Community Member RistoffDervish's Avatar

Default Orien Guild "Arcane Alliance" w/ All Buffs, Amenities, and Kraken Ship Now Recruiting

Starting a new thread so I can add the more comprehensive details about the guild to the top post. My edit feature has never worked in these forums or I would have just done that.

There are no requirements to be in the guild except for having fun, being polite, and helping out others if you can. We do not boot casual players from the guild. If real life or another game (god forbid!) takes your focus away from the game and you decide to come back later, your guild will be waiting for you. The only exception to this is if the guild is at full capacity and new members want to join, then the players who have not logged on for the longest period of time will have to go first.

Nobody is expected to pay platinum or Astral Shards to be a member, but if you feel you would like to contribute to the guild, donations are accepted in the harbor at the ship vendor near the guild ship portal. All donation go directly to upgrading the guild buffs (we have all the buffs already, but some need upgrading when the guild levels up or they ever add new buffs to fill the empty spots).

It is also expected, but not a rule, that guild renown be selected as end rewards. Unless there is a rare drop, named item, or a tome; don't select junk loot you'd just take to the vendor - there is plenty of platinum available from the higher level guild members who would be happy to give if you ask. Guild renown is what levels up the guild which lets us upgrade some of the buffs we have.

There are a couple of guild chests in the cargo hold and also a couple on the First Lower Deck. The items in here are available for anyone who can use them and anyone can put items in the chests they would like to share with the guild members. We try to keep useful items in here so please don't fill the chests with tumbling potions and healing kits. It should go without saying, but please don't loot the chests just to vendor it. Again, just ask a higher level character or officer for some platinum if you need it.

If you will be upset that someone takes an item from the chest then please do not put the item in there in the first place. Any item placed in the guild chests should be put in there with the expectation that someone will take it out. We are on the honor system that people will only take what they will use, but if something ends up on the auction house and there is suspicion that it came from a guild chest, there is not much I can or will do about it. This stuff happens and since I choose to keep my guild an open to everyone guild, I do it with the expectation that at least once a year some noob will empty all of the chests and vendor everything. I consider it part of the game and an acceptable risk in order to keep the guild accessible to all.

We don't care about language, however abusive, demeaning, or otherwise negative behavior is not tolerated in the guild and could result in expulsion if there are no efforts made to rectify the behavior in question. On the bright side, that hasn't ever happened in the many years Arcane Alliance has been on the Orien server.

You are welcome to have as many alternate characters in the guild as you want, and if your friends want to join just have them send Ristoff a tell or mail a request.

If you would like to become an officer, we could use all the help we can get to recruit more members. Our goal is to have enough players to run guild raids together.

Other than that, we are all here to have a good time with great people!

*The guild has reached full capacity, however there are many players who have not logged on in a long time so we are now in the process of only booting players who have been inactive for a very long time.

Update: We now have a Discord voice chat server set-up. This new service is totally free and easy to use (compared to the complexity of setting up a Teamspeak server). We also have a perma-link in our guild message of the day so all you need to do is download the free software and then follow the link to automatically join the Arcane Alliance, guild-wide voice chat service.
    Last edited by RistoffDervish; 12-18-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Ristoff is the leader of the Orien guild Arcane Alliance. Above is our airship "AA Krimson Kraken" with all the buffs and amenities.
    Send mail or a tell to Ristoff in-game and ask for an invitation. All players welcome!

Thanks for featuring our guild in the latest DDO Chronicles, Cordovan!

https://www.ddo.com/en/news/ddo-chronicle-issue-190

Ristoff is the leader of the Orien guild Arcane Alliance. Above is our airship "AA Krimson Kraken" with all the buffs and amenities.
    Send mail or a tell to Ristoff in-game and ask for an invitation. All players welcome!

Just hit level 75 and still recruiting.

Level 76 bump - still one of the most active on the server and still recruiting.

Level 77 and growing. Almost at 1/2 capacity now. Yesterday we were the most active guild on the server. Come join us!

Just got 78 and still open to new recruits.

Community Member

Default Can I become a member ?

Hey I was interested in joining your guild. I am new to the game and was hoping your guild could provide a great way to meet experienced gamers. My character's name is Blaqslayer Da Quick. If you have room for me please inform me and thank you for your time and effort. Also my gamer name is woofomg. Have a wonderful day

Quote Originally Posted by woofomg View Post
    Hey I was interested in joining your guild. I am new to the game and was hoping your guild could provide a great way to meet experienced gamers. My character's name is Blaqslayer Da Quick. If you have room for me please inform me and thank you for your time and effort. Also my gamer name is woofomg. Have a wonderful day
    Yes, we'd love to have you. Either check the "who" tab, sort by guild, and send tells to Arcane Alliance members to find an officer online or send a tell or in-game mail to Ristoff and I will reply with a guild invitation either live if yyou are online, or by mail if you are not.

Thanks for your interest and welcome to the best game on earth!

I have had a busy summer and spent most of my DDO time doing nothing but guild management and have neglected the forums as well. I just want to let everyone know we are still active and are 1/2 way through level 82 and steadily rising.

We are still recruiting if anyone wants to join up. Just email Ristoff in-game. Even though I have been sitting at the same level for over 6 weeks, I still log on every day to check my in-box and keep guild buffs up-to-date and such.

We look forward to seeing you in the game!

Community Member

im trying to find a new guild. the one i am currently a part of I joined because they sent me an invite, but it doesn't really have many active players, or social players.

are you still recruiting? if so

in game name
    Botioux

Quote Originally Posted by Poultrey_Wolf View Post
    im trying to find a new guild. the one i am currently a part of I joined because they sent me an invite, but it doesn't really have many active players, or social players.

are you still recruiting? if so

in game name
    Botioux
    I sent you an invitation if you are still looking to join.

We just hit level 84 and are still active and recruiting. All players welcome!

Level 87 and still rising. Come join us and have some fun with a great group of players.

Level 89 bump. Still hiring adventurers of all kinds.

Just hit level 90 and still going!

Default Update - New Guild Leader - Please Welcome Ultimaxx

Ultimaxx has graciously taken the position as guild leader. His devotion and contribution to Arcane Alliance leave no doubt that he is the right man for the job. Please congratulate him on his new promotion.

We have also just hit level 96 and continue to grow.

I will still be in the guild and will be on to check mail for guild invitation requests and what-not, but you will likely get a faster response sending requests to Ultimaxx for the time being.