Community Member

Default Best PVP build (Class+Race) (?)

Hey guys,
    I would like to know what is the best PVP build.
    Yes, there will be people who say that there isn't "best".
    And yes, there will be people who say that this game isn't based on PVP, and it's waste of time.
    But, I got my reasons , and it's not my main toon.. only need one to keep for an emergency.
    So guys, what do you think?
    Consider that if I build a caster, there will be people with pale and etc..
    The race is important too!
    Thanks, and have a good day!

There is no best there are only those better and better equipped. Knowing your opponent is probably the best weapon in your Arsenal.

Community Member

A slightly longer version of Enderoc's answer:

Do you want to kill people before they can see you? An Assassin is great for one-shotting and can get a decent Dire Charge pretty easily for escapes / gap-closing, but requires the enemy not have an unreasonable Fort save.

Pretty much any DC caster is going to be similar - they'll be squishier, but they also have multiple spell options to get around saves.

You could always go with the Pure Warlock for tankiness and bursts, which should be sufficient for anyone who tries to get close to you. Hurl Through Hell is a great way to get folks at range, but at the same time your saves won't be stellar.

If you're a melee fan, a 12 Bard / 6 Fighter / 2 Rogue is pretty solid but won't have the same burst as, say, a FotW THF pure Barbarian. TWF rangers will do more damage than pretty much any other melee in the long run, but they're squishy and require sustained combat.

I could go on, but the bottom line is that pretty much every class will have at least one or two really solid PVP options. Pick your style (melee vs. ranged vs. spell, burst vs. sustained, CC vs. straight damage, escapism vs. tankiness) and then we can talk build options

Community Member

Default Spell Caster

Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    A slightly longer version of Enderoc's answer:

Do you want to kill people before they can see you? An Assassin is great for one-shotting and can get a decent Dire Charge pretty easily for escapes / gap-closing, but requires the enemy not have an unreasonable Fort save.

Pretty much any DC caster is going to be similar - they'll be squishier, but they also have multiple spell options to get around saves.

You could always go with the Pure Warlock for tankiness and bursts, which should be sufficient for anyone who tries to get close to you. Hurl Through Hell is a great way to get folks at range, but at the same time your saves won't be stellar.

If you're a melee fan, a 12 Bard / 6 Fighter / 2 Rogue is pretty solid but won't have the same burst as, say, a FotW THF pure Barbarian. TWF rangers will do more damage than pretty much any other melee in the long run, but they're squishy and require sustained combat.

I could go on, but the bottom line is that pretty much every class will have at least one or two really solid PVP options. Pick your style (melee vs. ranged vs. spell, burst vs. sustained, CC vs. straight damage, escapism vs. tankiness) and then we can talk build options
    Hey ,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I would like to have a build for a spell caster, who can kill quickly and like no one will be fast enough to get to me haha.
    (I don't have Warlock or Monk). I've heard that fvs is good?
    hmm actually if possible I would like to have a build for quick kill caster , and maybe a melee tank (who can dmg some as well)
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TomerNaydnov123 View Post
    Hey ,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I would like to have a build for a spell caster, who can kill quickly and like no one will be fast enough to get to me haha.
    (I don't have Warlock or Monk). I've heard that fvs is good?
    hmm actually if possible I would like to have a build for quick kill caster , and maybe a melee tank (who can dmg some as well)
    Thank you.
    Most dedicated PVPers are going to be wearing a Pale Lavender Ioun Stone (Absorbs spells / 50 charges) so most of your spells will have a hard time getting through. I personally would suggest an archer build running in FOTW destiny.

...but then again, I rarely PVP.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Community Member

Default Archer is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    Most dedicated PVPers are going to be wearing a Pale Lavender Ioun Stone (Absorbs spells / 50 charges) so most of your spells will have a hard time getting through. I personally would suggest an archer build running in FOTW destiny.

...but then again, I rarely PVP.
    alot of people told me to go Archer.. if so , I still need a good build for that
    Maybe you could find me one? I would appreciate it.

Community Member

For some reason, all the Monkcher builds I was thinking of have vanished from my radar...

The White Feather Sniper doesn't have a bad Paralyzing Shot DC, if you want to incorporate some CC. I'm currently running a life similar to Strimtom's Acid Arrow, which relies on AA a bit more for damage

If you want the best possible archer burst damage, you'll probably want to take AA's Arrow of Slaying (T5). Unbridled Fury (FotW Epic Moment) + Manyshot + Arrow of Slaying gave you 5 hits with ~25k damage back in u28. It's fallen out of favor a bit since the Manyshot changes and since Rangers got more sustained damage, but it's still got fantastic burst. I couldn't find any constructed builds, so for this build, you could do something as simple as Ranger 20, or you could splash in some Monk, Fighter, etc. Just make sure you've got 12 levels in Ranger for the DWS Core #4, which adds 1 to your crit multiplier

For better sustained damage, consider taking T5 DWS, which gives an extra 20% doubleshot and some extra RP. On a pure ranger, the best sustained build involves 41 points in AA, 39 points in DWS (T5 DWS) to make the most of the free doubleshot.

Alternatively, you could work a 14 Monk, 6 Ranger build that swaps between Ten Thousand Stars and Manyshot. Similar numbers of shots as the pure ranger option above, but a little bit more active playstyle and it'll have Abundant Step and Grandmaster Earth Stance for defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    For some reason, all the Monkcher builds I was thinking of have vanished from my radar...

The White Feather Sniper doesn't have a bad Paralyzing Shot DC, if you want to incorporate some CC. I'm currently running a life similar to Strimtom's Acid Arrow, which relies on AA a bit more for damage

If you want the best possible archer burst damage, you'll probably want to take AA's Arrow of Slaying (T5). Unbridled Fury (FotW Epic Moment) + Manyshot + Arrow of Slaying gave you 5 hits with ~25k damage back in u28. It's fallen out of favor a bit since the Manyshot changes and since Rangers got more sustained damage, but it's still got fantastic burst. I couldn't find any constructed builds, so for this build, you could do something as simple as Ranger 20, or you could splash in some Monk, Fighter, etc. Just make sure you've got 12 levels in Ranger for the DWS Core #4, which adds 1 to your crit multiplier

For better sustained damage, consider taking T5 DWS, which gives an extra 20% doubleshot and some extra RP. On a pure ranger, the best sustained build involves 41 points in AA, 39 points in DWS (T5 DWS) to make the most of the free doubleshot.

Alternatively, you could work a 14 Monk, 6 Ranger build that swaps between Ten Thousand Stars and Manyshot. Similar numbers of shots as the pure ranger option above, but a little bit more active playstyle and it'll have Abundant Step and Grandmaster Earth Stance for defenses.
    Either of the two builds listed above would work well. I would personally go with Strimtom's. It relies less on DC's to inflict damage.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.