Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you're standing in the pit .... you're fair game

Sorry you know its a PvP pit right ??

I used to PvP ALOT .... BUT now I maybe spend an hour or so a week PvPing as I have friends that still do this on a daily basis and its the ONLY way I get to game with them BUT you can pretty much guarantee its the same 10-15 people on the killing floor either

A - Killing each other

B - Seeing who can kill the "new person" to hop in first

C - Talking **** about each others builds ... oh ya and trash about each others moms

MOST low level toons you kill in PvP are just sitting on lowbie alts WAITING for an excuse to get their mains and bring them into PvP

AND most of them are usually in groups

Anyways hopping into PvP with a 8th lvl toon ...... what did you learn ??If you're standing in the pit .... you're fair game

I used to PvP ALOT .... BUT now I maybe spend an hour or so a week PvPing as I have friends that still do this on a daily basis and its the ONLY way I get to game with them BUT you can pretty much guarantee its the same 10-15 people on the killing floor either

A - Killing each other

C - Talking **** about each others builds ... oh ya and trash about each others moms

MOST low level toons you kill in PvP are just sitting on lowbie alts WAITING for an excuse to get their mains and bring them into PvP

Anyways hopping into PvP with a 8th lvl toon ...... what did you learn ??

1) in my gaming experience, ive found that 97% of the people who enjoy pvp are not fun people to play with and legitimately o n l y play X game to troll others in pvp zones. seems like youve found yourself one of those players so just be aware that there will most certainly be more in the future. DDO's pvp isn't that bad, not compared to other games i've played, but honestly..what youre complaining about is what ive come to understand as just being common practice in any game in any pvp zone. so, while i agree with most other commenters that your best bet is probably to simply move into a different pvp area, this kind of thing does happen a lot in pvp zones in any game so expect it to happen again.
    2) the few times ive bothered with pvp, i always use a private instance. i dont remember exactly how to do it but if you and your friend are in separate parties, you can set up a red team and a blue team and have each of your teams fight against eachother. i just cant remember if you can do 1v1 or if you need more than one on each 'team'.

Note: i'm not super into ddo pvp, as i mentioned, so people may come back with 'ummmm thats not how i am!!!' but as i also said, all i have to go on is pvp as a whole and as a whole in my experience, its a terrible experience implemented in games almost entirely for trolls enjoyment and most people who partake only partake to troll others who may not be as well equipped as them or as experienced. something of a power trip, i assume. i'm not a very competitive person so i wouldnt know.
    Leader of The Thousand Swords, a Cannith-based guild. We are always recruiting people who enjoy playing the game as much as we do. Contact 'Zylitsuki' in game for more info.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 96th_Malice View Post
    If you're standing in the pit .... you're fair game

A - Killing each other

Anyways hopping into PvP with a 8th lvl toon ...... what did you learn ??
    That some people are ******** with tiny ****s, so they have to bully others? PVP should have a level cap to prevent such harassment. I can remember playing a Vikings game years ago. I was being repeatedly targeted and killed by this numbnut. I went around befriending higher level Vikings and brought them to the party to kick that guy's butt.

See this is something called a "game". Fun is only "fun" if everyone is enjoying it. If everyone isn't enjoying it, it's called "harassment". The "move-on" mentality means that the devs don't give a **** about their players. Guild Wars II was incredibly cool at dealing with such issues with built-in game mechanisms. The NWNs online I played eons ago wasn't. Some ******* would stand at the spawn point and kill people as they re-spawned, stripping them of their gear. See, in real life, I'd take a rock or 2x4, hide next to a building and meet their face with it as they came by. That's called "natural consequences". In these damned games, either the devs build you the possibility or you need to create one.

Get some players of higher levels than him to kick his ass over and over and over again. Since no one will stop him harassing you, you need to harass him. Some people must be taught how it feels before they learn to treat others with respect.

Nice necro. Dont hop in the PvP if you don't want to sign that you are willing to die.
    ~IAmTheGreySoldier~

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    that attitude is why i don't pvp lol (not yours, his)
    Same here. It's universal. Most PvP players of any kind do not want to play fair, that's a prejudice I've built up in some years. They rather want to play little domination games. Dominate others. Make them cry, and then feed their little sadistic souls with that feeling of having "owned" someone.

I'm just not giving in feeding those sadistic trolls.

In SWTOR, there was a common tactic to attack Lowbies, to - as those trolls explained it - let them call their friendfs and thus start a "PvP war". SWTOR has a very strong war setting, that's why that was so popular with that.

Thank god most of these people left when Blizzard brought out their last game, "Overwatch".

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Nice necro. Dont hop in the PvP if you don't want to sign that you are willing to die.
    Yes, but this attitude is universal. It will never go away, because a percentage of sadism is embedded in humankind.

And because of that, you might see threads like that everywhere, in any game that has PvP.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    oh but what would be from PVP without dram and whining "cause it's not fair just that or such"

pretty sure a well played toon with 8 lvls less can obliterate another pumpkin with 8 lvls more, it's DDO not WoW, so lvls could not matter less

YAY FOR THE NECRO!

PVP should be buried (cause it's just an epeen complex XD), with all those who try to PVP in DDO too lol
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Manager

closing as necro
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12