Community Member

Default Bravery Marshall

Just throwing a wish list item out there. Would it be possible to have the bravery marshall tell us what our current streaks are so that we could make an educated decision whether to pause them or not?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNiCd View Post
    Just throwing a wish list item out there. Would it be possible to have the bravery marshall tell us what our current streaks are so that we could make an educated decision whether to pause them or not?
    Why? You can see what the streak is whenevee you step into a quest.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Why? You can see what the streak is whenevee you step into a quest.
    Why not? Seems like it would be a easy add.

Some quests have a pretty long travel time to them. If you get there and realize you want to pause/unpause your streak, it's kind of a bummer.

Why not? Seems like it would be a easy add.

Some quests have a pretty long travel time to them. If you get there and realize you want to pause/unpause your streak, it's kind of a bummer.
    I meant that you cn just pop into any quest to check the streak, and then exit.

It may be easy to add, but i dont see it as being all that useful
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

I guess that's the workaround. Admittedly, looking at the "One Thing" thread, there are probably other things I'd like to see as a higher priority than this.

Community Member

So as a follow on, what is the fastest bravery check and change path?

E.g. teleport to harbor, check @ Grimm & Barrett, run back to harbor guild ship entrance to visit bravery marhsall.

Anything faster than that?

So as a follow on, what is the fastest bravery check and change path?

E.g. teleport to harbor, check @ Grimm & Barrett, run back to harbor guild ship entrance to visit bravery marhsall.

Anything faster than that?
    Put a note to self in bio about BB status, 1 or 0, paused or not paused, update when updated.

Community Member

Ha, I forgot there even was a bio sheet. Good idea. If I can remember to do it.

Better idea, get rid of bravery marshal and just have streak auto-pause instead of break if you are doing content that would break it.

Even more better idea, get rid of bravery and just up the first run bonus on dungeons by 20%. Toss in a 5% per person grouping bonus too.

Everybody wins and DDO gets rid of one of its most confusing and idiotic additions. I love the guys at Turbine but holy heck Bravery Bonus sounds like something some devs girlfriend came up with and everybody is forced to keep it in the game so he keeps getting laid.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo
    Building a Better DDO

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Better idea, get rid of bravery marshal and just have streak auto-pause instead of break if you are doing content that would break it.

Even more better idea, get rid of bravery and just up the first run bonus on dungeons by 20%. Toss in a 5% per person grouping bonus too.

Everybody wins and DDO gets rid of one of its most confusing and idiotic additions. I love the guys at Turbine but holy heck Bravery Bonus sounds like something some devs girlfriend came up with and everybody is forced to keep it in the game so he keeps getting laid.
    Simply getting rid of the idea of a bravery steak would do, bravery bonus is nice extra bonus for first time completion under X level, having to combo it and turn/turn on a bonus is more tedium then its worth

Community Member

I wouldn't want to see the streak bonus eliminated without also comping the XP penalty on TR lives. Most of the time I just leave it running and it's not a big deal to manage. It would just be nice to see the current status somewhere more convenient than quest entrance dialogues. The BB and streak are not a function of the particular quest you're opening, IMO. They are an accumulation of prior accomplishments.

I will agree that it's pretty confusing and even after a couple years playing I still occasionally re-read the wiki article on it.

I would also agree that there are probably more important dev priorities.

I would settle for them replacing that horrid crossbow sound with something less annoying.

Community Member

... IMO. They are an accumulation of prior accomplishments...
    Which is pointless since you can pause it, do a quest you cannot complete on Elite and run it on Hard / Normal / Casual, then un-pause it and still allow you to grow your streak #...what sort of accomplishment is that? Although, prior to the Bravery Marshall being implemented this might have been considered a real bravery streak because they only way you could avoid losing your BB is to have someone over level join your group and it would disqualify you from getting BB, but still allow you to keep your #. Either way, I never put any value into this number once it grew bigger than 5.

IMO, Any number over 5 is pointless since there is no additional XP bonus. They should just cap it at 5 and stop tracking the number after that, any number beyond 5 is pointless for anything other than some sort of feel good measure.

I would rather they find a different form of bonus XP mechanic that did not limit your level range in Heroic questing that hinders grouping and simply get rid of BB altogether.
    Main toon - Galing (Sarlona)
    Heroic Completionist x1 - 11/03/2016. Epic Completionist x1 - 12/04/2016
    Current life #43 (14 Epic, 23 Heroic, 3 Iconic, 3 Racial): Warforge 20 Arti 10 Epic

Community Member

I think that's a great idea, but I have an even better one - auto pause the streak when you run a quest that would break it, and resume it when you run a quest that would contribute. We are running this game on a computer, take advantage of that fact. Let the Bravery Marshal *just* tell us about our streaks and how brave we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Games which not only allow, but embrace players playing differently in their own game space, succeed far more often, as well as succeed in far higher measurable degree, than those which force players into playing a specific way.