Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Hatchery

In reaper:

+2 to all stats with a reaper bonus hat, so +1 all DCs.

+3 DC's in reaper with reaper tree

+4 casting stat through reaper trees

Net gain +6 DCs in reaper.

I recently discovered Embolden Spell does not apply to some things it should. Greater Shout and Burst of Glacial Wrath are two I know.

The Hatchery

Also the spreadsheet is broken and outdated, it's just a rough picture at this point. Max DC for everyone is somewhere north of 110 (in reaper) with everything.

So I saw Exalted Angel and Sacred whatever for stat bonus ... but from a buff standpoint Ascendance (and thus Reborn in Light) give +2 to Wis and Cha ... Thus with those on one can get +8 Wis or +10 to Cha alone from that ED.

Solid breakdown! As a potential large uptime bonus, did you consider including +1 festive stat cookies from Anniversary Dungeon? Making 3 minute runs you can get 80 (20 hours worth) every hour, so someone who farms this an hour a day for the next 2 weeks could get 240 hours worth of cookies. This doesn't matter to Int/Wis casters (Doesn't stack with revels augments) but for a charisma caster it's +1 charisma, which is potentially +1 DC.
    Dazling of Cannith

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorrd View Post
    So I saw Exalted Angel and Sacred whatever for stat bonus ... but from a buff standpoint Ascendance (and thus Reborn in Light) give +2 to Wis and Cha ... Thus with those on one can get +8 Wis or +10 to Cha alone from that ED.
    Those are included.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastyswa View Post
    Solid breakdown! As a potential large uptime bonus, did you consider including +1 festive stat cookies from Anniversary Dungeon? Making 3 minute runs you can get 80 (20 hours worth) every hour, so someone who farms this an hour a day for the next 2 weeks could get 240 hours worth of cookies. This doesn't matter to Int/Wis casters (Doesn't stack with revels augments) but for a charisma caster it's +1 charisma, which is potentially +1 DC.
    I hate including stuff like that since it won't be useful to people who didn't farm it right now as it's available.

I'm gonna try and revamp all of this tonight. I also want to include all levels, 1 to 30.

The Hatchery

I've decided to revive this thread. The "everything at all levels" thread didn't get any involvement and is way beyond the work I want to put into a guide for this game. I will update this thread with DC's at all levels though.

2014 DDO Players Council

Any particular reason you've left out Abjuration DCs? I think every class you have listed except Bard has at least one offensive Abjuration spell with a save.

Any reason not to include Ranger? They have several DC-based offensive spells. (E.g., Charm/Hold Animal, Entangle.)

(I guess, technically, even Paladins have spells that can be used offensively that have saves...Cure spells cast against Undead have a save for half damage. But probably nobody cares about a Paladin's Cure DC.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post

Any reason not to include Ranger? They have several DC-based offensive spells. (E.g., Charm/Hold Animal, Entangle.)
    Nobody build for that, though some so build for imbue DCs and it worked out amazing.

The Hatchery

Any particular reason you've left out Abjuration DCs? I think every class you have listed except Bard has at least one offensive Abjuration spell with a save.

(I guess, technically, even Paladins have spells that can be used offensively that have saves...Cure spells cast against Undead have a save for half damage. But probably nobody cares about a Paladin's Cure DC.)
    Because no one builds for Ranger DC casting, and no one builds for Abjuration DCs (tbh even including Transmutation DC is a stretch, you'd really only do a heavy spec in that in Reaper MoD I guess.) This guide is really meant for people who are trying to get as high as possible in one school, and generally that is only done with a few schools.

Simply I just don't want a bunch of information in this guide that I don't think will ever be used. Furthermore, if someone really did want to build for something like that, the spreadsheet includes most of the information they'll need to easily find it themselves. For example, if I really wanted to know how high a lvl7 pure ranger's Entangle DC could get, I'd just take from the spreadsheet:
    DC (all): +16
    Stat (all): 45 (+17)
    spell level: +1
    for 34 DC. Could be 35 depending on how AP spending works out. This sounds about right when dedicated casters are at about 38-39.

The Hatchery

I just realized that if you want to build a DC sorcerer, then tier 5 Harper is better cause it gives higher Necro/Enchantment DC. I won't put this in the spreadsheet, but I'll just note it.

The Hatchery

u36 gives us +18 WIS and +18 INT items at ml28, as well as an insightful +4 Illusion DC item.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    Because no one builds for...
    I wouldn't say nobody, but, OK, fair enough; they certainly are rarer options.

I was just confused the title saying things liked "Comprehensive" and "all classes", instead of just "DC breakdown for common builds" if that's what it's really intended to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

The Hatchery

I wouldn't say nobody, but, OK, fair enough; they certainly are rarer options.

I was just confused the title saying things liked "Comprehensive" and "all classes", instead of just "DC breakdown for common builds" if that's what it's really intended to be.
    Yeah the title is a misnomer, should have said "all casters."

And, by common builds, you mean "all pure casters in all schools of magic they could reasonably use." But again, for someone wanting to find Spike Growth DC or whatever, the spreadsheet has all the information they need.

Sovereign Vorpal Halfling of Supreme Good scipiojedi's Avatar

Thanks for this - I'm trying to figure out an Abjuration build since I never see them and with all the devil stuff you'd think they would be effective at cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Working for free makes it very difficult to spend money on swords.
    https://www.twitch.tv/romanragnorak/
    YouTube Channel
    -My main is Jobus on Khyber but I do play my alts regularly -

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by scipiojedi View Post
    Thanks for this - I'm trying to figure out an Abjuration build since I never see them and with all the devil stuff you'd think they would be effective at cap.
    Dismissal/Banishment DC scales with mob hit die so unfortunately they're not very good in epics.

The Hatchery

Updated with cleric domains and non-raid u37 items.

~~~Tome~~~

....+3
    ....+4
    1....+4

Default Thank you +1

+1 Very useful

...now, about those Ravenloft updates...

:-)

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by Ewynn View Post
    +1 Very useful

...now, about those Ravenloft updates...

:-)
    I'm working on a re-organization of how I display the breakdown.

I made this cruddy spreadsheet a couple years ago now and it's been alright, but I think it could be a lot better as far as usability goes. Ideally it would not be a hastily made spreadsheet.

Main things:
    -"you can have an insight bonus of +2 to your DC at lvl 14" is very unhelpful information. "Skulled Ring from A Raven at the Door, or Cannith Crafting on Goggles/Ring/whateveritcanbeon, are your options for Insightful Necromancy at this level" is much better
    -including bonuses like the default +2 every Enhancement tree gets, or what races what stat bonus, or that Destinies gives +6 to a stat by default, etc. is pointless to include. Anyone reasonably familiar with DDO knows this information and it clutters up the main information I want to display.
    -includes all bonuses, and it's not very clear that it's ALL bonuses, minus some 'unreasonable' ones that I arbitrarily dictated were more unreasonable than taking all of focus/greater focus/epic focus/embolden/bard pl/wiz pl while using an alchemical weapon for an Enchantment-based cleric.

I'm thinking of things that can replace it, but whatever it is it would be some web interface where you input your class level and what school you're looking for bonuses for, and it would spit out a list of everything that can improve your DC and where it can be obtained.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12