Community Member

Default Power surge question

Anyone who has power surge, is this action buff basically 100% uptime (assuming number of action buffs or less minutes between shrines)?
    Or is there more subtlety to it?

It's basically 100% uptime, assuming you have enough boosts to get you between shrines.
    Quote Originally Posted by vyvy3369 View Post
    "Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.
    - Henry Jones, Sarlona
    All done with Completionist (again) and Epic Completionist. First character to 30 on Sarlona* (before the rollback).

yes and with LD "Action Hero" it now recharges at 48 seconds

and with PDK/Human "Action Surge" you can make it a perma +11 str and +11 con

that is with 16 action boost uses for a pure 20 Fighter
    perma +11 str/con makes you feel like a barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Phil7 View Post
    perma +11 str/con makes you feel like a barbarian
    Except you have to remember to push the button.

I very much dislike MULTIPLE short boosts on my character. I have gotten used to haste boost and sprint boost, but 1 minute boosts like Power Surge or Death Frenzy or hitting Quick Strike every 12 seconds on an Acrobat build can drive me crazy.

2+ minutes is where I like my boosts... Anything below that can be annoying. But that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post

I very much dislike MULTIPLE short boosts on my character. I have gotten used to haste boost and sprint boost, but 1 minute boosts like Power Surge or Death Frenzy or hitting Quick Strike every 12 seconds on an Acrobat build can drive me crazy.

2+ minutes is where I like my boosts... Anything below that can be annoying. But that's just me.

You commit it to muscle memory surprisingly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post

I have to disagree as it's the 20 second boosts like Haste Boost that I hate!

Power Surge maybe short at a minute but at least it's that long!

We only get so many Action Boosts and keeping up Haste Boost or Dmg Boost is a pain in the proverbial {Saves, Skills work because these are niche boosts needed maybe once or twice a quest except in quests with lots of traps.}.

Power Surge however I can hit once every minute or so {If it runs out and I'm not in combat I'll hit it again when moving into the next combat rather than immediately.}.

You can have tons of action boosts on a fighter:
    5 base
    3 fighter
    3 LD
    1 ship
    1 reinvigoration
    4 capstone

That's 17 boosts alone. Add in reinvigoration which gives back one boost every 100 seconds and you can go for longer than there's any period between shrines in DDO.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

5 base
    3 fighter
    3 LD
    1 ship
    1 reinvigoration
    4 capstone

That's 17 boosts alone. Add in reinvigoration which gives back one boost every 100 seconds and you can go for longer than there's any period between shrines in DDO.
    Why would you waste points in LD on Extra Action Boosts {other than just the one to get to Tier 2}?

5 base
    3 fighter
    3 LD
    1 ship
    1 reinvigoration
    4 capstone

Forgot veriks necklace for Xtra 2. Always keep that on before shrine and swap out after using 2 boosts.
    Khyber IN BAD COMPANY Longand Drunkmage Sexyheals Fullforce

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Why would you waste points in LD on Extra Action Boosts {other than just the one to get to Tier 2}?
    Why wouldn't you? It's 2 points Xtra right at first tier and for long quests with no shrines like doj CitW and some parts of shroud or if you really don't want to slow for shining. I build no melee that basically aren't permanent haste boosted.
    Khyber IN BAD COMPANY Longand Drunkmage Sexyheals Fullforce

Quote Originally Posted by count_spicoli View Post
    Forgot veriks necklace for Xtra 2. Always keep that on before shrine and swap out after using 2 boosts.
    Oh right. It doesn't stack with reinvigoration though, so it's only one more for the breakdown.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Community Member situationalWizzy's Avatar

Default Draconic Reinvigoration and Power Surge

5 base
    3 fighter
    3 LD
    1 ship
    1 reinvigoration
    4 capstone

Actually Draconic Reinvigoration doesn't recharge Power Surge, seems like a bug.
    It recharges my other action boosts but not Power Surge.