Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    is it ok to post a warning for newer players on the main section of the forum to warn newbies about this trap?
    Or do i need to wait untill the nda is lifted and it's too late to warn them?
    Dude they are not monkeys.

I thought you were fine with this list. Is the list ok or is it a newbies trap?
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    I still don't get it. How is it a trap? It is a bunch of free stuff that anyone can mouseover and read the description....when I was new I wasn't even reading the forums....it is not like they will magically become gimp when they take one of the items....
    No they won't magically become gimp but they also won't be taking the ultra-rare item they may never ever see drop! Instead taking an item everyone goes on and on about in-game that is a guaranteed end reward the very first time and every time thereafter you run the chain {VOICE!}.

How many F2P newbies are going to fall into that trap?

the answer is far far too many!

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    No they won't magically become gimp but they also won't be taking the ultra-rare item they may never ever see drop! Instead taking an item everyone goes on and on about in-game that is a guaranteed end reward the very first time and every time thereafter you run the chain {VOICE!}.

Why everyone talks about newbie as if they were some kind of 5 years old kid with absolutely no brain?

If I see a choice of free items and idk which one I want, I open up google. Thats what 99% of them will do. Stop thinking about newbies as some kind of ****ing potato.

I have Litany, Ardency, the quiver, Kundarak boots, the helm, multiple CitW items but I never got the Voice of the Master because I don't have the pack...yet you are saying it is a guaranteed loot drop....for f2p players....yeah.... I am gonna probably fall into the newbie trap too lol

I still don't get it. How is it a trap? It is a bunch of free stuff that anyone can mouseover and read the description....when I was new I wasn't even reading the forums....it is not like they will magically become gimp when they take one of the items....
    not what i was asking.....
    but, most of it is a newbie trap, many of these raids aren't run anymore so getting the items to upgrade them will be hard to impossible leading to unneeded frustration.
    similar to when newbies got stoned to lv 16 and got stuck there
    furthermore, you're not every newbie, some of them still do read the motherboards, and warn others in their cesspool guilds

I did mention this a few posts back.........
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

not what i was asking.....
    but, most of it is a newbie trap, many of these raids aren't run anymore so getting the items to upgrade them will be hard to impossible leading to unneeded frustration.
    similar to when newbies got stoned to lv 16 and got stuck there
    furthermore, you're not every newbie, some of them still do read the motherboards, and warn others in their cesspool guilds

I did mention this a few posts back.........
    So I am not every newbie and yet you somehow feel to be titled to know them well. The CitW weapons are good even non upgraded and so is e.g. Litany or the Ardency which you didn't comment well either. Why do you think your advices are good for the newbies? The choice highly depends on their playstyle and the build.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Why everyone talks about newbie as if they were some kind of 5 years old kid with absolutely no brain?

If I see a choice of free items and idk which one I want, I open up google. Thats what 99% of them will do. Stop thinking about newbies as some kind of ****ing potato.
    sadly, history proved you wrong.
    Many people here and in game expressed their disappointment on wrong choices in ddo due to being misinformed.,

I have Litany, Ardency, the quiver, Kundarak boots, the helm, multiple CitW items but I never got the Voice of the Master because I don't have the pack...yet you are saying it is a guaranteed loot drop....for f2p players....yeah.... I am gonna probably fall into the newbie trap too lol
    strawman argument, i never said f2p
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

strawman argument, i never said f2p
    I was also replying to Fran.

There you go:

Last edited by Rys; 02-22-2016 at 09:06 AM.

sadly, history proved you wrong.
    Many people here and in game expressed their disappointment on wrong choices in ddo due to being misinformed.,
    Oh yeah, that history that cannot be documented. "Many people here and in game" I bet they were all your friends and complained to you. And even if so, how the **** is that Developers fault? I mean, this list is BS for many reasons but "NEWBIES WILL FALL FOR THIS TRAP OMG WE GOTTA STOP THIS GIGANTIC BOMB" is not one of them.

This just proves that some people are actually potatoes. However, that is not related to them being newbies or not, it's just the way it works.

You know what I did what I was a newbie and didn't know what something did or where to get an item that I saw from someone else? I opened, drum rolls, GOOGLE *insert surprised chorus here*.

Community Member

many of these raids aren't run anymore so getting the items to upgrade them will be hard to impossible
    Isn't there now some kind of turn-in available to upgrade heroic Gianthold and/or Necro raid gear without stepping into the raids?

