Community Member

Default ziggys grizzylock

main idea is to run in bear form, dire bear of course, have a high prr and some ability to negate damage and use some bastard swords and a shield

3 fighter for defender stance and some saves and the hp or con bonus, heavy armor feats and tower shield feat if i ever score a wodden or gem tower shield to use

5 warlock for shining through, displacement and beacon and most aps are in the ES tree as well

12 druid for bear form and some self healing stuff because i want to be a bear

i borrow heavily from my experience running the following build - https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...lock-3-Paladin

this is totally a flavor fun build, i dont plan to solo ee's anytime soon, i have some cool gear like a collection of bastard swords, and my bone and wood and darkwood shields and armors

i was able to smash through a fresh tr @ level 15 on the archons chain and take all those acid blasts and hardly get damage with blur displace and a ghostly cloak on also with my prr at 109 and mrr was at 63

heres my plan for this bearlock life, any input is appreciated. i dont want to explain too much more, yall will get it

Grizzlypants
    12/5/3 Druid/Warlock/Fighter
    Neutral Good Purple Dragon Knight

Level Order

1. Fighter 6. Warlock 11. Druid 16. Druid
    2. Warlock 7. Druid 12. Druid 17. Druid
    3. Warlock 8. Druid 13. Druid 18. Druid
    4. Warlock 9. Druid 14. Fighter 19. Druid
    5. Warlock 10. Druid 15. Fighter 20. Druid

Stats
    36pt Tome Level Up
    ---- ---- --------
    Strength 18 +2 4: STR
    Dexterity 8 +2 8: STR
    Constitution 16 +2 12: STR
    Intelligence 8 +2 16: STR
    Wisdom 16 +2 20: STR
    Charisma 8 +2 24: STR
    28: STR

Feats

1 : Shield Mastery
    1 PDK : Power Attack
    1 Fighter: Exotic Weapon: Bastard Sword
    2 Warlock: Pact: Fey
    3 : Cleave
    6 : Great Cleave
    8 Druid : Wild Shape 1: Bear
    9 : Empower Healing Spell
    11 Druid : Wild Shape 1: Wolf
    12 : Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
    14 Fighter: Improved Shield Mastery
    15 : Quicken Spell
    16 Druid : Wild Shape 2: Dire Bear
    18 : Natural Fighting
    19 Druid : Wild Shape 2: Winter Wolf
    21 Epic : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic : Natural Fighting
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic : Epic Damage Reduction
    28 Destiny: Elusive Target
    29 Destiny: Wind through the Trees
    30 Epic : Natural Fighting
    30 Legend : Scion of: Arborea

Firstly I noticed that you plan to use bastard swords- I'm not sure if you are aware of weapons and wapon's effects in animal form?
    In animal form, base damage rating is "fixed" by your form. In bear form, it will be 1d12. No matter if your weapon have some other, say 3d4 base damage, you will have always 1d12.

Basically, this is good thing, because you can equip dagger and it's base damage will be higher. Any wapon effect (such as flaming, vorpal and so) is valid in animal form.

In other word, if you don't have any particular bastard sword on mind, using feat for bastard swords is waste (i saw you said that you have good collection, but reconsider this).

Other feats seems Ok for me.

Be aware that in bear form attack speed is low, you'll need boosts from either spells or aura or so (haven't played warlock, so don't know how good it is with 5 lvls of warlock).

With only 12 lvls of druidI assume that you will never use your pet- it would be only burden for you...

Community Member

right im aware of the base damage issue

the bastard swords are mostly ones with effects, the wheloon chain one with 10% doublestrike is nice, Prysuul's Bane is good for the dr breaking, same with templars retribution which i have an epic version of too and my favorite Epic Spinal Tap. i also THINK im getting glancing blows since im sword and board with a bastard sword. i see the glances go off so i assume its working in animal form

the attack speed is something i have dealt with for a few lives. credits to unbongwah for his bear build here https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5511371

i ran that build for two lives, and while it was fun cleaving through things with 4 cleaves, i could string 5 together in a quick succession, but the build just seemed to lack that fun and power and survivability. with this build i at least can feel i have more prr and mrr and slightly better saves too.

the 5 levels of warlock is only for the ES tree perks, Beacon, Shining thru, displacement. i can get my doublestrike up to about 70 something percent with boosts so thats fine for me. im aware of the slow attack speed and how cleaves can help negate the slow attack speeds. but two lives of cleaving constantly was slightly boring, and while hard to time initially, i got familiar with the timing to drop cleave, great cleave, supreme cleave, alpha strike, and cleave again for 5 in a row. neat but not exactly in the 'fun' department.

the pet is an after thought, a lever puller, etc. i dont plan any use of pets, although i do see the synergy with the ES tree and druid pets, would be neat, but not this life at least
    Last edited by pthr33; 04-21-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Cleaves should be decent damage dealers, and you can also do some dps with spells.

Seems that you know what you want to achieve, so have a nice time with this flavor build!