View Poll Results: What day or days work best for you for a DDO hangout?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Friday late afternoon/evening

1 33.33%
  • Saturday

0 0%
  • Sunday, probably early/mid afternoon

0 0%
  • Unless you're all hanging out at my house this poll is irrelevant

2 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Ah well looks to complicated or expensive to pull off, it might have given me a second reason to like Boston since the only thing I like now is Belle Isle seafood.

Have fun guys don't think I will make it after all I got excited over nothing

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I don't know of any cheap motels any where near the convention center, but there should be quite a few options if you are willing to take a subway ride into the convention zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    never ridden a subway in my life
    An experience everyone should try at least once.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Manager

This starts tomorrow! If anyone needs to get in touch with me at any time over the weekend, and doesn't know me well enough to have a direct contact, reach me through a PM on the DDO Forums or a direct message on Twitter. I'd much rather hear from you than miss ya. Have fun everyone! We'll have our Sunday meetup around 1:00 PM Eastern just outside of the convention center, in the restaurant/bar/whatever located just outside of the convention center. Look for the DDO players.

I think I have contact info for everyone on Friday's casual meetup, but if you want to stop by for that as well, lemme know.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

This starts tomorrow! If anyone needs to get in touch with me at any time over the weekend, and doesn't know me well enough to have a direct contact, reach me through a PM on the DDO Forums or a direct message on Twitter. I'd much rather hear from you than miss ya. Have fun everyone! We'll have our Sunday meetup around 1:00 PM Eastern just outside of the convention center, in the restaurant/bar/whatever located just outside of the convention center. Look for the DDO players.

I think I have contact info for everyone on Friday's casual meetup, but if you want to stop by for that as well, lemme know.
    I decided to drive down Sunday. Should be a 3 1/2 hour drive, but don't be surprised if I get lost even with my GPS. Plan to be on the road at 7am, so that should give me plenty of time to find my way and find a parking spot most likely nowhere near the convention center.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I decided to drive down Sunday. Should be a 3 1/2 hour drive, but don't be surprised if I get lost even with my GPS. Plan to be on the road at 7am, so that should give me plenty of time to find my way and find a parking spot most likely nowhere near the convention center.
    LOL that's one of things that made me decide to,pass plus I really hate driving in Boston nobody there knows how to drive

Plus giving a Hackmaster demo at Husson University next Saturday for international tabletop day.

Hope you all have fun
    Last edited by Uska; 04-21-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Manager

Sounds good! Should have plenty of time to park and get there.
    Join us on Twitch!

Hero

When and where is tomorrow's meet up?

LOL that's one of things that made me decide to,pass plus I really hate driving in Boston nobody there knows how to drive

Plus giving a Hackmaster demo at Husson University next Saturday for international tabletop day.

Hope you all have fun
    Last time I drove in Boston, I was on my way to my uncles house to spend the night in Brockton because I was flying out of Logan to visit my parents in Las Vegas about 10 years ago. I hit Boston right at rush hour on a Friday and back then all I had for directions was a printed out Google map. I was like a furious caged tiger trying to get to an off ramp.. ANY off ramp. I had never been honked at or flipped off so much ever before and almost had a dozen different accidents. I'm from the boonies. City driving is hard.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Manager

Last time I drove in Boston, I was on my way to my uncles house to spend the night in Brockton because I was flying out of Logan to visit my parents in Las Vegas about 10 years ago. I hit Boston right at rush hour on a Friday and back then all I had for directions was a printed out Google map. I was like a furious caged tiger trying to get to an off ramp.. ANY off ramp. I had never been honked at or flipped off so much ever before and almost had a dozen different accidents. I'm from the boonies. City driving is hard.
    Sounds like a pretty typical commute...
    Join us on Twitch!

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Not all cities at least in most Texas cities and Phoenix they don't flip you off or try to turn 2 lanes into 4

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Sounds like a pretty typical commute...
    since you live in the area you have my sympathy I found Boston to be about the worst city I have driven in the world including Asia and Europe, New York and Chicago cant speak for LA though never drove there yet.

Beware the Sleepeater

since you live in the area you have my sympathy I found Boston to be about the worst city I have driven in the world including Asia and Europe, New York and Chicago cant speak for LA though never drove there yet.
    I visited Boston and its a great city but driving conditions were torture even by New York City standards.

Whats awesome about Boston is so many streets have the same character when they were cobblestone lined streets in another era. Another great aspect of Boston is their Little Italy. Amazing food and pastry products and cheeses made the old school way, right onsite.

My daughter and I will be at AnimeCon in Rochester NY at RIT this weekend so I'm sadly going to miss PAX... HAVE FUN ALL!!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

There is a pay lot pretty much right in front of the Convention center between Seaport Blvd and Congress Street. If you don't mind a little bit of a walk, there is an underground parking garage across the street from 99 High Street as well as one under 99 high St (But the entrance to this one is actually on the back side on Atlantic St). There is also a underground garage at Post Office Square (off of Congress St. These 3 lots are a 15 minute walk from the convention center. I work right there in down town Boston, and those 3 lots are right near my office, and I have walked from that area to the Convention Many, many, many times. Those three lots are a bit more expensive, probably run you a touch over $30/day all day, but most out of towners probably won't know about them. Plus there may be some street parking, but I cannot remember if that area is metered on the weekends. Friday those lots will be during the work day, but will be empty or nearly so after hours and on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    I visited Boston and its a great city but driving conditions were torture even by New York City standards.

Whats awesome about Boston is so many streets have the same character when they were cobblestone lined streets in another era. Another great aspect of Boston is their Little Italy. Amazing food and pastry products and cheeses made the old school way, right onsite.

My daughter and I will be at AnimeCon in Rochester NY at RIT this weekend so I'm sadly going to miss PAX... HAVE FUN ALL!!!

It is not Little Italy, it is the North End. And if you go to the North End, skip Mike's Pastry and go to Modern Pastry. Mike's is where the tourists go. And Modern's is better and less crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner-Davion View Post
    There is a pay lot pretty much right in front of the Convention center between Seaport Blvd and Congress Street. If you don't mind a little bit of a walk, there is an underground parking garage across the street from 99 High Street as well as one under 99 high St (But the entrance to this one is actually on the back side on Atlantic St). There is also a underground garage at Post Office Square (off of Congress St. These 3 lots are a 15 minute walk from the convention center. I work right there in down town Boston, and those 3 lots are right near my office, and I have walked from that area to the Convention Many, many, many times. Those three lots are a bit more expensive, probably run you a touch over $30/day all day, but most out of towners probably won't know about them. Plus there may be some street parking, but I cannot remember if that area is metered on the weekends. Friday those lots will be during the work day, but will be empty or nearly so after hours and on the weekend.
    cool thanks. if all goes well, I should have a couple hours to kill before the meet up anyways. I average 7 miles a day just at work alone, so walking 15 minutes wont hurt me especially after being in the car for 3 1/2 hours
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Steiner-Davion View Post
    It is not Little Italy, it is the North End. And if you go to the North End, skip Mike's Pastry and go to Modern Pastry. Mike's is where the tourists go. And Modern's is better and less crowded.
    Yes I know its called the North End ... but not many who haven't been to Boston would know that. Yea I've been to Mike's I thought it had a phenomenal selection. I'll definately keep Modern's in mind the next time I'm in Boston -- thanks for the tip!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Wish I knew someone that was going to it, seems every year I just miss more and more swag.

Community Manager

Just a heads up that I have some unavoidable commitments in the morning, so will be pushing my ability to get to the convention center by 1:00 PM. If I'm a bit late, I'll be there. We're basically gathering at the main restaurant/bar just off the convention center; it's to the right as you leave the main doors of the convention center. As always, feel free to DM me on Twitter or text me if you've got my number.
    Join us on Twitch!

Last time I went down to Anaheim the LA highways weren't that bad. You just had to floor it to keep up and be aggressive in changing lanes.

Just a heads up that I have some unavoidable commitments in the morning, so will be pushing my ability to get to the convention center by 1:00 PM. If I'm a bit late, I'll be there. We're basically gathering at the main restaurant/bar just off the convention center; it's to the right as you leave the main doors of the convention center. As always, feel free to DM me on Twitter or text me if you've got my number.
    I made it! See you there.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast