Default What's with the constant no blue bar loading screen crashes?

the past couple of days I've been DCd off loading screens no fewer than 5 times!

No blue bar for minutes on end then DC!

VoN3 Pt 1 entering.
    The Harbour entering from ship pretty much straight after logging on and buffing up!
    Exiting Beyond the Rift after completion to E-Star.
    Exiting An Offering of Blood {Yeah Yeah - Sands Slayer....The only surprise here is that I ran Wiz King twice and OoB before this happened!}.
    And at least once more that I can't recall the specifics of!

I'm not the only one either!

At least 3 people joined my EH/EN VoN 4 yesterday only to then DC on loading in to House K!
    One other person DCd exiting Beyond the Rift at the same time as me - He used voice chat to state he was stuck on loading screen before I DCd.

Many more people have been complaining about these Loading Screen issues in Chat after logging back on from the seemingly constant DCs!

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    the past couple of days I've been DCd off loading screens no fewer than 5 times!

No blue bar for minutes on end then DC!

VoN3 Pt 1 entering.
    The Harbour entering from ship pretty much straight after logging on and buffing up!
    Exiting Beyond the Rift after completion to E-Star.
    Exiting An Offering of Blood {Yeah Yeah - Sands Slayer....The only surprise here is that I ran Wiz King twice and OoB before this happened!}.
    And at least once more that I can't recall the specifics of!

I'm not the only one either!

At least 3 people joined my EH/EN VoN 4 yesterday only to then DC on loading in to House K!
    One other person DCd exiting Beyond the Rift at the same time as me - He used voice chat to state he was stuck on loading screen before I DCd.

Many more people have been complaining about these Loading Screen issues in Chat after logging back on from the seemingly constant DCs!
    I had my first one yesterday. I logged into my main and then I logged into my alt account. My alt never went anywhere on the loading screen and the blue bar stayed empty and had 0.000 on Sarlona. After a few minutes I got connection to server was lost and DDO closed/crashed to desktop.

Never had that before. Re-logged and it was fine other than we had really bad lag in CiTW on EH and it was crushing and party killing in EH Hound. All PST.

Currently stuck on loading screen, cleaning up old connections. As if the lag wasn't bad enough, now it's almost like these guys are trying to drive away players on purpose. They make it very hard to enjoy this game.

I figure it's like Netflix asking me if I'm still watching something....

But maybe a touch less user-friendly.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default :d

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I figure it's like Netflix asking me if I'm still watching something....

But maybe a touch less user-friendly.
    I still tried to click on it

Now that the survivors of The Great Raidlag of 2016 have built up tolerance to lag, it was time to insert a new super annoying mechanic into the game. Get used to ALT+F4. Multiple loading screen fails for me tonight as well.

The worst was just right now. I had locked up in Harbor using the airship portal, and had to ALT+F4. Then I reloaded the client, zoned into Harbor, tried hitting the airship again and IMMEDIATELY ANOTHER LOAD SCREEN LOCKUP...First time I've locked up immediately after restarting the client. Good thing I have 24 hours and 38 minutes left on my 78 month sub. Won't be missed.

edit: I think avoiding Harbor will help. Although it sucks we will be listing ways to avoid this just like we are trying to list ways to "avoid lag"....it's like military intelligence.
    Last edited by CaptainPurge; 04-19-2016 at 10:41 PM.