Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Here are some other suggestions:

A) Why don't you offer a list of 100 items and have people vote for the top 10-20 and then give that? That way it will feel player driven.

B) What would be pretty cool, would be something permanent that players can have, that players joining afterwards can't obtain. Maybe a little symbol after the name, or after the guild name. Or a random cosmetic, that will make you glow 1x per day.

C) Offer everyone 1 free exp pot, 1 free slayer pot, 1 crafting pot, 1 guild exp pot and 1 mana pot. Drop in the bucket, but if you get at least 1% more exposure to those consumables, but you might increase business.

D) Put a plaque somewhere in the game, listing all active guilds on the server and their levels as of the 10th anniversary event. (Or have a minimum level to make the list.)

E) In the hall, put up some statues of the older iconic builds from the past, maybe have a vote for the top 10 older builds, WOP rapiers etc...
    Put up statues of the old raid bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellkor View Post
    Also, there should really be something really special that requires a 10 year active account to get. It would be a great thanks to those who supported this game for all that time
    Don't push your luck. I'm only agreeing with you once!

~Anaelsbet~; ~Elsbet~; ~Lilabet~; ~Islabet~; ~Phaeddre~
    ~Ascent~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumCharisma View Post
    I think that this is too harsh, and feel that you should dial it back a bit. I am not at all pleased but I don't know really what the developers were thinking. I was a little peeved that the only replies were to talk about what item could not possibly be given out.

Because I don't understand, and because a lot of us felt that this was a bad joke (I even downloaded Lamannia to verify it for myself) I was hoping for more interaction on this from the Devs.

edit: such as a podcast or AMA.

Needs to be addressed, the 10 year anniversary quest was much more important that whatever freebies they gave out, and in this case it has turned out to be a shockingly bad exercise in Hubris manifest as 'cult of personality' at the cost of a players, game's history, and taste.

Glad to hear you went on Lamma it's the type of thing you really have to check out for yourself, I always log on when it's available otherwise I don't really feel like I have much right to complain if I don't like what goes live. But you also raise a interesting point, the replies and 'interaction' this time around has been severely lacking, mostly just going through the motions.

Given what we are asking the devs to accomplish, the appallingly small dev staff, and the limited number of hours in a day, I"m perfectly content to let Cordovan keep answering questions and let the devs keep coding. Their time is better spent in code than here.

~Ascent~

The loot is very underwhelming, and there's nothing festive about it for a 10th anniversary! I remember when Crystal Cove came out and there were tons of good items to go for. I'll run the event for fun, but there's nothing to really work for. Please put in more, good options!

Why not make it festive and fun? Make fun consumables, like the pumpkin heads from Night Revels, but instead it gives the target the confetti graphics for a 1 minute! Consumables that cast otto's sphere and/or otto's dancing spells with a good DC! Perhaps a cool cosmetic like a special cosmetic hat. I don't know, something more lively to celebrate 10 years of DDO!
    The best part of the 10th Anniversary of DDO...the description on the Oatmeal Raisin Kookie,
    "From a distance you thought this was a chocolate chip kookie. Now you're sad."

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    Which would screw over every single person that played on the European servers, so I doubt they'll be doing that.

Plus 10 year active account? 10 year VIP get the same as those who went free to play as soon as it became available and therefore haven't contributed financially to the game in years.

etc etc etc

So if they start down that route the only thing they are going to do is cause further arguments and bad feeling.

I get this, maybe it could be a 10 year gift for anyone that (eventually) achieves this. Kinda like the total favor rewards thing, but time based instead. It really should not be a thing to feel bad about, rather, something to look forward to by the player and respected by the observer.
    Mellkor Wizard, Culpepper Cleric, Coyle Warlock, Anarion Mechanic Archer, Ungoliant, Assassin, Tulkas Astaldo Vanguard Pally,
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

Community Member MaximumCharisma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elsbet View Post
    Given what we are asking the devs to accomplish, the appallingly small dev staff, and the limited number of hours in a day, I"m perfectly content to let Cordovan keep answering questions and let the devs keep coding. Their time is better spent in code than here.
    That's the thing though. They did do a Q&A this weekend. But they spoiled none of this stuff beforehand. Basically they didn't want to spoil the "surprise".

Which is why I honestly thought at first that this was trolling by Lama folks. Then, we get one post saying bascially "Hey we had to give out raid loot because that's the only way to celebrate."

That original post by Cordovan left so many more questions than it answered. Why did we have to give out raid loot? Why did we not make more of a festive occasion? Why not basically anything else? What was the point in naming items after the Devs who are currently working the project while leaving out the rest? How long was this being planned? Why tell us about this one week before it's live? Where is the disconnect between the devs and a handful of players and the rest of the community at large?
    Secondlife and Komat of Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumCharisma View Post
    That's the thing though. They did do a Q&A this weekend. But they spoiled none of this stuff beforehand. Basically they didn't want to spoil the "surprise".

Which is why I honestly thought at first that this was trolling by Lama folks. Then, we get one post saying bascially "Hey we had to give out raid loot because that's the only way to celebrate."

That original post by Cordovan left so many more questions than it answered. Why did we have to give out raid loot? Why did we not make more of a festive occasion? Why not basically anything else? What was the point in naming items after the Devs who are currently working the project while leaving out the rest? How long was this being planned? Why tell us about this one week before it's live? Where is the disconnect between the devs and a handful of players and the rest of the community at large?

Well said.

Community Member

There has been a year to prepare for this 10th anniversary, and if Cordovan was actually answering questions I would be fine with that but if you look at the interaction after the first Lamms last week that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedar View Post
    There has been a year to prepare for this 10th anniversary, and if Cordovan was actually answering questions I would be fine with that but if you look at the interaction after the first Lamms last week that didn't happen.
    So ask him again, point blank. I've seen a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth, but not a lot of intelligent, direct questions. The latter will likely get an answer. The former is not necessarily worth acknowledging.

~Ascent~

Default hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yeah, that's a good point. We can look at removing Minos Legens from the list.
    maybe not remove but make em all mytical....

and add those dang blasted shards...

and tovaens hammer aint the hard part... the top end cell and upgrade mats are the isse

cuz right now the only thing i am thinking is yay another reason to not delete a mule raiders reward box eternal pots of hero and random raid loot.... cuz i can farm or have farmed most of that list on atleast one of my toons..... if they were mythic versions of said items that would make the choice much more difficult....

Why we dont have a http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Six_Year_Old_Cake style
    But upated to new itens and change to 10 Year Old Cake
    choose one:

-10AS
    -2 tomes +5 (total 10)
    -Greater Slayer Count Boost (+50%) x10 - BTC
    -Superior Experience Elixir x10 - BTA
    -Concentrated "Best" (405-600sp) SP potions x50 - BTA
    -Concentrated "Regular" (25-145sp) SP potions x200 - BTC
    -Healing potions x200 - Cure Serious Wounds CL7 - "Store Heal" Variety that works equal on Warforged BTC
    -Healing potions x800 - Cure Light Wounds CL1 - "Starter Heal" Variety that works equal on Warforged BTC
    -Siberys Spirit Cake x10 (Resurrection) - BTA
    -Crafting XP Elixir x10 - (Major, +50%) BTA
    -Guild Renown Elixir x10 - (Medium, +50%) BTA
    -Ethereal Rest Shrine 3x - (Eberron shard/Store variety, not usable in raids) BTA
    -Skill tomes +5 x3
    -Mysterious Remnant x10000

Community Member

Default Quite Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by sjbb87 View Post
    Why we dont have a http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Six_Year_Old_Cake style
    But upated to new itens and change to 10 Year Old Cake
    choose one:

-10AS
    -2 tomes +5 (total 10)
    -Greater Slayer Count Boost (+50%) x10 - BTC
    -Superior Experience Elixir x10 - BTA
    -Concentrated "Best" (405-600sp) SP potions x50 - BTA
    -Concentrated "Regular" (25-145sp) SP potions x200 - BTC
    -Healing potions x200 - Cure Serious Wounds CL7 - "Store Heal" Variety that works equal on Warforged BTC
    -Healing potions x800 - Cure Light Wounds CL1 - "Starter Heal" Variety that works equal on Warforged BTC
    -Siberys Spirit Cake x10 (Resurrection) - BTA
    -Crafting XP Elixir x10 - (Major, +50%) BTA
    -Guild Renown Elixir x10 - (Medium, +50%) BTA
    -Ethereal Rest Shrine 3x - (Eberron shard/Store variety, not usable in raids) BTA
    -Skill tomes +5 x3
    -Mysterious Remnant x10000
    I played DDO for years then needed to take a long break. I missed the 9th Anniversary and the cards which looks and sounds like it was pretty great. I was really hoping the 10th Anniversary would be similar and bring back the cards. What is being shown on the DDO Wiki is immensely underwhelming. Why not turn party favors in for a random card?

Crystal Cove was one event that when I came out I played for weeks on end. It was fun and had a lot of nice loot. The treasure maps could yield tomes. There was multiple ways of enjoying the event. This October I hit the Night Revels fairly hard to get the new stuff. But looking at the 10th Anniversary there's just not a whole lot of reason to get involved. Maybe you don't want to give anything really nice away because this is a one time only situation? I was really hoping the 10th Anniversary would be something huge and give another swing at the rewards the 9th dished out. Maybe there's no longer the staff available or the income to justify doing anything major after all, so this all we can afford to give the players after a decade of support.

Community Member MaximumCharisma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrBusiness View Post
    I played DDO for years then needed to take a long break. I missed the 9th Anniversary and the cards which looks and sounds like it was pretty great. I was really hoping the 10th Anniversary would be similar and bring back the cards. What is being shown on the DDO Wiki is immensely underwhelming. Why not turn party favors in for a random card?

Crystal Cove was one event that when I came out I played for weeks on end. It was fun and had a lot of nice loot. The treasure maps could yield tomes. There was multiple ways of enjoying the event. This October I hit the Night Revels fairly hard to get the new stuff. But looking at the 10th Anniversary there's just not a whole lot of reason to get involved. Maybe you don't want to give anything really nice away because this is a one time only situation? I was really hoping the 10th Anniversary would be something huge and give another swing at the rewards the 9th dished out. Maybe there's no longer the staff available or the income to justify doing anything major after all, so this all we can afford to give the players after a decade of support.
    The players at that time took advantage of the trade-able items and were able to mass produce several top end items. It is not uncommon to see a player with hundreds of hours worth of +50% exp pots, 1000's of raid timer bypasses and whatnot. Hell many people have multiple Epic Ring of Spell Storings. I am sure "kobolds remember waterworks".
    Secondlife and Komat of Sarlona

Community Member

Cake rewards choice of Epic Otto Box or Heroic Otto Box or Travelers Trunk.

I'm sure everyone could use one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yeah, that's a good point. We can look at removing Minos Legens from the list.
    I'd like to suggest it's replaced with another of the tome of legend items - specifically, Phosphor. It's nice in it's own right, is a blunt weapon which are fairly underrepresented in builds so will add a little awareness for them, is a useful ooze & rusty beater for mid to high levels (instead of having to resort to muckbane), and as a heavy mace will be a boon to any morninglord builds too.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

I'm sure it's already been said, but high on my list of things I'd like are:

- Mysterious Bauble
    - Epic Ring of Spell Storing

Even just saying it, I feel like I'm dreaming... otherwise, if Turbine is only prepared to give away lower level loot, then it should at least be something that anyone can use at any time (even some capped toons), such as:

- Royal Guard Mask
    - Ring of the Ancestors

Thanks for considering my opinion.
    Jackovall (Completionist Wizard - Life 23/23) -- Gilders PDK Tree build (Life 8/8) -- Zogdor PDK Rogue Mechanic (Life 10/10) -- Taykare Pure Warlock (Life 14/14) -- Sheo Bladeforged Rogue Mechanic (life 12/12) --
    Double Deviants

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    I've been giving you money and time to play this game for 10 years. I want a unique reward for being active for 10 years.

not some old recycled garbage raid loot no one will update from content no one runs anymore.
    Snip
    And then the items from the challenges just underscore this problem. They're worse then the trash I vendor these days. And they're named 10th anniversary items?!
    Ya, totally agree... I was actually thinking there might be something original as a celebration of 10 years. I've always liked the idea of some kind of reward for long-term customers. While I'm not a Founder, I really like the idea of the founder perks, and have always thought there should be more stuff like that. The 10th anniversary should be a big deal, not just for the players, but for the Turbine staff as well. Feels pretty thoroughly MEH to have the big thing be a selection of old forgotten items.

Sure, new players might like it, but I would think you would try to make a 10th anniversary appeal to those players that have actually been supporting this game for 5, or 8, or 10 years. Just my thoughts.. Hope I'm wrong

Just to be clear, I'm not mad or anything, I still enjoy this game after many years. I just kinda figured that there might have be more put into it.
    Last edited by ViolentEnd; 02-23-2016 at 03:19 AM.
    Khyber Server -- New Aundair

Ultimate Lord of Shadows Dreppo's Avatar

Please add Seeker Tap of Spellsight to the list.

Community Member

So ask him again, point blank. I've seen a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth, but not a lot of intelligent, direct questions. The latter will likely get an answer. The former is not necessarily worth acknowledging.
    Oh not to worry Elsbet, out of the 500+ posts from the first week's lama testing there were many many intelligent and very direct questions that went unanswered, and that's not even counting my own to avoid bias! But sadly not only were none of them answered absolutely nothing was done with the feedback as well. As the developers acknowledged at the Dev events' this past weekend no changes at all were made in the initial lamma content other than fixing the TR'd Gnome sizes and giving them two extra noses to choose from.

The fact that the Gnome illusion DC buff is great but can only apply to 2 illusion spells with DCs? Well.... No Change!
    The absence of any 'earth illusionist' spells for the new 'earth illusion' Iconic class?..... No Change!
    The fact that the Deep Gnome SLA DCs are all Int (no Wis) and spell lev based making them only useful to max casters?..... No Change!
    The conjure stone spellpower bug?.... No Change!
    The 'hidden' calculation for a Tier V, Final strike, making it the 'slot-machine' of enhancements?..... No Change!
    The Gnome racial weapons not being the Gnomish weapon training weapons?..... No Change!
    The Elf AA threat range being broken?... No Change!
    The unintended Power creep of giving Mechs a repeater threat range? via Gnomish weapons?.... No Change!
    The Forgotten realms Deep Gnomes not having Access to Drow as a favored enemy? (cough...Canon devs...cough cough).... No Change!

And that's just the highlights that can be found in only just the first 120 posts of the 500+ that were all ignored and never answered.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast