Default Merciful Shot not scaling with ranged power

So, I'm running an AA/DS ranger, and I grabbed Merciful Shot to help finish off trash. I figured, you know, with Manyshot's 4 Ranged Power per BAB bonus, that would be an impressive way to finish off harder targets. Well, I'm not going to say it's bad, because it's still greatly helpful (unless I screw up and don't get a sneak attack because I rolled a 1 on one of my debuffs or just, you know, pull that 1 on Merciful Shot which seems to happen way too often), but I noticed that the scaling isn't actually, well, working right. As in, it scales with attack power, but it scales with *melee* attack power. With 7% melee power and (at the time of the screenshot) 11% ranged power, I deal 535 damage, which is in line with 7% power (and the same as the damage on merciful strike, the melee version). Manyshot does not impact this damage, as it should now that it grants ranged power, and the tooltip indicates ranged power scaling.

Screenies below (links because they're huge pictures):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=705612021
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=705611924
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=705611968

Bug #24027-119956
    Last edited by CSQ; 06-17-2016 at 05:32 PM.
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

I haven't heard anything back from Turbine, so I figured I'd bump this up since it's been a while.

Having climbed through the levels into epic, I've had more chances to see the ability at work, and can confirm that Merciful Shot does scale with melee power, now that I get some every level.

There's, uh, not much else to say.
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Yeah, it's bugged. I noticed this a few months ago as well, and got investigating. Currently it scales with melee power instead of ranged power. This bug is noted on the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by sithhound View Post
    Yeah, it's bugged. I noticed this a few months ago as well, and got investigating. Currently it scales with melee power instead of ranged power. This bug is noted on the wiki.
    that explains it!

it dealt 500 damage - i got enough ap to take the thingie that makes archers focus stack to 25 and gives 5 ranged and 5 meele power

and it went from 500 to 525

but it still doesnt make sense.

shouldn't it be 625? either way?

o well it is still a nice ability

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    that explains it!

it dealt 500 damage - i got enough ap to take the thingie that makes archers focus stack to 25 and gives 5 ranged and 5 meele power

and it went from 500 to 525

but it still doesnt make sense.

shouldn't it be 625? either way?

o well it is still a nice ability
    Is that your only current source of melee power? I mean, are you setting at 5mp? If so, that's correct, I think. 5mp is 5 extra damage per 100, I think, so it would be 25 extra for 500 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by sithhound View Post
    Is that your only current source of melee power? I mean, are you setting at 5mp? If so, that's correct, I think. 5mp is 5 extra damage per 100, I think, so it would be 25 extra for 500 damage.
    at school right now and cant check but i believe so.

never mind lol i was doing 25% for some reason

which means 5% of 500 is 25 and would be 525

grumble grumble

so i guess that means i have to find a meele power item now.

We have a fix for this internally and, assuming nothing goes wrong, it should be resolved on Live after our next patch/update.