Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2015 DDO Players Council Nuclear_Elvis's Avatar

Default Wayfinder Server is Still Lagggging

Wayfinder Server had a brief period that the lag was fixed, after mid-week maintenance last week, with noticeable improvement last Thursday March 31st. However, your maintenance on Friday April 1st brought back all the lag in an exponential way. Since Friday's maintenance, and even though Wayfinder is the smallest population server, we've had the crippling, rubber-banding form of lag (time/space shifts and once back in control - you're typically dead). The game is unplayable for most solo quests, absolutely unplayable for large-party Raids, and my 650+ member guild is quite frustrated about all of this.

While you won't see spammed posts all over the place from my guild, just take this as a collective complaint and reminder that Wayfinder is still awaiting our first lag free weekend in a month.
    Kyll - Guild leader of Your Part Time Guild on Wayfinder server.
    -- Your Part Time Guild has over 750+ Guild Members!

Community Member

Default ditto

I experience lag for 1-3 seconds and usually every 5-10 seconds. Some quests like defiler of the just came to complete standstill. Stuttering movement, random teleporting/rubberbanding, instance death (hp goes from 700 to 0)
    This server is really unplayable and is causing me to rethink my monthly vip subscription
    Tried spinner of shadows this evening as well (4 manparty with hireling), all party experienced lag at different points. two deaths due to jumping over lava only to rubberband into the lava
    Tried in the belly of the beast, several delay/pauses during arena fight only to have the quest bug and the purple worms magicly poof and not spawn
    Last edited by Malvontae; 04-06-2016 at 02:02 AM.

Community Member

I'm wondering if they moved some resources from Wayfinder over to some other server. Dunno. Just thinking out loud.

Cuz Wayfinder definitely got worse.

Community Member

Default lag everywhere on Wayfinder

I have to agree that lag is at the moment really heavy and it's horrible to play on Wayfinder!

Has it stopped on other servers?

Default wayfinder Lag

Does not matter what quest you do! every min you can get a 30 to 40 sec pause! everyone in the party stops moving monsters pause as well! This has been going on all weekend this lag started on Friday 4/1/2016. on Thursday 3/31/2016 we were lag free questing just fine.

This lag all so happens in town as well. every other min. 10 sec 5 sec, sometimes longer. You can not tell me you did not notice this pausing like lag going on all weekend.

I understand we are a low population server how ever you took my money and others to play this game! We paid to play this game just like high population servers did we want support to our issues as well!

I understand that the team had one heck of a week moving the game and forum over to your new data center. and you should have got some R&R for the weekend.

Now please for the love of the game and your jobs BTW repair Wayfinder It's Monday 4/4/2016 and now its 4/6/2016 and still have lag issues.

If you want our help give us the right IP so we can run winMTR and report. please give us the info right here in this forum. we just want to play lag free you want feed back give us the tools to do so. I can't search the forum for any topic because it errors out when you search.

I would all so like to point out my deneth large quiver will not auto gather arrows any more I tossed the old one a picked up a new one and the arrows do not auto gather. I can clk the gather button and the arrows populate just auto gather stopped working.
    This started after the first day of the data center move. oddly my wifes account or should I say toon does not have this issue.

I am sure I will get flamed for asking for wayfinder help. How ever I did not cuss call people names and or try to start some kind of war over who gets repaired first. I just would like to play this game lag free just like the other servers.

please get to it team don't kill our population off we all need players accounts to move forward so we can all grow.

Grimgnaw

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear_Elvis View Post
    Wayfinder Server had a brief period that the lag was fixed, after mid-week maintenance last week, with noticeable improvement last Thursday March 31st.
    I disagree. I have not seen a single play session without significant lag since the data center move. Stuttering, rubber banding, and good old fashioned standing in one place for ~15 seconds while the mobs beat you to death, we have it all.

I rarely saw any lag at all before the data center move.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgnaw View Post
    I would all so like to point out my deneth large quiver will not auto gather arrows any more I tossed the old one a picked up a new one and the arrows do not auto gather. I can clk the gather button and the arrows populate just auto gather stopped working.
    I see this as well, with a couple differences. I carry 2 quivers, and the one which is not equipped (in the quiver slot) picks up all the arrows/bolts. When I parked it in the bank the equipped one still would not collect, and I have swapped a couple times to see if that changed anything. So for me it is the equipped quiver which ignores autocollect, while quivers in your Inv will still autocollect.

Second difference being that I don't recall when this started. After the data center move seems likely though.

Default The Impact

To put in perspective the morale of the server - right now there are only 17 people logged into Wayfinder server, in total. I had some mail from guild members, stating they won't come back to Wayfinder and play unless the server is fixed (going to other servers or simply staying away from game until then).

I am not trying to complain, merely show the impact from these issues that are ongoing. Some of us are die-hard, still logging in to at least accomplish basic tasks, but it's like taking care of a car with all the wheels removed and set up on blocks - there's only so much you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kompera_Oberon View Post
    I see this as well, with a couple differences. I carry 2 quivers, and the one which is not equipped (in the quiver slot) picks up all the arrows/bolts. When I parked it in the bank the equipped one still would not collect, and I have swapped a couple times to see if that changed anything. So for me it is the equipped quiver which ignores autocollect, while quivers in your Inv will still autocollect.

Second difference being that I don't recall when this started. After the data center move seems likely though.
    no, this has nothing to do with the data center move. This is a side effect of an attempt to fix rather weird behaviour of bags. Bags would keep auto-gathering if being in the bank, if being mailed, or even if being destroyed. something about the bags being directly linked/bound to your character, and refusing to give up that 'bond'. so the fix was to only make bags autogather if actually in inventory (and thus not equipped). Unfortunately quivers are also treated as bags by the system.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyata View Post
    no, this has nothing to do with the data center move. This is a side effect of an attempt to fix rather weird behaviour of bags. Bags would keep auto-gathering if being in the bank, if being mailed, or even if being destroyed. something about the bags being directly linked/bound to your character, and refusing to give up that 'bond'. so the fix was to only make bags autogather if actually in inventory (and thus not equipped). Unfortunately quivers are also treated as bags by the system.
    Ok. I saw the issue where destroyed bags would continue to auto-gather. If whatever patch attempted to fix that is to blame for the current behavior, fine.

Frankly, there are so many issues with the game now that I could care less what the causes are. All I am interested is in communications from Turbine about their path forward to resolutions. And while I've seen a few posts about how they are trying, it is frankly not good enough. I want to know what their actual plan is to fix this debacle.

We, the customers, deserve this. We have paid for VIP subscriptions, we have paid for microtransactions (and despite the name they add up to quite a lot), and even the FTP players have enhanced this game by providing us with people to play with. We all make this game possible, despite never having written a line of code. And the company profiting from this fact had better come to realize that this is in fact the case. That we deserve better.

We all deserve a far better:
    1) Acknowledgement of the problem.
    We have an Executive Producer who is not present in the first 4 pages of the Dev Tracker. And in his appearances on the pages following, he uses what to anyone with a technical background sounds like either nonsense or doublespeak. Answer the simple question: Do you know what the problem is? Because if you don't know what the problem is, there is no hope of fixing it. If you need to determine what the problem is, then we need to hear this.

2) Communication with the customers.
    We, the customers, should be your first concern. We are the people who support your business. As such, when you are having issues delivering the services which we have purchased, we should be kept appraised of your efforts to restore service. Instead of turtling up and limiting your communications, we your customers should be getting daily updates on your progress. We deserve this, we sustain your business.

Today I ran the Attack on Stormreach chain on HE at level 21. They are level 15 on HE, and I'm 21st with a pile of past lives. It's a laughable exercise. I just couldn't be bothered to run something challenging where I would have died several times because of the LAG. I was looking for some specific items and could have run the quests on much more level appropriate characters, but they would have died a few times for no reason other than the LAG.

And even running those quests highly over level they took me more than twice as long as I would normally expect. In addition to the constant but irregular (as in, you can't say it happens every 10 seconds, because it seems to be random even though approximately every 10 seconds is how it occurs) hitching, there was occasional rubber banding (3-5 times per run across 4 runs). And almost anytime there is some game interaction, such as setting off a charge in Blockade Buster or Undermine, expect a 5 second freeze when it goes off.

I'm kinda down to playing on maintenance mode here. I made maybe 10k XP on 4 under-level runs. But I didn't die. If I attempt runs I could do with ease before the data center move, I die multiple times. Because I can't actually play the game while the monsters kill me. My keyboard input is ignored.

The fun has been sucked out of this game, because it is no longer a game of PvE, it is a game of PvLAG.
    Last edited by Kompera_Oberon; 04-07-2016 at 02:26 AM.

Community Member

It started with the last update and is an unintended, or at least unfortunate, side effect of the "bags will only auto collect in inventory" fix to deleted bags still auto-collecting bug as far as I can tell.

Community Manager

Yes, we still have work to do on Wayfinder and several other servers. We are currently in the process of working on a hotfix, and will use the downtime to deploy the hotfix and make some adjustments at the data center. ETA incoming but not ready yet.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    It started with the last update and is an unintended, or at least unfortunate, side effect of the "bags will only auto collect in inventory" fix to deleted bags still auto-collecting bug as far as I can tell.
    I'm not terribly concerned about quivers autocollecting, unless that is the reason for LAG. Yes, it is a new bug and should be fixed, as all bugs should be fixed.
    But there are larger issues at the moment.
    I want LAG fixed. It has crippled play since the data center move a full month ago tomorrow.

I want LAG fixed. It has crippled play since the data center move a full month ago tomorrow.
    Yeah, it was a struggle to get my caster up to 20 for another TR. Today was the first day I could do more than two quests without freaking out, or just rage quitting.
    Still 51 lags, or more in Servants of the overlord and 58+ in Beyond the rift. I was lucky the tiny bugs in the Spinner weren't fixed yet so that one went quite well, otherwise I'm sure that one would have been the last for today. New life, new hope, two weeks behind schedule.
    Raiding with the main isn't something to think about. After the desaster in Thunderholm it's clearly just a waste of time. Better read a book, or hit the movies.

To put in perspective the morale of the server - right now there are only 17 people logged into Wayfinder server, in total. I had some mail from guild members, stating they won't come back to Wayfinder and play unless the server is fixed (going to other servers or simply staying away from game until then).
    You did some good work with repopulating the server. Feels bad to see your investment going down the drain right now. Hopefully they are coming back.

It would bring a little bit of fun into it, if the server would be listed as Lagfinder untill it's fixed
    Last edited by Edwardt; 04-07-2016 at 11:30 AM.
    Global channel for raids: /joinchannel wayfinderraids

I am glad Kyll brought up the ongoing lag on Wayfinder. I have been playing on Wayfinder for five years and have never experienced the lag issues we are experiencing now. Our low population is down since the lag issues began. Personally, I am experiencing lag spikes every 30 sec. to 1 min. They only last for a few seconds but it is a bit frustrating.

The regular quest are not unplayable. The raids are unplayable though for the most part. On a low population server this lag issue becomes magnified because people are not logging on to play.

I do appreciate Cordovan's response (thank you). I am sure DDO will have a hotfix soon and the issue will be taken care of.
    Wayfinder- Teaparty of Teabags- Willa, Perpetua, Traren, Ninath

Community Member

Woo hoo! 20% xp bonus this weekend! Perfect time to work on those Epic Destinies ...

But wait! Wayfinder is still broken! Running epic content is likely suicidal.

C'mon Turbine! Couldn't you come up with a different bonus this weekend, one that doesn't penalize Wayfinder inhabitants?

Or is your plan to just kill off Wayfinder? A legitimate question, I think, as they are currently less 50 players logged on thanks to the persistent lag problems.
    Last edited by Andu_Indorin; 04-07-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Community Member

I've the patience of a saint but my patience finally ran out. Logged out and won't be back on Wayfinder until the server is fixed.

Community Member

To put this into perspective, I used to be able to solo Return to Madstone Crater on EE in about 40min on my L30 toon.

Now with the lag, it takes me over an hour and a cleric hireling with my L30 toon.
    Last edited by Vulkoorex; 04-07-2016 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yes, we still have work to do on Wayfinder and several other servers. We are currently in the process of working on a hotfix, and will use the downtime to deploy the hotfix and make some adjustments at the data center. ETA incoming but not ready yet.
    Cordovan,
    Thanks, and - just know that I've been one of the biggest supporters of this game in the past year. We've seen a tremendous growth in Wayfinder numbers over the last 120 days, especially, but this ongoing issue has nearly wiped out all that progress.

I will say this just once in the Forum, and I sincerely hope some executive in Warner Brothers (not just Turbine) actually reads this -- the decision to migrate to a new Data Center was an extreme error of judgment by the Executive that made that decision.

- 10th Anniversary event was released.
    - Gnome Race was finally released, one of the most anticipated game additions in the entire 10 years of DDO life.
    - You had returning players to DDO.
    - You had new players coming in to check out Gnome.

And You should have waited 90 days to do anything else. How many gardeners are there at Warner Brothers or Turbine? You have to let seeds grow! 90 days as-is in the game we had, with the old Data Center, and you would have had players paying for Turbine Points, and subscribing as VIPs, to stay with their new Gnomes they've made.

And then, you could have announced - Data Center Move, and prepare for Lag. Some of that new revenue probably would have paid for additional IT help to better prepare the move.

But what I'm saying here is not just a Hindsight = 20/20, you knew that past Data Center moves had resulted in problems with your other games - Asheron's Call and LOTRO. Simply from a revenue standpoint, I cannot understand the logic of making this move immediately after you released game updates that were Marketing magnets -- only to repel that same attraction.

This, this negation of the Marketing benefits of Gnome race alone, is what frustrates me more than the Lag.

Community Member

Cordovan,
    Thanks, and - just know that I've been one of the biggest supporters of this game in the past year. We've seen a tremendous growth in Wayfinder numbers over the last 120 days, especially, but this ongoing issue has nearly wiped out all that progress. ...
    Regarding Wayfinder, perhaps the simplest thing to say is this: "If ain't broke, don't fix it." Unfortunately, Wayfinder has been "fixed."

On a separate note, I just want say: Kyll, keep up the good work on Wayfinder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast