Community Member

Default PRR/MRR Scaling = Easy Solution?

We're designed to be able to take down mobs with tens/hundreds of thousands of hit points, so we're given enough damage to do so. Throw us in a PvP pit, and now a spell/melee attack that hits for 2-3k damage (which would be less than 1% of the HP of some end game bosses) is now hitting players for ~300-400% of their HP.

Soooo... why not just give all players in PvP zones something like 90-95% physical/magical damage reduction? Now, instead of everyone dying in 10 seconds, we can have ACTUAL PvP warzones, where everyone is capable of surviving for 5-10 minutes, stays alive long enough to be healed and continue fighting, and we're all basically equivalent to purple named bosses?

Am I crazy or would this make PvP insanely fun?

This interesting thought about PvP and the fact that the PvE abilities we have don't translate well.

In order to survive Physical attacks a player would need 250+ PRR just to reduce the damage to 1/2 their HP.

Now MRR is a little different. You can utilize Spell Absorption and if you are in a Bar Fight they will reset every 60 seconds.

Community Member

What I'm saying is how hard can it be to throw in the code to make it so that players in PvP areas either A) take 90-95% reduced damage, or B) gain the equivalent PRR/MRR to achieve the same result?

Community Member

You would also need 90%-95% less healing and negative healing and repair healing.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Quote Originally Posted by Magixxxx View Post
    We're designed to be able to take down mobs with tens/hundreds of thousands of hit points, so we're given enough damage to do so. Throw us in a PvP pit, and now a spell/melee attack that hits for 2-3k damage (which would be less than 1% of the HP of some end game bosses) is now hitting players for ~300-400% of their HP.

Soooo... why not just give all players in PvP zones something like 90-95% physical/magical damage reduction? Now, instead of everyone dying in 10 seconds, we can have ACTUAL PvP warzones, where everyone is capable of surviving for 5-10 minutes, stays alive long enough to be healed and continue fighting, and we're all basically equivalent to purple named bosses?

Am I crazy or would this make PvP insanely fun?
    I was hoping this was a thread on the insane prr/dr on the mummy in "search&rescue" oh well, there is a simple solution to your problem, deactivate the pvp funcion in the game, D&D is a pve game not pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

There are other factors which would need to be considered.

Example: The ability to go from 1% HP to 100% HP in the time it takes for one quickened spell to be cast would be OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)