Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ramzes7asit4 View Post

So, I tried to write some manual... I would really appreciate some help with these few sentences. Problem: It's obvious to me how to use this, and I don't know what info I should write.
    Well...
    Now that I know how it works, its kinda obvious to me too. I'm not good at writing manuals, but here comes something that might explain how it works:

Gear master is a tool to show you how you can fit all desired craftabke effects on inventory slots.
    Select items you wish to enchant and desired properties, then click generate table.

Now, for each inventory slot, select which enhancement you want, and Gear Master will automatically block their appearance on other slots, so you can plan your gear most effectively. When you are all done, click get result below.

(it probalby needs a spell checking and maybe enhancing from someone better at writing than me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

I check this, but planner show: Effect: Save: Parrying 3 (Insightful saves and Insightful AC). Power range: 13-17.
    I don't know what to make of it. Maybe it depends on the item type and whether it is suffix vs extra? This is the whole item I am looking at (screenshotted just now, not from earlier):

Nevermind. I restarted my browser and recreated the belt again, this time it uses the same values that you saw. I guess I was using an older, bugged version of the planner?

Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post
    Nevermind. I restarted my browser and recreated the belt again, this time it uses the same values that you saw. I guess I was using an older, bugged version of the planner?
    Maybe old kookies?
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Well...
    Now that I know how it works, its kinda obvious to me too. I'm not good at writing manuals, but here comes something that might explain how it works:

Gear master is a tool to show you how you can fit all desired craftabke effects on inventory slots.
    Select items you wish to enchant and desired properties, then click generate table.

Now, for each inventory slot, select which enhancement you want, and Gear Master will automatically block their appearance on other slots, so you can plan your gear most effectively. When you are all done, click get result below.

(it probalby needs a spell checking and maybe enhancing from someone better at writing than me)
    If I may:

Gear master is a tool to help you 'reverse engineer' which slots on which items would be best for a particular effect.

The tool works best if you simply use the "check all" box at the top of the item list on the left hand side and then select the effect or effects you want from the large grid of effects in the middle of the page.

Note: choosing just a single item or a small number of items works less well - not all effects can go onto all items and when you use the planner it has no way to know that you have selected an impossible combination of item and effect until you have generated the table (see next point).

Once you have selected all the effects you want, click Generate Table - which you will find at the bottom of the item list on the left hand side.

You will be shown all the slots where those effects could possibly go from the items you have selected.

If you see a "none" entry against a particular item & slot, that means none of the effects you have chosen can go on that item/slot

'Lock in' an effect against an item and its slot by clicking the effect name in that slot once.

Once you have "locked in" all your effects to particular pieces of gear, click Get Result to see an easier-to-read summary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Smile awesome work!!!!

well done.

really intuitive and easy to use.

i was so impressed i had to log on to forums so i could say "great work"

Default New update

Info:
    * Add all miss value. Recheck current value. //Wiki problem: need recheck some data.
    * Correct enchant for collars and rune arms.
    * Extra slot info for items with min lvl <=9.
    * Some UI changes.

Current work:
    * Update "Gear master"

Note:
    * Ingredient for non-scaling effect will be added with next lamania/live release.
    Wiki page.
    Standing stone has no soul.

The planner appears to be down.

Until it's back online, does anyone know where I can find slotting information for effects? For example, where does "spot" go? Of note is that a simple listing of item slots is insufficient. Prefix and Suffix must also be specified.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post

Until it's back online, does anyone know where I can find slotting information for effects? For example, where does "spot" go? Of note is that a simple listing of item slots is insufficient. Prefix and Suffix must also be specified.
    The "wiki work" link in the first post has that information. (Spot is a suffix in goggles, helmets, necklaces, and trinkets.)

Community Manager

Just wanted to thank the OP again for working on this, as it's very useful.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Working fine for me.

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Working fine for me.

Stoner81.
    Yep, back up for me too now. (The page wouldn't load all last night.)

Runearms have different effects in main planner and gear master.
    Which one is it?

Hi again! Sorry, have some problem with free time.
    After live release, i need some time to update wiki page. After I update planner and gear master.

I will link the archive with planner after upload live info. There only pure js and html. So, it will work well in you local machine.

Runearms have different effects in main planner and gear master.
    Which one is it?
    In the bottom of the page you can see Lamania version=)
    Wiki page.

Two quality of life requests for the gear planner:

1) Button to reset all selections to blank.
    2) Button to leave the gear master, returning to the planner.

Otherwise, everything is awesome. You might enjoy this post, where I had a complex gearing question that the gear master is perfectly designed to answer. Loved it!

In the bottom of the page you can see Lamania version=)
    I don't get what you mean.

On the bottom I can see link to sheet on lamma with power per level, but there's no effect per item slot.

I don't get what you mean.

On the bottom I can see link to sheet on lamma with power per level, but there's no effect per item slot.
    Gear master: "All info based on Lamania (v2). Check THIS. Write me about bug UL. Collar and runearm in next update."
    Main page: "All info based on Lamania (v3). Update of ingredients will be after live release (Currently info for non-scalling shards isn't correct.). Check THIS. Write me about bug UL"

Different lamania version. V3 is the latest.

So, gear master outdated now. Main page contain the latest information about enchantment.
    Wiki page.

Gear master: "All info based on Lamania (v2). Check THIS. Write me about bug UL. Collar and runearm in next update."
    Main page: "All info based on Lamania (v3). Update of ingredients will be after live release (Currently info for non-scalling shards isn't correct.). Check THIS. Write me about bug UL"

Different lamania version. V3 is the latest.

So, gear master outdated now. Main page contain the latest information about enchantment.
    Ooooooh.
    Thanks for clarification.
    Sad about runearms then. I envisioned armor piercing + hamp T.T :/ Those avaible upgrades are meh T.T ;/

Community Member

Site appears to be down

Have some hosting problem. Need time to fix.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhSd_rvpZ8CSg5dUDl_EPmshV-r1rw

This is achive of site. Extract it. And open main.html

Alternative link: http://ccplanner.byethost14.com/
    Last edited by ramzes7asit4; 09-13-2016 at 07:05 PM. Reason: alternative link
    Wiki page.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast