done by college students). This should be contracted out though, so the developers can focus on development. There are quite a few prestigious (as well as very good ones) colleges in Turbines geographical region. I'm sure a few calls, and fliers, would net some interested responses. Besides, it will look great on their resume, and most BA students wont pass up pizza/beer/dance money (Let's be honest, they are not going to spend it on books).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This^ in so many words is how you say time and feedback on Lammania are wasted.