Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Community Member

For collectibles locations, I think the guides are actually wrong in one specific case: Com collectibles like Lightning-Split Soarwoods don't drop in Forgotten Realms, right? Only in Eberron? So any guidance to try a dungeon in Forgotten Realms to farm those items will result in nada.

Conversely, for those tiers that include the Eberron-only items, if you are looking for a different item in the same tier, you actually WANT to farm in Forgotten Realms (everything else being equal), since the non-dropping items then don't take up a slot, which effectively increases the chances of a drop of the thing you want.

It would be good if the guide helps players in this regard.

Default awesome

Just want to be the zillionth person to say this planner is awesome. GREAT work, and much appreciated.

I took a hiatus for about 2 years and when I came back I was pretty confused about the new crafting. This planner pretty much gave me everything I needed to know AND helps me plan out actual crafting.

Thanks!

Best crafting help I've ever seen for the game, even better than a couple of the old greensteel crafters.

3 questions/suggestions:

-Would it be possible to add in some indicator to the lists of effects that a particular effect is exclusive to that gear slot? As an example, how Vampirism is only available on a melee weapon's extra effect location. Could possibly have different colored text indicating exclusivity to not just a particular gear slot, but a particular shard location as well.

-Would it be possible to make the Gear Master's minimum level selector lock out unavailable abilities? The dialog box that pops up for extra effects on <lvl10 feels a bit weird given how clean the rest of the builder is. It also doesn't seem to take into account the nonexistence of non-white augment slots for lvl1.

-In the Gear Master, would it be possible to add a 4th section, just to the right of the extra effects, that would be for augment slots?

Community Member

I've just encountered your crafting planner for the first time, and I'm thrilled. Excellent work!

I think the overall presentation would be cleaner if you offered a pulldown (or radio button) selection for 'Bound' or 'Unbound' and presented the materials list only for whichever was selected. I keep seeing something like 'Funerary Token = 30' and I know it's only 15 for a bound shard.

Also, small presentation glitch: In materials for the Item you show Essences followed by Crafting Level. For Effects, you show Crafting Level followed by Essences.

But clearly these are just appearance things. I love how it works.

Thanks for all your effort. Good product.
    Last edited by Zistra; 04-08-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    Server: Argonnessen
    Guild: Stranger Than Fiction
    Main: Visik

Quote Originally Posted by ramzes7asit4 View Post
    Hi!
    Planner update for current live (u32).
    Link to stable planner: http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/
    Additional planner: http://ccplaner.esy.es/.

Thanks to all wiki editors who helps me and Cordovan for https://forums-old.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5858836.
    I'll update and support this planner.
    Post here or here (wiki) bugs, errors, grammar mistake, and improvement idea.

Mobile app: maybe in future.
    This is a really excellent utility, thank you for putting in the time to create it. I use this utility at least one per week. The feature I use most is the Gear Master, where I find it easiest to input the affixes I want and then have the Gear Master tell me which gear slots and prefix/suffix/extra they can go on.

I believe I have found a minor bug. When asking where Insightful Spellpower can go on the Gear Master it shows Weapon and Suffix no matter what level item is selected. While on the crafting page you are only offered Insightful Spellpower in the Suffix drop-down if you select an item of level 10 or higher.

So I created an Insightful Magnetism shard, blanked a scepter (club), and applied a ML5 shard. Then when I type 'insight' into the search bar I get "No matching recipes found. When I put 'magnet' in the search I am shown Magnetism for the prefix slot only. When I put the scepter and the Insightful Magnetism shard in the device with nothing in the search bar I am told "No matching recipes found."

So I think it is clear that the Gear Master is showing Insightful Spellpower as a suffix for items which cannot have that shard applied to them, while the crafting page accounts for this correctly. The same is true for the Extra slot affects being shown for items below level 10 on the Gear Master, but there at least it is known that you cannot apply an extra slot unless the item is a ML10 or greater.

Quote Originally Posted by Niminae View Post
    This is a really excellent utility, thank you for putting in the time to create it. I use this utility at least one per week. The feature I use most is the Gear Master, where I find it easiest to input the affixes I want and then have the Gear Master tell me which gear slots and prefix/suffix/extra they can go on.

I believe I have found a minor bug. When asking where Insightful Spellpower can go on the Gear Master it shows Weapon and Suffix no matter what level item is selected. While on the crafting page you are only offered Insightful Spellpower in the Suffix drop-down if you select an item of level 10 or higher.

So I created an Insightful Magnetism shard, blanked a scepter (club), and applied a ML5 shard. Then when I type 'insight' into the search bar I get "No matching recipes found. When I put 'magnet' in the search I am shown Magnetism for the prefix slot only. When I put the scepter and the Insightful Magnetism shard in the device with nothing in the search bar I am told "No matching recipes found."

So I think it is clear that the Gear Master is showing Insightful Spellpower as a suffix for items which cannot have that shard applied to them, while the crafting page accounts for this correctly. The same is true for the Extra slot affects being shown for items below level 10 on the Gear Master, but there at least it is known that you cannot apply an extra slot unless the item is a ML10 or greater.
    When you select ML <10 and INS/extra effect in table, you should get message:
    "INS effect and Parrying work only with ML 10+.
    Extra slot work only with ML 10+"

Did you get this message?
    Wiki page.
    Standing stone has no soul.

Community Member dsmwhiteknight's Avatar

Default Insightful Deadly missing on trinket

Trinkets can have insightful deadly as an extra. This is missing from planner and from gear master.

Thank you so much for creating this. I love using it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dsmwhiteknight View Post
    Trinkets can have insightful deadly as an extra. This is missing from planner and from gear master.

Thank you so much for creating this. I love using it.
    TY!
    Wiki and CCPlanner were updated.
    Wiki page.

Default Love the CCplanner but I think I found a bug

Thanks for making such a great tool. I use it all the time.

I was surprised to find what I think is a bug. I was trying to make level 13 goggles with a colorless augment slot. When I go to see what available augments are for this item I am told "Skill (no UMD): +9." A Diamond of Skill +9 has a minimum level of 16, so without increasing the ML from the base item I would only be able to slot a Skill +7 item.

I also note as I decrease the ML to 12, 8, 4, 1; I am told I can slot a +9,+7,+5,+3, skill augment respectively. I think the issue may stem from that there are no skill augments usable at ML 1. A +3 skill augment should be ML 4. So, the expected result would be skill unavailable at level 1-3, +3 at levels 4-8, +5 at levels 9-12, +7 at levels 13-16, and so on.

Thanks again for the tool. I've used it a lot and this is the first discrepancy I've found, so kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Some_call_me_Tim View Post
    Thanks for making such a great tool. I use it all the time.

I was surprised to find what I think is a bug. I was trying to make level 13 goggles with a colorless augment slot. When I go to see what available augments are for this item I am told "Skill (no UMD): +9." A Diamond of Skill +9 has a minimum level of 16, so without increasing the ML from the base item I would only be able to slot a Skill +7 item.

I also note as I decrease the ML to 12, 8, 4, 1; I am told I can slot a +9,+7,+5,+3, skill augment respectively. I think the issue may stem from that there are no skill augments usable at ML 1. A +3 skill augment should be ML 4. So, the expected result would be skill unavailable at level 1-3, +3 at levels 4-8, +5 at levels 9-12, +7 at levels 13-16, and so on.

Thanks again for the tool. I've used it a lot and this is the first discrepancy I've found, so kudos.
    Fixed. Ty for bug report!
    P.S. Seems I fixed it long time ago in dev version, but miss that in community version.

I will try update planner in the late summer with new options, features and fix bug in Gear Master with two one-handed weapon.
    Wiki page.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

The http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/ won't load for me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    The http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/ won't load for me anymore.
    Ty.
    http://ccplaner.esy.es/
    is still work

alternative planner (temp solution): http://ccplanner.byethost6.com/
    Wiki page.

Default awesome

Ty.
    is still work

Yeah I had to search to find the new site after it would not load, I use this planner a lot as most of my gear is crafted. I farm using the planner also so incredibly powerful and useful for me

Thanks again for the great work!
    G-land
    Main characters, Tymout, Tymkul, Tymbom, Tymantha etc...

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Ty.
    is still work

The esy.es one doesn't work anymore either. According to google translate you've exceeded usage or something.

Your temp solution works for now.
    Last edited by Krelar; 07-17-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Wiki page.

Thank you! I use the hell out of your utility, probably several times per week, and when it was down I was a sad panda.

Yeah, I could have maybe found a better image. The point is the same. Scientology will need to forgive me my trespasses, as I forgive the trespasses of others.

I just had to say thank you for this awesome tool, I use it almost every day. I really appreciate your work, thanks a lot

I have one suggestion.

Today we have to select item first, then we get a list of available prefixes and suffixes. It would be awesome if we could go the other way too, select an enhancement and then get a list of where it can go on items. I know I would use that a lot

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    I just had to say thank you for this awesome tool, I use it almost every day. I really appreciate your work, thanks a lot

I have one suggestion.

Today we have to select item first, then we get a list of available prefixes and suffixes. It would be awesome if we could go the other way too, select an enhancement and then get a list of where it can go on items. I know I would use that a lot
    That's essentially what the gearmaster tab lets you do.

Thanks for putting in the time on this!
    Gloomshade ~ Thelanis

Yeah, I already find time to fix old bug in gear master (2nd weapon in gear master always threat like a shield).
    I also update SR info, but ...

Guys, please try to fill this table with new info.
    Wiki page.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast