DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

Default DDOCast 433 - DDO Debates

This week we welcome back Chai, Voodu, and Antha for some more debate questions including talking about Death & Failure, DC Casting, and a number of idea pitchings!

Have thoughts on this show, ideas for round table topics, questions you’d like us to answer, or topics you’d like to see us debate? Leave us a comment, send us an email (ddocast@gmail.com) or give us a tweet (@ddocast)!

Check out www.ddocast.com for mp3 audio, our show calendar, swag, archives, and more!

Want to support the show? You can feed the kobolds (give money) on our website www.ddocast.com! We use these gifts to support the show and give out prizes.

DDO Debates - 2:20
    -How much death and failure should be deemed acceptable? - 433
    -Is it too difficult to build a viable DC caster? - 14:59
    -pitch a quality of life change - 23:20
    -Pitch 1 existing systems expansion/redesign - 33:22
    -Pitch a new bonus day - 43:25
    -What is the best place to cast grease? - 50:38
    Game News - 55:32
    Community News - 1:08:14
    Lightning Post - 1:17:16
    Closing - 1:29:13

DDO Chronicle 193
    Weekly Wed Q/A
    Grimorde: DDO Puzzle App
    Order of Syncletica: Bowmaster Ascendant

Watch shows live at twitch.tv/ddocast
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

A fun and interesting debate as always

Ideally, I think LE should be almost like Dark Souls - it should totally kick your butt if you're unprepared (which it already does), but also allow for a high success chance even on the 1st time run when you have a party that can work together, approach cautiously and use tactics, even without the most optimal gear & setup. Unfortunately, the way the game is set up with such high damage spikes it can end up just being frustrating, and balancing for different character builds that can be a nightmare. The devs admit the idea of % HP damage on player weapons was something of a mistake, but careful application of that effect to certain enemies (with player defenses allowing additional modifiers to reduce it further) could help remove the "cheap shot" feel but retain an appropriate challenge.

Existing system enhancement - I like the idea of having legendary s/s/s epic gear - I'd borrow some code from the Chimera gear (which links certain item effects into the presence of dragonmark feats) & make new versions of all the s/s/s items which have a load of enhanced legendary effects that unlock when wielded by a level 30 character, the presence of any Scion feat being the key. That way, it'd encourage people to play the older content more, but without adding any more grind to the game that already exists.

New bonus event - Mardi Gras! cosmetic gear previews remain until logout, whenever you kill an enemy there's a 1% chance of getting the confetti effect, raid chest opening triggers the "you win ddo!" & fireworks effect from the button of winning & certain mobs wear party hats.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.