Community Member

Default New Install: PatchClientDLL: CheckDatFiles Failed

I'm trying to run DDO onto a new laptop. After installation, when I get to the "Check Product" screen, I get this error:

Code:
    PatchClientDLL: CheckDatFiles Failed [Unable to decrypt and de-serialize the data downloaded from the server]
    Personally, I suspect it has something to do with the data center move. Is it supposed to be "http://gls.ddo.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx"? That's what the launcher log says.

This is the first time I've installed DDO on this laptop, but I copied UserPreferences.ini from my old computer. Just in case, I deleted it and tried again. I still got the error.

I tried disabling the anti-virus and firewall and re-downloading the files, but it took a long time, so those features may have turned themselves back on again. I disabled them again while running the launcher, but it didn't help.

After Googling the error message, I see that it has many possible causes in DDO and LOTRO. I've tried deleting the "backup", "forward", and "raw" subfolders. I'd like to avoid reinstalling all the files. It's said that this problem could also be caused by incorrect time/date on my computer, and this laptop DID have trouble setting the time correctly. But I fixed it, and that doesn't seem to have helped.

The Patch Client log and DNDLauncherLog are below. I suspect the significant lines are:
    Data Center URL: QUrl( "http://gls.ddo.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx" )
    Could not init the patchtime manager
    Failed to create a patchtime patching manager in <C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online>: error 0x81930003

Code:
    //****************************************************************************************
    // Filename: C:\Users\Shawn\AppData\Local\Turbine/PatchClient.log
    // Description: 
    // Version: 3.0.2.0.RELEASE Portal:compiled Tue Feb  4 13:09:18 2014 : RELEASE
    // Process ID: 11764 (0x2df4)	Thread ID: 11308 (0x2c2c)
    // Log Creation Time: Thu Mar 17 21:01:15 2016
    // Current Time - System: Thu Mar 17 21:01:15 2016	Game: 000000000.000
    // Times wrapped: 0	Writes: 0	Bytes Written: 0
    //****************************************************************************************
    000000000.000: preconfigured proxy settings.
    000000000.000: Using settings from INI file [C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online\coreonline.ini], section [PatchClient]
    000000000.000: Importing public key
    000000000.000: Connecting to patchserver at patch.ddo.com:5015
    000000000.000: Setting proxy information for patchserver connection
    000000003.386: Checking for file patches.
    000000003.386: application directory: <C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online>
    000000003.386: temp directory: <C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online\tmp>
    000000003.386: forward directory: <C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online\forward>
    000000003.386: backup directory: <C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online\backup>
    000000004.155: Response received from patchserver.
    000000004.155: No file patching necessary.
    000000004.155: Patching files...
    000000004.270: File patching complete. 0 patches applied, 0 bytes downloaded
    000000004.276: Checking for data patches.
    000000004.276: Loading data patch dll.
    000000004.276: Could not init the patchtime manager
    000000004.276: Failed to create a patchtime patching manager in <C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online>: error 0x81930003

2016.03.17 21:01:10[W] Data Center URL:   QUrl( "http://gls.ddo.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx" )  

2016.03.17 21:01:19[W] PatchFlow::OnPatchProductResult - CheckDatFiles failure!  err:  "PatchClientDLL::CheckDatFiles Failed. [Unable to decrypt and de-serialize the data downloaded from the server.]" 
    2016.03.17 21:01:19[W] 	ForwardPatch:  false 
    2016.03.17 21:01:19[W] 	HighDetail:  true 
    2016.03.17 21:01:19[C]  
    2016.03.17 21:01:19[C] PatchFlow::AdmitFailure 
    2016.03.17 21:01:19[C] 	 PatchFlow::AdmitFailure  [ "PatchClientDLL::CheckDatFiles Failed. [Unable to decrypt and de-serialize the data downloaded from the server.]" ] 
    2016.03.17 21:02:26[W] PatchFlow::OnPatchProductResult - CheckDatFiles failure!  err:  "PatchClientDLL::CheckDatFiles Failed. [Unable to decrypt and de-serialize the data downloaded from the server.]" 
    2016.03.17 21:02:26[W] 	ForwardPatch:  false 
    2016.03.17 21:02:26[W] 	HighDetail:  true 
    2016.03.17 21:02:26[C]  
    2016.03.17 21:02:26[C] PatchFlow::AdmitFailure 
    2016.03.17 21:02:26[C] 	 PatchFlow::AdmitFailure  [ "PatchClientDLL::CheckDatFiles Failed. [Unable to decrypt and de-serialize the data downloaded from the server.]" ]
    Last edited by shawnvw; 03-18-2016 at 12:19 AM.
    Got complaints about the in-game hirelings?
    That's nothing compared to what they say about YOU

The Sister Contract: A DDO Hirelings tale on YouTube

Community Member

Default Solved

I submitted this as a ticket to Turbine Support. They responded with this e-mail message. I tried it all, and the final step worked for me. I'm posting this for anyone else who's had this problem.

As a test hold down the Windows key and press R, and in the run line that brings up type or copy and paste the following command exactly as it appears below (be sure to include everything even the percent signs):

%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

Within the folder that comes up* you may find a folder named "Program Files (x86)" and if so double-click to open that. Within that it should have a folder named 'Turbine'. If it does then right-click on that Turbine folder choosing delete (if you receive an access denied message be sure that the game launcher is closed out). If instead of "Turbine" there is a folder with the game name (e.g. a folder named "Dungeons and Dragons Online" or "The Lord of the Rings Online") then delete that one as well or instead.

(* If you receive a 'not found' message instead note this in a reply but continue trying the remaining steps below.)

Relaunch the game but if there is no change in the issue after that or the folders detailed were not there, then close out the game launcher and go into the Windows Control Panel > Uninstall a program and in the list look for and uninstall "Akamai Netsession" if found. Once it finishes its uninstall, then relaunch the game (this should trigger the game to reinstall it, notable as you will receive a pop up license agreement for Netsession from the launcher).

If it's installer fails or the reinstall has no effect then as an alternate test try a manual installation using the following steps:

Hold down the Windows key and press "R" and in the run line that comes up type the following command hitting enter afterward:

%Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Akamai

Within the folder that opens look for 'Netsession_Installer' (it will list application as its file type) and when found right-click on it choosing 'run as administrator'. (note that the installer is 'silent', you should only see the 'wait' cursor briefly come up and revert it should then be relisted in the control panel under 'uninstall a program', but if any errors occur though note those in a reply). If that file cannot be found or running it has no effect continue to the next set of steps.

If none of the above resolve this though as a final test uninstall the game via the 'uninstall a program' list in the control panel and reattempt the installation but during the install watch for the option to choose the folder path that the game will install into, and when able to choose/edit where to install the game (folder path) then edit the path text by typing a path of "C:\Games\Turbine" instead of the default (typically "C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\(Game Name)" or similar). At any point if the installer asks to choose between "Express" and "Custom" choose custom, this will allow you to manually enter in the folder path for where the game should be installed to, express just uses the default settings and thereby default folder path without giving the option to manually edit it.

Note that during the installation and subsequent patching process we would recommend that you disable any sleep mode options (Control Panel > Power Options > Adjust when the computer goes to sleep) including those for the hard drives as sleep mode can interfere with the installers ability to create files on or otherwise write to disk.

Thank you,
    The Turbine Technical Support Team
    Got complaints about the in-game hirelings?
    That's nothing compared to what they say about YOU

The Sister Contract: A DDO Hirelings tale on YouTube

kind of a long shot, but the only thing I could find that maybe relates to is something from last year on Lotro where a couple people got the same error. Apparently at least one person solved it by installing without the high resolution files, the others didn't give any conclusive answers.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...atFiles-Failed

guess it can't hurt to try... if you are trying to install low res, try high res, and if you are trying to install high res, try low res....

fingers crossed.

Community Member

Default How is this still an issue?

I am writing a long time after the original post, and yet I am suffering the same problem, and have tried all the posted solutions on about 10 sites, with no luck. I even went into regedit to clear all references to standing stone, turbine, ddo, akamai and dungeon. I will not reinstall my operating system for this bloody game! Can you guys not get this stuff working? It was all fine till 2 days ago, and then after one of its auto updates, went to hell. I am running windows 7 on two computers - one works ddo and the other keeps getting the same bloody error about the update error. Everything is exactly the same on the two computers. What is a solution to this?

BTW the specific file that the system always stops on is: client_map_1.dat-26741 ...although it downloads through to client_map_1.dat-26744 ...if this helps.

I gave myself the clue to solving the problem definitively... I have two nearly identical computers, one of which works with DDO... I copied all the files and the preferences onto a flash card, and then copied them to the non-working system. Everything is fine now. If you do not have this option, I suggest you just copy the files from a friend's computer. All those recommendations are a waste of time... No need to reinstall your OS either. Good luck.
    Last edited by Apo; 03-26-2018 at 02:41 PM. Reason: I found my own solution.

Community Member

Default Dunno if I want to start playing this game...

I was about to start playing this game with my friends but got this error on my first install...

Default Same Error on Steam Client

I did a fresh install of the game on Steam (so I can get shop goodies and pay via Steam), and I get the same error. What should I do about it?
    I run my pc on Win 10, latest drivers all installed.

EDIT: Doing a "repair" in the launcher helped after the 2nd attempt. Now I have a new problem: I think you might not be using an up-to-date TSL ... because our firewall blocks the login procedure when using LAN. On WLAN which has also TSL 1.0 enabled it works. Please ramp up your security settings, SSG!
    Last edited by Gildoriel; 10-27-2022 at 03:49 PM.
    Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.

I am also having this issue. Trying repair at the moment.

EDIT:

Repairing worked for me.
    Last edited by Sam-u-r-eye; 01-29-2023 at 04:02 PM.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    Old Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda -> Orien