Default The THING: let's add it to loading screens & Korthos Village

I really enjoyed reading many of the players' input on the old THING list and now it is in the oracle in the Hall of Heroes. I think it gets a little lost there, though.

Two simple suggestions:

1. Add the oracle to Korthos somewhere. It would be funny if it was out of the way in the village area, in a cave or something with a figure in a meditating position.
    2. Link quotations from players' contributions to The Thing with appropriate screenshots of the week and use these as part of the random loading screens. So instead of getting the same-old-same-old (like, 'death is a traumatic experience,' or just plain, 'The ...'), we can get fun suggestions of wisdom from players and the nice screenies that have been submitted.

I can post some examples if people's imagination & memory have been too eroded from computer use
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

You know - I actually agree with having this on Korthos... it is supposed to also be new player advice (and other famous sayings)

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    You know - I actually agree with having this on Korthos... it is supposed to also be new player advice (and other famous sayings)
    so true! thx.
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

I hope this doesn't go away when the anniversary event ends.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

We could at least have Randall say "Hi Welcome" when you step out of the Grotto.

Community Manager

The Oracle of Wisdom is here to stay. In the Hall of Heroes, since the Anniversary quest will disappear at some point.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Oracle of Wisdom is here to stay. In the Hall of Heroes, since the Anniversary quest will disappear at some point.
    That is great and thanks for responding. What do you think of my proposal, though? It is to add it to Korthos, not move it.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

*shrug*

I think having it in the HoH is just fine.

I think it would detract in Korthos. Vets don't need it there and know to find it in HoH and many of the sayings would be "inside" jokes to new players who would not get them or understand their import for some time.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1--2 -3 -4 -5--6 -7 -8--9--10 -11-12 13 14! 15 16 17 years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    *shrug*

I think it would detract in Korthos. Vets don't need it there and know to find it in HoH and many of the sayings would be "inside" jokes to new players who would not get them or understand their import for some time.
    some are great for new players, some are inside jokes, but then that is the nature of an oracle: from wiki,

Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    *shrug*

Err.... Think you've missed the point of it. It is advice, and/or humor for NEWER players, man.
    As the saying goes, "There is more than one way to skin a cat. (No offence to cats, cat lovers, or people that want to be cats)
    "Everything taste like chicken, 'cept chicken, that taste like turkey.", quoth the barbarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Calinthus View Post
    Err.... Think you've missed the point of it. It is advice, and/or humor for NEWER players, man.
    thanks!

+1

Or, as an alternative, just add the dialogue to one of the wandering NPCs in Korthos village.
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by visibleman View Post
    +1

Or, as an alternative, just add the dialogue to one of the wandering NPCs in Korthos village.
    that is a great suggestion. It would even be funny if the mayor says one randomly each time you talk to him.

I also want to see it added to loading screens with screenshots of the week.