Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I find this google doc very helpful
    Extremely helpful. Thank you!

Default Whats the POINT?

Seriously? Whats The Point?

You spend all this time and effort to get high enough to make something good and you can make what> 1, 2? 3? things after a bunch of grind? I would rather have a craftier who could make a LOT of mediocre fill in items than 2 or 3 AWESOME items. I'm just a regular Joe with a regular job.. I do not live to make only the MAX.. Everyone here is talking about the MAX that can happen and what CAN BE to good and what CAN BE to hard to make... what can the day to day crafter expect? Can we sustain making 1-3 standard fill-in type items a week? a Month? if we put in the effort? If not WHATS THE POINT in spending all the time and effort in doing this for the average guy/gal it is just a bunch of wasted effort for getting what in return?

Tier 1 and 2 should be easy to hit the low hanging fruit, tier 3+ should be the harder to pick ****
    Last edited by Zzevel; 08-15-2016 at 01:26 PM.
    Wait, can you hear it? Is it? The worlds smallest vio..nah... nevermind... it can't be, its too small..

Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    Seriously? Whats The Point?

You spend all this time and effort to get high enough to make something good and you can make what> 1, 2? 3? things after a bunch of grind? I would rather have a craftier who could make a LOT of mediocre fill in items than 2 or 3 AWESOME items. I'm just a regular Joe with a regular job.. I do not live to make only the MAX.. Everyone here is talking about the MAX that can happen and what CAN BE to good and what CAN BE to hard to make... what can the day to day crafter expect? Can we sustain making 1-3 standard fill-in type items a week? a Month? if we put in the effort? If not WHATS THE POINT in spending all the time and effort in doing this for the average guy/gal it is just a bunch of wasted effort for getting what in return?

Tier 1 and 2 should be easy to hit the low hanging fruit, tier 3+ should be the harder to pick ****

I am a mid level crafter with enough levels to make alacrity shards and a min lvl 20 DR breakers etc, copied over the toon to Lamma: still can make alacrity shards but each costs me 5 (yes five!) fragrant drowshoods. And only have 20% chance on making a ML20 weapon (for the extra +1W) so i feel I lost so far as other things I can craft I already have (like dodge item, deadly, seekr etc items) from old/new loot.
    So will the collectables drop like raindrops?
    You nerfed my monks, throwers, dailies and alchemists.
    I hardly play anymore, found a better hobby.
    Thank You!

Community Member rikkitikkitarvi's Avatar

Default Cannith Crafting Notes

I have done some crafting and my comments are as follows:
    1. The flexibility of the skills seems to have vanished (IE spot,search, etc) These used to be available on all items but now appears to be available only is select locations.
    2. Spot does not seem to appear on Goggles. So goggles apparently don't help me see things but if I hold this necklace just right I can see those traps???
    3. I can no longer craft item specific gear. IE Search/Int, Spot/Wis, DD/Int, OL/Dex. IE I can craft both Int and search in goggles but not together because they are both prefixes??
    4. In the old system I could craft stat+6 items at level 9 or skill +13 items at lvl 11 with Master Craft. Now they are available at level 11 and 13 respectively. So if you only want the stat or the skill the current crafting system is better. Craft those items NOW. However if you want additional items on your gear than the new crafting system will be better. IE those Stat+6/Skill +13 items would be available at level 20 under the old system and now you can have a stat +6/skill +13 much earlier.

Overall I think that the crafting will be good but there are a few things that just stump me.

Default Didnt spot spot?

Quote Originally Posted by rikkitikkitarvi View Post
    I have done some crafting and my comments are as follows:
    1. The flexibility of the skills seems to have vanished (IE spot,search, etc) These used to be available on all items but now appears to be available only is select locations.
    2. Spot does not seem to appear on Goggles. So goggles apparently don't help me see things but if I hold this necklace just right I can see those traps???
    3. I can no longer craft item specific gear. IE Search/Int, Spot/Wis, DD/Int, OL/Dex. IE I can craft both Int and search in goggles but not together because they are both prefixes??
    4. In the old system I could craft stat+6 items at level 9 or skill +13 items at lvl 11 with Master Craft. Now they are available at level 11 and 13 respectively. So if you only want the stat or the skill the current crafting system is better. Craft those items NOW. However if you want additional items on your gear than the new crafting system will be better. IE those Stat+6/Skill +13 items would be available at level 20 under the old system and now you can have a stat +6/skill +13 much earlier.

Overall I think that the crafting will be good but there are a few things that just stump me.
    The wiki page lists spot as a suffix for goggles and insightful spot as an extra slot effect.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Talk:Cannith_Crafting/U32
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

As far as #4 your thinking about it wrong. Those are the values you could get with only having one effect on the item.
    With the new system, at level 7, you can have +9/+4 insightful skills for a total of +13 and still have room for one more effect.
    At ML 5 for stats you can have +5/+2 insightful for a total of +7 as well as an additional effect.
    Overall your total bonus and number of effects will be higher in the new system for most, if not all situations.

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    The wiki page lists spot as a suffix for goggles and insightful spot as an extra slot effect.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Talk:Cannith_Crafting/U32
    I sit corrected on the spot it is a suffix missed that because I had my sheet separated between suffix and prefix

Default Healing Amp on Armor?

Don't have access to the game to double check.

But the wiki lists healing amp as only available on Gloves and Trinkets. I'm pretty sure it drops on armor as well in current random loot. Is that WAI?
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    As far as #4 your thinking about it wrong. Those are the values you could get with only having one effect on the item.
    With the new system, at level 7, you can have +9/+4 insightful skills for a total of +13 and still have room for one more effect.
    At ML 5 for stats you can have +5/+2 insightful for a total of +7 as well as an additional effect.
    Overall your total bonus and number of effects will be higher in the new system for most, if not all situations.
    As I said if you only want to have a stat and nothing else on the item it is best to craft that now, and I stand by that for lower levels.

Using your example of +9skills/ +4 insightful skills at level 7. I can craft a +11 skill item in the current CC system and craft an insightful +4 skill into another item for a total of +15 at level 7.

Yes you get more on the new system as I said but you CAN get to higher levels for the early levels but using the old system or combining the two systems. IF you wanted.

As I said if you only want to have a stat and nothing else on the item it is best to craft that now, and I stand by that for lower levels.

Using your example of +9skills/ +4 insightful skills at level 7. I can craft a +11 skill item in the current CC system and craft an insightful +4 skill into another item for a total of +15 at level 7.

Yes you get more on the new system as I said but you CAN get to higher levels for the early levels but using the old system or combining the two systems. IF you wanted.
    I may be off, since I really don't craft today, but I don't see any option for crafting insightful anything on the ddowiki for the current crafting.

However, if your statement is true, you now taking up 2 item slots to get what you can in 1 with the new crafting. the +9skills/+4insightful skill is on the same item, with an additional suffix on it as well. For example, with search, you can do:

Goggles
    Prefix: Search +9
    Suffix: any of Open Lock, Spot, Accuracy, Deadly, Deception, Spell Penetration, Insightful Evocation, Insightful Illusion, Insightful Necromancy, Insightful Abjuration, Insightful Enchantment, Insightful Transmutation, Insightful Conjuration, Melee Alacrity
    Extra: Insightful Search +4

It does cost more ingredients, but it by no means weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Greantun View Post
    I may be off, since I really don't craft today, but I don't see any option for crafting insightful anything on the ddowiki for the current crafting.

However, if your statement is true, you now taking up 2 item slots to get what you can in 1 with the new crafting. the +9skills/+4insightful skill is on the same item, with an additional suffix on it as well. For example, with search, you can do:

Goggles
    Prefix: Search +9
    Suffix: any of Open Lock, Spot, Accuracy, Deadly, Deception, Spell Penetration, Insightful Evocation, Insightful Illusion, Insightful Necromancy, Insightful Abjuration, Insightful Enchantment, Insightful Transmutation, Insightful Conjuration, Melee Alacrity

It does cost more ingredients, but it by no means weaker.
    No you can't insightful craft currently but you can do the following:

Using future crafting
    Goggles
    Prefix: Int +5

Using Current Crafting

Craft into another item Search +11

This would allow you to have at level 7 a +5 Int and +15 search which is more than you can get from the current crafting or future crafting solo. Utilizing both crafting methods you can get stats/skills up very high at low levels at the cost of utilizing two items.

I'm just saying that if there was a particular skill or stat that a person wanted at the early levels that the could do it by completing both. (Especially if you did not want to waste your ingredients to make insightful shards for lower levels.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aletys View Post
    I went through a bunch of shard recipes on the bound shard machine, and found many cases where this is not the case, and where extremely rare collectibles are used on shards that are frankly not worth that level of collectible.
    I couldn't find them today, but yesterday when I was going thru the various recipes, I had many examples where a rare collectible was used on the 15-cost slot. I have never used the Stone of Change, and I very rarely trade in collectibles (usually only when both my Huge bags overflow on a particular collectible), so it's not the case where I have used some of the rarer collectibles for other things.

In the case of the striding shard, there is no way that is worth a rare ingredient of any kind, especially considering it's not a speed item.
    I do share your impression that some of the common collectibles ar rather scar and rare and I horde those collectibles since day 1 and agree that the costs could be dropped to 3/9 for the bound shards. Additionally I have seen the Eberron Dragonshard Fragments, Pure Water, Fragrant Drowshood and others skyrocket on the AH.
    * We have collectable bags, mind you, even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

Default How exactly are we supposed to get a dragon soul gem for dragon bane items?

As one of my guildies pointed out:
    "None of the dragons in the game can be killed via Trap the Soul; all are red or purple named. So you cannot even craft that."
    I also checked the wiki page that lists where to go to get the various soul gems, and it has absolutely nothing for dragons (Soul Gems).

Are we missing something?

I also checked the wiki page that lists where to go to get the various soul gems, and it has absolutely nothing for dragons (Soul Gems).

Just tested and the pseudodragons outside what goes up in heroic wilderness drop soul gem: dragon
    Last edited by slarden; 08-15-2016 at 09:56 PM.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Default Quick Question

Just a quick observation.

On rings: are the stats that you can put on going to stay. I only saw DEX, CON and CHA for option. In current Cannith Crafting (positive) and Random loot (i do beleive) you can get ALL of the 6 Stats. Are the other 3 going to be left out or added back?

Other than that I like what I see, except there probably should be a cap (and it might just not yet be implemented) for the cannith mark slots. The ring I made to check out has ML20 CHA, DEX plus 5 insightfuls (it also looked like I could have added more but ran out of ingrediants. If I am not mistaken there is suppose to be a max of 4 possible total abilities not 7+
    Always haggle venders - Anicheap Copperpincher
    Anigiant the Halfling
    Most dangerous enemy tactic ... Lag Death
    Beyond Good and Evil - Sarlona

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

As far as missing effects, I do not see any of the following:

• Everbright
    • Aligned
    • Metaline
    • Feather fall
    • Underwater Action

These are essential as far as I'm concerned.
    And once again: Devs have said repeatedly (and other players have parroted even more repeatedly) that ONLY scaling effects are in this build. These are non-scaling effects, and thus not in the build.

Well, kobolds think that they're dragons, so maybe they would work...
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Speaking of collectibles, are eberron dragonshards (all 3 types) going to get a percentage boost to drop since they are used for the new Cannith crafting? This would be a nice extra for those of us who do have a crafter and would like to be able to craft more gear.

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Just tested and the pseudodragons outside what goes up in heroic wilderness drop soul gem: dragon
    Thank you! It had not occurred to me that pseudodragons would work. I will pass it on to my guildie.
    Last edited by Aletys; 08-15-2016 at 11:18 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    And once again: Devs have said repeatedly (and other players have parroted even more repeatedly) that ONLY scaling effects are in this build. These are non-scaling effects, and thus not in the build.

Well, kobolds think that they're dragons, so maybe they would work...
    I saw that after I posted that, thank you. I have edited the post.

And in post #219, slarden said he had just tested, and that the pseudodragons outside of what goes up in the heroic wilderness area drop the dragon soul gems.
    Last edited by Aletys; 08-15-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    I do share your impression that some of the common collectibles ar rather scar and rare and I horde those collectibles since day 1 and agree that the costs could be dropped to 3/9 for the bound shards. Additionally I have seen the Eberron Dragonshard Fragments, Pure Water, Fragrant Drowshood and others skyrocket on the AH.
    I haven't seen anything esoteric like that on the AH in 2016. It's all RLG garbage and obsolete named loot.

I HAVE seen, in the last couple of days, listings of lesser essence for laughable amounts. Supply and demand will sort that out tho...
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast