Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My dwarf barbarian doesn't have magic, so brute force would have to do. He could pry off the hatch like a can opener with his axe, get in there, and stop it that way. He would emerge victorious.
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Default Tanks are ill-equipped to deal with a Warlock

The encounter goes pretty much the same as against an archer, but Tanks can't swivel very quickly and have a very low fire rate so dodging their projectiles isn't too tough. Displacement certainly helps if they manage to get a shell fired my way and it comes a smidge too close.

I Wing (Exalted Angel ability) my way out of the current line of fire and strafe my way closer to the tank, staying outside its tiny line of fire. When close enough I use my Eldritch Cone to sear the metal away from the occupants of the tank with incredible efficiency, quickly crippling the treads by liquefying the metal in one or two shots. In several shots (2 seconds), the tank's rotor to turn the cannon would be melted and inoperable, disabling the tank entirely. Its occupants, if foolish enough to open the hatch, would be killed instantly upon meeting the relentless shotgun-style blasts of pure light and acid energy. That's if I didn't want to hasten things along and use attacks like Divine Wrath.

If entering the tank at that point was an option, I could use my Eldritch Blast and Burst to destroy the tank from within, but I'd be concerned with that Reactor that drives the machine and igniting the munitions with Light damage, so would prefer to use the Eldritch Cone attack instead and keep my distance. Besides, the occupants have Intel I would benefit from. Killing them is not the best choice.

I have Power Word Kill, Finger of Death and Phantasmal Killer at my disposal but I'd rather Create Thrall on the tank's driver so I could extract tactical information from him. Then I leave the crippled hulk of metal, armed with the tactical knowledge, and lay siege to the enemy force. I could easily take on an army. My massive Charisma score allows me to use Bluff, Diplomacy and Intimidate to disrupt the army I come against, then I rip them apart from within, taking Thralls of the officers and killing those I don't need until they unconditionally surrender and become my vassals.

Much later into the conflict, I take advantage of the fact that I float and skim along the surface of the Ocean to take on ships with strafing attacks along the hulls to melt a massive hole in the side of each vessel as I use speed and strafing to my advantage. Ships don't expect a small, fast and extremely powerful target the size of a person that appears displaced, so the turrets have a hard time. I would worry about Phalanx cannons on the Carriers though, but they are attuned to firing at air targets so I could swim under their influence to the side of a carrier and melt the underside with great speed as to see the carrier rather quickly heave and sink. I would have a bit of trouble against Jets and the like unless I employ my vassals and thralls to help.
    Last edited by GlassCannon; 05-25-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

NOTE: There will be no DDO Chronicle next week. See you back in two weeks!
    my main would use improved invisibility and then sneak on top of the military tank's hatch; use a bell of opening from the DDO store and then sneak inside with a quick succession of circle of death, Evard's black tentacles, wail of the banshee and energy burst, spirit burst on the crew.

Main wins and then drives the free military tank.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Cool

Well, since Bogenbroom's ability to charm the tank is probably non-existent, hell have to teleport away. I call it a draw.
    Bogenbroom's legion... 102 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

My main IS a 'heavily-armored military tank'.

Default Kury vs Tank.

Simple enough. My main is a Druid. He goes into wolf form since military orders prevent firing at the wildlife since it is a waste of ammo. Once beside the tank, he pulls the fire extinguisher and then finishes them off when they try to escape the tank (earthquake, ice storm, thunderstorm, etc.). Or he could just cast a firewall on top of it from a distance.
    Any Port in a storm... But why one with so many vermin?

Community Member LucasMacKinnon's Avatar

If I was on my bard, I would use I visibility, then use my fascinate to make the tank operators stop what they are dong, then use song of suggestion to make them do my bidding before killing each other. If on my wizard I would freeze the tracks of the tank and cripple it, then use acid cloud. After acid cloud I would use Invisibility and watch everything be destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by Maquist View Post
    After a brief discussion, Aberrus and the tank came to realize that they shared similar goals, and a compatible outlook. Thus they teamed up.
    I'm afraid the humans inside wouldn't follow the Lord of Blades with you and the tank. What would you do with them?

I roll vs insanity. Got an 18. Still ok.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

It's your main against a heavily-armored military tank...who wins and how?

As in an M1 Abrams?

No contest. I lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXe5Me93oQc

The Abrams will detect me before I could even see it, range is around 2 miles.

For fun, Monty Python Ministry of Silly Walks was involved with this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnCvrDwHIiY
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Smile Tank vs. Tank

My main, Sklarr would win. He can self heal many different ways and the military tank can't. But, OMG, what a long battle it would be!

Is there a perch nearby? If so, I win. I will hang out there for hours plink, plinking that tank.
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Community Member

My main is a Tank!!!

Community Member

my monster rogue (12 rog/6 rng/ 2 ftr) would easily win due to high max dex, hence high dodge cap and of course due to armor piercing!

Community Member

Depends on the tank's build, I suppose?

Community Member

I would just have a rogue mechanic create an anti-tank mine.... boom

Got him using sneak attack... He forgot to protect his neck...
    Khyber: Nimrud (main), Tadko (tank), Yayamee (monk), Healingonly (melee FvS), Almeya (trapper), Groggor (barb), Feneya (archer), Zornix (archer) and some others
    Hardcore season 1: AveDarkLord (favor leaderboards)
    Hardcore season 5: Dont Wanna Die (favor leaderboards)

Community Member

My main is on a ranged life right now so he wins by kiting the tank until it runs out of ammo and gas (this is a real world tank without infinite mana, right?).

My main (Aelonwy) is a light canon cleric, so uhm yeah... I think the tank would probably win 'cause you know... tanks likely don't take light damage and she can heal a lot of things but being blasted and crushed by a tank probably isn't one of them. Also I love my main but she's years behind in class balance. YEARS.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

The heavily-armored military tank would win, because we always try epic elite first.

After a few defeats and wipes, my main bard character would adopt a piking strategy, whistling Music of the Makers while the rest of the party actually takes it down.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast