Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Minor update to YourDDO

Heya DDO'ers,

So I've pushed a new update to YourDDO to the live server. The only noticeable change that you will be seeing is I have added a TOEE Weapon Crafting Planner at the request of a friend. Now you might be asking yourself, "But Ague, why only weapons from TOEE? There's armor in there too..." Well, short answer is that armors only have 2 tiers up upgrades... The first tier and the mythic upgrade... So I didn't really see the need to spend time on something that has only one real upgrade to it, as opposed to 2 upgrades like on the weapons.

Secondly, I've updated the "Links" section and changed it to "Community" with several shiny new links to some well loved fansites and blogs. (Side note: If you own a fansite and would like a link on YourDDO, send me a PM here.)

Other than that, just made a few behind the scenes technical upgrades to make the pages load faster and with less data (good for you mobile users!)

But anyways, that's it for this update. I've been working on some other things, but my development has been slowed by RL stuff and lag generally making me play less. But mostly RL stuff.

~~Ague

Oh, almost forgot... A per the good peeps in the DDO Reddit, they were talking about seeing number of logins. Well, since the Server Status already pulls that information in the query, I've placed a small blue question mark next to each server that shows the number of logins since the last server restart (at least I believe it is since the last restart. I won't know for sure until the next downtime). BUt anyways, I hope that this helps those that are always curious about login numbers and such.
    Last edited by Ague; 05-10-2016 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ague View Post
    Oh, almost forgot... A per the good peeps in the DDO Reddit, they were talking about seeing number of logins. Well, since the Server Status already pulls that information in the query, I've placed a small blue question mark next to each server that shows the number of logins since the last server restart (at least I believe it is since the last restart. I won't know for sure until the next downtime). BUt anyways, I hope that this helps those that are always curious about login numbers and such. If there's enough interest, I could log the number of logins and make some sort of tracker kind of like how DDOracle used to do. But that is where feedback is needed. I don't want to waste a bunch of time on something that isn't all that desired...
    That small blue question mark is unclickable and there's no number.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    That small blue question mark is unclickable and there's no number.
    It did for me. Hover over the question mark for a second or so, and the text pops up in a window.

Quote Originally Posted by Greantun View Post
    It did for me. Hover over the question mark for a second or so, and the text pops up in a window.
    TY

Current Server Ranking then =

Orien 1304
    Argo 1111
    Ghallanda 1037
    Cannith 893
    Khyber 887
    Sarlona 839
    Thelanis 808
    Wayfinder 342

P.S. Today's my Gold Roll day so I'll be logging on to them all in the next hr or so.

those logins will be a 'grand total' from server restarts?
    I know lots of players would be curious of a DDO-Oracle type analysis to understand game health. Logins do not mean revenue etc but certainly are one indication. It would need to do it monthly or something.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    those logins will be a 'grand total' from server restarts?
    I know lots of players would be curious of a DDO-Oracle type analysis to understand game health. Logins do not mean revenue etc but certainly are one indication. It would need to do it monthly or something.
    I'm going to provide a running daily count from YourDDO in this thread if no-one else beats me to it!

I'm going to provide a running daily count from YourDDO in this thread if no-one else beats me to it!
    well, if it is automated, it can save you a lot if trouble
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

TY

Orien 1304
    Argo 1111
    Ghallanda 1037
    Cannith 893
    Khyber 887
    Sarlona 839
    Thelanis 808
    Wayfinder 342

P.S. Today's my Gold Roll day so I'll be logging on to them all in the next hr or so.
    That's a lot of locked loading screens.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    That's a lot of locked loading screens.
    Oh probably half of all those log ins are double log ins when you count up DCs, Alting, Long AFKs/Auto Log offs etc.

It would be informative to have data on median time logged in per login.
    Last edited by CaptainPurge; 04-20-2016 at 05:08 PM. Reason: lol

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    those logins will be a 'grand total' from server restarts?I know lots of players would be curious of a DDO-Oracle type analysis to understand game health. Logins do not mean revenue etc but certainly are one indication. It would need to do it monthly or something.
    the plan is to have oracle-esque data, but I won't be doing it for a couple weeks-ish... I need time to accumulate enough data to be relevant... right now, I'm logging data every 5 minutes so I have stuff to work with to create graphs and such, but tomorrow I'll be lowering it to every 30 minutes and eventually down to every hour.
    that may not be needed for the long term, as that is one stats that I'm planning on having on the site...
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPurge View Post
    It would be informative to have data on median time logged in per login.
    sadly, I don't have access to that kind of data... I can only see how many people have logged in to date since the last server restart...

the plan is to have oracle-esque data, but I won't be doing it for a couple weeks-ish... I need time to accumulate enough data to be relevant... right now, I'm logging data every 5 minutes so I have stuff to work with to create graphs and such, but tomorrow I'll be lowering it to every 30 minutes and eventually down to every hour.that may not be needed for the long term, as that is one stats that I'm planning on having on the site... sadly, I don't have access to that kind of data... I can only see how many people have logged in to date since the last server restart...
    I'm glad someone is finally doing this again since it seems the Oracle is now dead.

It will be good to have actual numbers available to us again.

I'm glad someone is finally doing this again since it seems the Oracle is now dead.

If I had known that the Oracle was dead or dying, I would have done this sooner...
    Last edited by Ague; 04-20-2016 at 08:29 PM. Reason: grammar

this. Thanks!

Ague, YourDDO is awesome, firstly.

Secondly, is there a way to see the inventory of all toons on an account, by server? This is something that's been a pain in the butt since I started playing, logging into 15 different toons to find a piece of gear...ugh....

Quote Originally Posted by icekinslayer View Post
    Ague, YourDDO is awesome, firstly.Secondly, is there a way to see the inventory of all toons on an account, by server? This is something that's been a pain in the butt since I started playing, logging into 15 different toons to find a piece of gear...ugh....
    Once upon a time, when DDO had an active API, it was possible to see a character's currently equipped gear... but the API is dead and has been dead for 3-ish years... however, even when the API was active, it was never possible to see a character's inventory or bank items... it would be nice, but I highly doubt it will ever be added functionality again... especially with all the lag concerns going on...

TY

Orien 1304
    Argo 1111
    Ghallanda 1037
    Cannith 893
    Khyber 887
    Sarlona 839
    Thelanis 808
    Wayfinder 342

Guessing there's been another server restart today because these are the numbers now:

Orien 497
    G-Land 468
    Argo 463
    Khyber 398
    Cannith 375
    Sarlona 365
    Thelanis 365
    Wayfinder 139

Guessing there's been another server restart today because these are the numbers now:Orien 497G-Land 468Argo 463Khyber 398Cannith 375Sarlona 365Thelanis 365Wayfinder 139
    yeah, there was downtime from 1-3pm est

yeah, there was downtime from 1-3pm est
    Second rundown then having given it a few hours since the restart this time:

Orien 3,009
    Argo 2,334
    Sarlona 2,077
    G-Land 2,066
    Khyber 2,001
    Cannith 1,935
    Thelanis 1,912
    Wayfinder 788

The big surprise here is that Orien seems to have held on to it's newbies from it's time as the Default quite well as opposed to it's previous attempts and that Argo is a long way behind despite now holding the Default.

I'd definitely advise Thelanis as the next Default after Argo though if these numbers hold out.

And Edited at 10.33 GMT on the 22nd:

Orien 6,064
    Argo 4,610
    Sarlona 4,209
    Khyber 4,061
    G-Land 3,984
    Thelanis 3,840
    Cannith 3,679
    Wayfinder 1,457

Well Cannith's predominantly a European Server so not all that surprising it's dropped off overnight {so as G-Land which is another predominantly Euro Server}.

The big surprise here is that Wayfinder seems to actually have a nighttime population now rather than just Euro Evenings - Almost doubled it's numbers from Euro midnight to 10am on a weekday.

Still really think Thelanis needs the Default next with maybe Cannith again afterwards and then Khyber as the only Server {well it and Thelanis currently} not to have the Default since Wayfinder was introduced should probably get it's turn.
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 04-22-2016 at 04:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast