Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Korthos Greeter

This was a nice campaign. I had fun sending out all those pots and giving advise and what not. But i think it isn't worth it anymore since Orien lost default. I will monitor the lowbies and decide then if I will continue this.

Go on what you are doing Grandern. It is awesome.

See you ingame.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    This was a nice campaign. I had fun sending out all those pots and giving advise and what not. But i think it isn't worth it anymore since Orien lost default. I will monitor the lowbies and decide then if I will continue this.

Go on what you are doing Grandern. It is awesome.

See you ingame.
    I say keep it up at a manageable pace, whenever you feel like it. It's become a bad habit and I can't stop standing around in Korthos!

I have started putting together findings from the activities however and you can listen to my smooth silky and silky voice on the 55:09 time point in DDOCast 496:

Last edited by Grandern_Marn; 01-17-2018 at 01:47 AM.
    Start cross server trading and profit!
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Greetings from Korthos - Episode 2
    Start at the the 54:23 time point in DDOCast 499:

Last edited by Grandern_Marn; 01-17-2018 at 01:47 AM.
    Characters: Grandern Marn / Yazmirr Grezztl / Vexir Bristleblade / Zappinaizah Subatrumpf Server: Orien Guild: Faca na Caveira
    New to the Orien server? Type "/joinchannel Titan" into the chat window and join some lively DDO discussion! Happy to help out with any questions.

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

Nice.

I enjoyed listening to that.
    Read my blog: Micki's Delirium
    Follow me: @DDOMicki (Twitter) Thazara Of Orien (YouTube) DDOMicki (Twitch)
    Join Orien Raiding: Orien Raiding Discord

Default welcome to orien mails

Reached 1000.
    On with the show!
    I am the Postman
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

I am the Postman
    Koo-koo-ka-shoo!

Reached 1000.
    On with the show!
    I am the Postman
    That is some legendary activity, almost as many mails as forum comments!

Here is Greetings from Korthos - Episode 3
    Start at the the 43:05 time point in DDOCast 502:

Greetings from Korthos - Episode 4
    Start at the the 1:04:36 time point in DDOCast 505:

Shout outs to the movers and shakers on Orien!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandern_Marn View Post

snip

Someone pointed out to me that I should listen to your latest part in the podcast. Thx for mentioning me and the others.
    And for the folks out there, be assured there are at least another dozen players who do some kind of community work regularly on Orien. It is a great server to play on.
    Last edited by TitusOvid; 02-26-2018 at 02:22 AM. Reason: snipped the video

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

Very nice. Thank you.

Reached 1.5k

Reached 1.5k
    Whew, you are a present delivering fiend!

Greetings from Korthos - Episode 5
    Start at the 50:01 time point in DDOCast 512:

Greetings from Korthos - Episode 6
    Start at the 46:51 time point in DDOCast 521:

Greetings from Korthos - Episode 6
    Start at the 46:51 time point in DDOCast 521:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...d-a-Guild-here

Wow great work Titus! Nice compliment to the the recruiting theme in episode 6 of Greetings from Korthos.

Here is the next installment:
    Greetings from Korthos - Episode 7 - Questions from New Players in Korthos, Part 1
    Start at the 24:17 time point in DDOCast 540:

In this episode I cover less commonly asked questions among the 207 that I totaled over a 2 month period while Orien was the default server. Questions were asked about the following points from 1 to 8 times meaning approximately 1% to 4% of all questions asked during the test period. This may not seem like a high number but for every one person asking the question in chat, there may very well be 10 others who think the question but don't bother asking. Here they are:

Emotes besides laugh - 1
    How do I finish a quest - 1
    Show cloak - 1
    How to swim - 1
    Elite opener - 1
    How to cast spells from scrolls - 1
    Change gender - 1
    Gem uses - 2
    Crafting - 2
    Pets - 2
    Multiclassing - 3
    How good is this game - 3
    How to leave a party - 5
    Hotbars/Hotkeys - 5
    Guilds - 5
    Trainer questions - 5
    In quest specifics - 6
    People looking to help new players - 7
    Snowy/Sunny Korthos - 8

These are just in note form, I go into more detail regarding what variations of questions were asked in the DDOcast episode linked above, the exact part in the podcast where I discuss the points listed above are from 29:38 - 35:05 in the video. I will add the second half of the questions to this post after it has been published in an upcoming DDOcast.
    Last edited by Grandern_Marn; 11-27-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Default Neither rain nor snow nor gloom of night can stay these messengers about their duty

As of tonight I delivered my 2000 welcome mail.

I got responds in about 8% of cases. All of them positive.
    Sadly, more came back unread. I didn't think about counting those though.

But I got to know a lot of nice players and some of them I even still see running aorund on orien. Some of them even have wings now and most of them are in a guild.

It became kind of an obsession and is great fun and I am sure I will reach 3k someday so god will.

So long Orien.

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

So long Orien.
    I saw this and thought, "Help, is Titus leaving us?"

Nice work on the messages.

Default 2500 Welcome Mails

This started out as a reaction to the horrendous overprized thief tools in the auction house on Orien. I send out stacks of 50 +5 thief tools to builds with at least 1 level Rogue or Arti under character level 12 with my 2nd account Haggle Bard Rubbel. As Orien became Default Server some years back it grew into sending out 100er stacks of ability potions or Raise Dead scrolls to non-guild players that left Korthos and didn't hit lvl 9 yet, assuming those were most likely new players. I wanted to stop as Orien lost default but Grandern convinced me with this thread that it is a fun thing to do. So several month later I reached 2500 players. A lot of those mails came back because the recipient didn't exist anymore or didn't check the (uncomfirmed) mail. But the ones that answered back - around 12% - where very nice, thankful and liked the idea. So thank you for your answers. You made me send out one more mail and then another one and another one and so on.

See you at the 3000 mark.

Cheers,
    your postman Titus.

Is that guy in the ice robe standing near the korthos gate you?

Community Member

This started out as a reaction to the horrendous overprized thief tools in the auction house on Orien. I send out stacks of 50 +5 thief tools to builds with at least 1 level Rogue or Arti under character level 12 with my 2nd account Haggle Bard Rubbel. As Orien became Default Server some years back it grew into sending out 100er stacks of ability potions or Raise Dead scrolls to non-guild players that left Korthos and didn't hit lvl 9 yet, assuming those were most likely new players. I wanted to stop as Orien lost default but Grandern convinced me with this thread that it is a fun thing to do. So several month later I reached 2500 players. A lot of those mails came back because the recipient didn't exist anymore or didn't check the (uncomfirmed) mail. But the ones that answered back - around 12% - where very nice, thankful and liked the idea. So thank you for your answers. You made me send out one more mail and then another one and another one and so on.

See you at the 3000 mark.

Cheers,
    your postman Titus.

Helooooo,
    I got some. On 2 characters. Never write back. Thank you very much here.

R10

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast