Thread: Favor

Default Favor

I have been around since the beginning. I was involved in the beta testing of both DDO and FTP. I realize a lot of you have already run into this issue. However, I play around my family's schedule and play ddo almost exclusively, with my husband. Saying all this, I was appalled by the reward you get for hitting 400 favor from the coin lords. Seriously, +2 to diplomacy and bluff. That was a kick in the face as far as I am concerned. You have put in many, many hours to get to that plateau and to get something so mundane is unfathomable. I miss the original ddo and what it stood for. Now, in order to get ahead, you need to pay cash for it. I did, $60 ten years agao plus many many years of being a vip. I am done now. I hope that one day you revamp some of the favor system to give out rewards that are earned.

Community Member

The mind, it is boggled.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistresssa1 View Post
    I have been around since the beginning. I was involved in the beta testing of both DDO and FTP. I realize a lot of you have already run into this issue. However, I play around my family's schedule and play ddo almost exclusively, with my husband. Saying all this, I was appalled by the reward you get for hitting 400 favor from the coin lords. Seriously, +2 to diplomacy and bluff. That was a kick in the face as far as I am concerned. You have put in many, many hours to get to that plateau and to get something so mundane is unfathomable. I miss the original ddo and what it stood for. Now, in order to get ahead, you need to pay cash for it. I did, $60 ten years agao plus many many years of being a vip. I am done now. I hope that one day you revamp some of the favor system to give out rewards that are earned.
    So the two extra bags of inventory space wasnt enough of a reward for you from the previous tiers? Besides there is other favor rewards that dont give anything. The coin lords is a bit outdated yes, but atleast it gives something compared to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    So the two extra bags of inventory space wasnt enough of a reward for you from the previous tiers? Besides there is other favor rewards that dont give anything. The coin lords is a bit outdated yes, but atleast it gives something compared to others.
    I think perhaps they not unreasonably thought, given the two previous rewards, that there was going to be another bag space option. A quick check of the wiki would have covered what you get at what level though.

I do agree though the 400 favour reward for coin lords is in fact completely pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.