Community Member

Default Office Place RPG

My RPG group and I have played in dozens of Sci-Fi and Fantasy settings but we have decided after the current campaign that we are going to be playing an RPG set in an office where we will be simple office workers. Normally when I GM I tend to fudge rules to keep players alive unless the player and I agree that their death was deserved/heroic. I plan to change my style for this campaign and set out to take down the players. We are playing with the Fate system and instead of physical stress we will have irritation stress. To that end I need annoying co-workers and customers to be the dragons and goblins of this campaign and while I have my own ideas for a few of the monsters I thought it couldn't hurt to ask here for some horrible stories that I could turn into villains.

If it matters we have agreed that our business can't make any physical or interesting product so we are a company that makes Captchas.

Dilbert? The Office? Office Space?

Plenty of sources for inspiration for your game out there.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Howe View Post
    Dilbert? The Office? Office Space?
    Yep already tapping those and reading websites dedicated to horrible office stories just thought some people here may enjoy their cubicle partner who has to talk out loud while typing becoming a villain in an rpg.

Also, while I love Dilbert and the British version of The Office, the characters are exaggerated to a ridiculous level. Well except Wally. I worked with a Wally.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

If you want a corp type game you should look at

https://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/16/16308.phtml

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

Met a guy named Shane. He was pretty funny. When he get drunk or stoned he'd be talking to you literally inches away from your face.

His nickname was close-talking Shane.

A game about work? Totally a buzzkill

I find this idea simultaneously repugnant and hilarious. I applaud you and your group's courage to explore new RPG environments.

Oh, and remember: next Friday... is Hawaiian shirt day. So, you know, if you want to, go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    Oh, and remember: next Friday... is Hawaiian shirt day. So, you know, if you want to, go ahead and wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans.
    Yeahhhh, that'd be great.
    Steve Howe was voted "Best Overall Guitarist" in Guitar Player magazine five years in a row (1977–1981) and in 1981 was the first rock guitar player inducted into the Guitar Player Hall of Fame.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkoorex View Post
    Met a guy named Shane. He was pretty funny. When he get drunk or stoned he'd be talking to you literally inches away from your face.

His nickname was close-talking Shane.
    Perfect! Shane will be one of the accountants for sure!

2015 DDO Players Council Nuclear_Elvis's Avatar

Will the Red Stapler be the equivalent of a Vorpal Weapon in DDO?
    Kyll - Guild leader of Your Part Time Guild on Wayfinder server.
    -- Your Part Time Guild has over 750+ Guild Members!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear_Elvis View Post
    Will the Red Stapler be the equivalent of a Vorpal Weapon in DDO?
    Nah. It's a wall of fire clicky.

"OK, but that's the last straw."
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Will there be customers/clients involved? An endless source of frustration there.

New hires? "I'm here, pay me. Whaddya mean I have to actually do work first?!?"

ADA reps. "This light switch is 1/2" too high. Replace every switch in your company immediately or be fined."

Etc.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles