Founder

Default +15/16/17 ability stat items

People say level 36 chests drop +16 stat items.
    I'm pretty sure I've got a +15 stat item from a level 34 chest.

Is it 34 -> +15
    36 -> +16
    38 -> +17

If that is the case maybe we can see +18 stat items when we get a loot boost event and level 40 loot?

Does this fit people's experiences?

Make bards +2 stat bonuses look like a joke.
    Sometimes I pull one out just to watch it die over and over. That's how much I hate hires.

Community Member

I sort of got the impression that those highest chest levels just had a better chance of giving the top end of the ranges, rather than increasing them.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    I sort of got the impression that those highest chest levels just had a better chance of giving the top end of the ranges, rather than increasing them.

Same, seems to be case to me, I play often on a character that increases loot lvls.
    When someone ignorant or prejudiced gives their honest opinion that opinion is of no greater value.

Community Member

Default oh yeah

I should add that each attribute is semi random, but I believe all are affected by loot lvl increases, so chances of dual 16s or even dual 16s with a hidden attributes maxed are increased.

Saw a 16dex 16str item drop a couple weeks ago.
    When someone ignorant or prejudiced gives their honest opinion that opinion is of no greater value.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Same, seems to be case to me, I play often on a character that increases loot lvls.
    Any evidence to back that up?

Before reaching conclusions I think what people should do is take note of the following things for each item:
    1. What is the ability score bonus
    2. Is the item marked as masterfully crafted?
    3. What is the level of the quest (+0 for normal, +1 for hard, +2 for elite)
    4. What are the loot boosts running at the time (+1 from ship buffs, +1 from chest blessing, +2 from jewels, +2 from ddo bonus days)

That should clearly prove or disprove any theories.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Quote Originally Posted by Faltout View Post
    Any evidence to back that up?

Before reaching conclusions I think what people should do is take note of the following things for each item:
    1. What is the ability score bonus
    2. Is the item marked as masterfully crafted?
    3. What is the level of the quest (+0 for normal, +1 for hard, +2 for elite)
    4. What are the loot boosts running at the time (+1 from ship buffs, +1 from chest blessing, +2 from jewels, +2 from ddo bonus days)

That should clearly prove or disprove any theories.
    A theory that +17 items drop very rarely cannot be disproven though. It will become less likely as time goes by and none drop but thats the best you can do. Nomatter how large a negative sample it still only takes one positive result.

"Black swans" are a classical example.

I hope +16 is the maximum.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    A theory that +17 items drop very rarely cannot be disproven though. It will become less likely as time goes by and none drop but thats the best you can do. Nomatter how large a negative sample it still only takes one positive result.

"Black swans" are a classical example.

I hope +16 is the maximum.
    I think +17 items have been reported.
    As for the rarity, it can be compared to the rarity of +6 items at level 11. Once you figure out the ability score range increase per level, it's easy to create a model for the levels you don't have such a large sample size and compare the small sample you have to your model to see if it fits.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Founder

A lot of +16 items have been reported at level 36 though, which makes me think it is a cutoff. That is why I'm curious to know what chest level the +17s have been found at.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    A lot of +16 items have been reported at level 36 though, which makes me think it is a cutoff. That is why I'm curious to know what chest level the +17s have been found at.
    I don't understand what do you mean by a "cutoff".
    Each chest level has a range of power.
    For example level 11 chests can drop +3 to +5 ability score bonuses. Level 21 chests can drop +8 to +10 bonuses.
    Level 36 may be dropping +14 to +16. Level 39 may be dropping +15 to +17.

And don't forget about the lucky power ranges. A lucky item at level 11 can go up to +6. A lucky item at level 21 can go up to +11.

While I'm sure about the level 11 chests and the level 21 chests, above level 21 the power curve is a little different. So I'm still trying to gather info and compose a model.

Founder

I don't understand what do you mean by a "cutoff".
    Each chest level has a range of power.
    For example level 11 chests can drop +3 to +5 ability score bonuses. Level 21 chests can drop +8 to +10 bonuses.
    Level 36 may be dropping +14 to +16. Level 39 may be dropping +15 to +17.

And don't forget about the lucky power ranges. A lucky item at level 11 can go up to +6. A lucky item at level 21 can go up to +11.

While I'm sure about the level 11 chests and the level 21 chests, above level 21 the power curve is a little different. So I'm still trying to gather info and compose a model.
    By cutoff I mean no level 36 = no +16.
    You are right though maybe a wondrous item in a level 35 chest might work.
    Running with elixirs I have noticed zero wondrous items except for static random drops (wheloon, etc).

By knowing the cutoff you know what content you need to run to find +x items.
    Last edited by maddong; 06-13-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Community Member

I found a +17 int goggle and 1 other in my guild got +17 dex boots. That was both in a TS on a loot weekend with +2 loot pots running.(on Thelanis)

I think to get +17 you need a loot weekend.

34(Elite TS) +2(Loot gem) +2(+2 loot weekend) +1(ship buffs) = loot level 39

With the treasure mark of finding you might get to 40.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    By cutoff I mean no level 36 = no +16.
    You are right though maybe a wondrous item in a level 35 chest might work.
    Running with elixirs I have noticed zero wondrous items except for static random drops (wheloon, etc).

By knowing the cutoff you know what content you need to run to find +x items.
    Ok, now I get what you mean. And yes, of course there is a cutoff. The power possible is not infinite. There's not a 0.0000001% chance to get a +100 ability score item in a level 1 chest.

As for wondrous item, those do not exist in valid new random loot. They are a remnant of the old loot mechanic (and they are currently bugging the new one). The lucky items are the masterful craftsmanship ones. It means that at least one effect is in the lucky range (take note that the lucky range overlaps with the normal range so it's possible to find a non-lucky value higher than a lucky value).

Community Member

Ok, now I get what you mean. And yes, of course there is a cutoff. The power possible is not infinite. There's not a 0.0000001% chance to get a +100 ability score item in a level 1 chest.
    Side note. I kind of wish they had designed the current system to see a 0.00000001% chance of getting a +20 stat item in high level chests.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Eldried View Post
    I found a +17 int goggle and 1 other in my guild got +17 dex boots. That was both in a TS on a loot weekend with +2 loot pots running.(on Thelanis)

I think to get +17 you need a loot weekend.

34(Elite TS) +2(Loot gem) +2(+2 loot weekend) +1(ship buffs) = loot level 39

With the treasure mark of finding you might get to 40.
    So they did fix the loot in one of those lag fix updates prior to update 31 then (I think the last +2 loot event was prior to update 31, right?)?

So it is totally possible without a loot weekend then:
    34 + 2 gem + 1 ship + 1 chest bless + 1 map = loot level 39

What is the lowest level chest someone has gotten a +15 item in?
    Is it level 30 for +14, level 33 for +15, level 36 for +16, level 39 for +17 (symmetrical)?