Thread: Sounds issue

Default Sounds issue

On my desktop Win 10 machine I am having an issue with in game DDO sound both game sounds and in game voice chat.

I have a set of speakers as well as a headset connected to the computer.
    In Windows sound is set to default to the headset - and Windows sounds, Mumble, Sky, Browser etc sounds all work through the headset.

However, from DDO I am not getting any sounds through the headset (which used to work a while back). If I set DDO audio to my speakers I am getting sounds so the other settings appear to be working - but nothing from the headset.

It gets even more puzzling. When Lam is up and I use that client - I *am* getting sounds from DDO in the headset. But not on live.

Any suggestions are welcome as its starting to annoy me.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Angry

I feel your pain there. I have been playing for 10 years and sometime last year I started having trouble hearing my party members. Then they put the volume controls in for individual members and that was great. Now, they have taken them out and I can't hear anyone. I have all of my game sounds turned off and I still can't hear anyone.

Default Volume Sliders

Quote Originally Posted by Novasheer View Post
    I feel your pain there. I have been playing for 10 years and sometime last year I started having trouble hearing my party members. Then they put the volume controls in for individual members and that was great. Now, they have taken them out and I can't hear anyone. I have all of my game sounds turned off and I still can't hear anyone.
    Click on the green loudspeaker on a party member to bring up their volume slider. It was changed during maintenance yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    Be careful though, a dwarf wearing a bunny hat while covered in Barkskin looks like on Ewok.