Founder

Default +16 stat items... anyone know min chest level?

I saw +16 stat items on the shard exchange. Has anyone picked one up and know what level the chest was?

I'm guessing it is 37, 38, or 39 loot since we never saw them with a +2 loot event (and a LE raid would be giving level 36 loot on end reward before the chest cap was fixed)....

Has anyone seen a +8 insightful stat item?

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    I saw +16 stat items on the shard exchange. Has anyone picked one up and know what level the chest was?

I'm guessing it is 37, 38, or 39 loot since we never saw them with a +2 loot event (and a LE raid would be giving level 36 loot on end reward before the chest cap was fixed)....

I have seen a +16 stat item in a Legendary Hard Codex and the Shroud run, it also had insightful stat on it. Don't recall how much but I do remember it seemed to be better than the LGS weapon. I remember being jealous hehehe.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

According to Update 29 Release Notes, treasure tables go up to chest level 40.
    Max quest at this moment is 33, max raid level is 34.
    You can boost this another 5 levels yourself (dragonmark, jewel, piratemap and guild).
    With a special event this can be boosted by Turbine for another +1 or +2. (I don't remember it being higher then that.)

But to get that +16 you need to roll high on your loot and that's where Treasure Hunter's Elixers (max +15 on your rolls) and that new type of event (last one was +10 on your rolls).
    So a total of +25 on your rolls will make it more likely you actually pull a nice stat boost item.

Community Member

i did loot +16 items couple times EH/EE raids or EE quests i had +2 loot gem and +1 guild bonus to loot nothing else and first one was looted in EH Shroud

Community Member

Default Power Creep Anyone?

During this last guild renown weekend, while doing the heroic "Pirates Sage" on a low level toon, I pulled a +11 stat item as a reward option from one of the Stormreach Sentinels quest. The item was Con.+5, Dex.+4, Ins.Con.+2, pulled from a Level 7 quest completed on heroic elite. Even more mind boggling: the ML for the item was Level 10. That's right! The total stat boost exceeded the ML for the item. And it wasn't even a Masterwork item. (As far as I can tell, Masterwork status is mostly meaningless these days.)

There are some who consider this proof positive that the new random loot system is just fine. Seriously?

I consider this another sign of just how messed up is the new random loot system. Epic stats for heroic levels? Vorpal for Korthos? For shame!

I was under the impression maximum chest level is bugged at 33? So it is all on your treasure hunter elixir potion and pure luck.
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by GregorianPL View Post
    i did loot +16 items couple times EH/EE raids or EE quests i had +2 loot gem and +1 guild bonus to loot nothing else and first one was looted in EH Shroud
    So that means level 36 loot can drop the +16 stat items. That seems like a change because before with the +2 loot event no +16 stat items were obtained from end rewards (EE raid end reward with +2 loot event makes level 36 loot).

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    I was under the impression maximum chest level is bugged at 33? So it is all on your treasure hunter elixir potion and pure luck.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...s-Useful-Again

It seems to me that when they fixed chest loot to go over level 33 they also enabled the +16 stat items, perhaps at level 36 loot.

Community Member

Not sure if this is minimum but LH:Shroud

Using:

+2 loot gem
    +1 ship
    +15 treasure hunters pot

=> Got me +16 Con Stat item
    => Also got a +17 Dazing/Stun-DC item, not sure tho if it counts as a +17 or just a +16 stat tier.

Also pulled +15 Int from EE Grim and Barrett chain's end reward list, so probably has to be higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Not sure if this is minimum but LH:Shroud

Using:

+2 loot gem
    +1 ship
    +15 treasure hunters pot

=> Got me +16 Con Stat item
    => Also got a +17 Dazing/Stun-DC item, not sure tho if it counts as a +17 or just a +16 stat tier.

Also pulled +15 Int from EE Grim and Barrett chain's end reward list, so probably has to be higher than that.
    That sounds like level 36 chests are enough then. Could you post a screenshot of the +16 item? I am just curious.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Of course it had to accompany a semi useless effect. Everyone slots all-resistance at lvl 30.

Founder

Okay, something appears wrong. Running LN memoir and good intentions with a +2 jewel, +1 guild, +1 bless I am getting level 35 loot (appropriate).

Running LH search and rescue with the same bonuses I am getting level 35 loot.

Does anyone have a picture of their +16 ability item (level 36 chest) in the chest with the plat/gold next to it?

Do non raids cap at level 35 loot?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andu_Indorin View Post
    During this last guild renown weekend, while doing the heroic "Pirates Sage" on a low level toon, I pulled a +11 stat item as a reward option from one of the Stormreach Sentinels quest. The item was Con.+5, Dex.+4, Ins.Con.+2, pulled from a Level 7 quest completed on heroic elite. Even more mind boggling: the ML for the item was Level 10. That's right! The total stat boost exceeded the ML for the item. And it wasn't even a Masterwork item. (As far as I can tell, Masterwork status is mostly meaningless these days.)

There are some who consider this proof positive that the new random loot system is just fine. Seriously?

I consider this another sign of just how messed up is the new random loot system. Epic stats for heroic levels? Vorpal for Korthos? For shame!
    That's a +5/+4 double stat item with a bonus effect. +5 is about right for ML 10, while +4 is a bit low.

As far as the new loot system, I rather like that it doesn't add the value of effects together, but rather gives effects that are all in the range that level content is balanced around. As far as vorpals for Khorthos goes, what difference does it make if a vorpal kills the mob or the damage from the crit?