So I am not every newbie and yet you somehow feel to be titled to know them well. The CitW weapons are good even non upgraded and so is e.g. Litany or the Ardency which you didn't comment well either. Why do you think your advices are good for the newbies? The choice highly depends on their playstyle and the build.
    gee, because i play(ed) with many of them? saw a few leave after being stuck at 16
    Sure the CitW weapons are nice, however they are half done and at some point they want to upgrade it, leading to dead raids and frustration.
    Have you bothered to read the entire thread? More people then just me have pointed this out multiple times

As for the Abbot bow, it's nice, not a must have, especially if you can't upgrade it since the raid is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Isn't there now some kind of turn-in available to upgrade heroic Gianthold and/or Necro raid gear without stepping into the raids?
    Forgot about it but some other poster pointed out already that you can. Both Necro and Gianthold.

gee, because i play(ed) with many of them? saw a few leave after being stuck at 16
    Sure the CitW weapons are nice, however they are half done and at some point they want to upgrade it, leading to dead raids and frustration.
    Have you bothered to read the entire thread? More people then just me have pointed this out multiple times

As for the Abbot bow, it's nice, not a must have, especially if you can't upgrade it since the raid is dead.
    So short in short...all the items suck, can we scrap the idea of giving out the named loot and make a new list of some cosmetics or augments or whatever? Thanks.

Man, they not only complained to you but you also played with many of them? And you also saw them leaving after being stuck at 16! You have seen them all.

Is litany bad too? Just askin Cause I'm not sure you know what you are talking about at this point

You mean you and few others posters, while everything is stating what kind of bs this list is? We have definitely noticed that, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    20 black/blue/white dragonscales
    a full shield or or tome, yeah thats gone hapen anytime soon

Oh yeah, that history that cannot be documented. "Many people here and in game" I bet they were all your friends and complained to you. And even if so, how the **** is that Developers fault? I mean, this list is BS for many reasons but "NEWBIES WILL FALL FOR THIS TRAP OMG WE GOTTA STOP THIS GIGANTIC BOMB" is not one of them.

This just proves that some people are actually potatoes. However, that is not related to them being newbies or not, it's just the way it works.

You know what I did what I was a newbie and didn't know what something did or where to get an item that I saw from someone else? I opened, drum rolls, GOOGLE *insert surprised chorus here*.
    blowing things a bit out of proportion there? *"NEWBIES WILL FALL FOR THIS TRAP OMG WE GOTTA STOP THIS GIGANTIC BOMB" *

Not everyone has access to this thread, putting it on the main page might save a few from a terrible choice.
    Not every one will act like you do and google it
    Last edited by lyrecono; 02-22-2016 at 09:30 AM.

blowing things a bit out of proportion there? *"NEWBIES WILL FALL FOR THIS TRAP OMG WE GOTTA STOP THIS GIGANTIC BOMB" *

Not everyone has access to this thread, putting it on the main page might save a few from a terrible choice.
    Not every one will act like you do and google it
    But they will come to the forum instead so that your post will magically save them. Ah, ok. They sure are potatoes.

Looking at your join date you've been here barely 2 years and yet you're saying you already have Litany, Ardency, Quiver of Alacrity, Kundarak Boots, Multiple CitW items and a Minos {OK that last one isn't difficult for someone who's run Abbot literally 60 times in a year!}.

Or maybe your join date is wrong and you've been here much longer than that whereas I'm going to ask HOW have you never ran Deleras....Not even once? Not even on a Guest Pass?
    But then again....There's more ways to get that 5% xp now - Mantle of course, the Evil version the devs added in a recent update and I think at least one more.

And for people like yourself who already have every ultra rare must have item on the list surely you'd prefer the Devs put in options for you that aren't blatant newbie traps?

Man, they not only complained to you but you also played with many of them? And you also saw them leaving after being stuck at 16! You have seen them all.

Yeah, hard to believe but there is a chat function in ddo, you can actually communicate with other, give it a try, you might like it

Is litany bad too? Just askin Cause I'm not sure you know what you are talking about at this point

You mean you and few others posters, while everything is stating what kind of bs this list is? We have definitely noticed that, indeed.
    never said it(litany) was bad, i said it's no longer a must have and it's too hard for newbies to upgrade it.

yes, some newer player do read the forum (though rarely post)
    a warning post might help a few out to make an informed decision.

But they will come to the forum instead so that your post will magically save them. Ah, ok. They sure are potatoes.
    isn't calling people potatoes against the community guidelines?

never said it(litany) was bad, i said it's no longer a must have and it's too hard for newbies to upgrade it.
    All the upgrade does is remove Taint of Evil.

Players have been working around Taint of Evil for years regarding multiple items not just Litany.

The Quiver is actually worse in this regard because the Upgrade gives the ability that's viable for everyone {30% Striding} while the unupgraded item is only useful for Ranged Characters.
    If they were giving away the upgraded quiver every single one of my characters would take it! As things stand though I'm never going to get enough Seals of the Abbot to upgrade it on 15 characters never mind the 50+ I have so only the actual Ranged Characters will take it.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast