Community Member

Default What Spell level are the Epic Feat Spells

I have been unable to find an answer to this. I plan on making an Arti caster (I will finish my Epic Wolf Whistle). So both Ruin, Greater Ruin, and Arcane Pulse will be used against the Demon Queen.

Community Member

It doesn't matter what the spell level of those feats is.

Spell level is used for the DC (Difficulty Check) of a spell:
    10 + spell level + casting ability score modifier + bonuses

Ruin, Greater Ruin and Arcane Pulse do not have a DC since they don't have a save.
    And spells like energy burst from draconic have their own save formula and thus don't need a spell level. What they do need is caster level to determine damage dealt.

Caster level is used for spell penetration checks, duration and damage.
    Spell pen: Caster level + bonuses + 1d20
    each spell has its own formula for duration and damage that uses caster level.

P.S. Another situation where spell level matters is globe and mantle of invulnerability that provide immunity to low level spells. You can assume that all the epic spells can pass that mantle except for the rare occasion that they are based on a heroic spell of 4th level and under.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Quote Originally Posted by Faltout View Post
    It doesn't matter what the spell level of those feats is.

Spell level is used for the DC (Difficulty Check) of a spell:
    10 + spell level + casting ability score modifier + bonuses

Ruin, Greater Ruin and Arcane Pulse do not have a DC since they don't have a save.
    And spells like energy burst from draconic have their own save formula and thus don't need a spell level. What they do need is caster level to determine damage dealt.

Caster level is used for spell penetration checks, duration and damage.
    Spell pen: Caster level + bonuses + 1d20
    each spell has its own formula for duration and damage that uses caster level.

P.S. Another situation where spell level matters is globe and mantle of invulnerability that provide immunity to low level spells. You can assume that all the epic spells can pass that mantle except for the rare occasion that they are based on a heroic spell of 4th level and under.
    I believe the point of the question is covered in your P.S. Knowing the spell level is important for lots of decisions.

The Demon Queen has a Mantle of Invulnerability when she is in her final phase. At this point any spell 4th and lower won't work. Vision of Destruction Sulu has this mantle the whole time.

Now I believe the Epic Spells are counted as either Spell level 9 or 10. But you are correct if it is based off a lower level spell it will be blocked by such mantles even if it is a higher level spell.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Now I believe the Epic Spells are counted as either Spell level 9 or 10. But you are correct if it is based off a lower level spell it will be blocked by such mantles even if it is a higher level spell.
    Yeah. Although that is a rare thing. Not sure, but maybe exalted angel has that problem with avenging light. Other than that, I don't believe there are other spells that have that problem (SLAs sure, but not new spells).
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Ruin, GRuin, Hellball, Arcane Pulse all work during her rage phase.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos