Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Max level chest?

Greetings,

It is my understanding that the max level chest is 40 at the moment.

I believe the current best you can do would be:
    LE raid = 34
    Ship +1
    Jewel +2
    Blesser +1
    Pirate Map +1
    Loot bonus weekend +2

Thats a total of 40 though the pirate map is not really sustainable so more like a sustainable max of 40.
    During anything but a loot weekend its 38.
    If you dont like farming LE raids for random loot its either LE quests or LH raids for 37.
    If you go with LN raids, LH quests or U27/U28 EE quests you are down to 36.

Would the above be correct or am I missing something?
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    Greetings,

LE raid = 34
    Ship +1
    Jewel +2
    Blesser +1
    Pirate Map +1
    Loot bonus weekend +2

Thats a total of 40 though the pirate map is not really sustainable so more like a sustainable max of 40.
    If you dont like farming LE raids for random loot its either LE quests or LH raids for 37.

I think you mean 41 is the highest?

34 - LE Raid
    +1 =35 - Ship
    +2 =37 - Jewel
    +1 =38 - Blesser
    +1 =39 - Pirate Map
    +2 =41 - Loot bonus weekend

I don't really know of any other sources. All I feel I can comment on is the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Maquist View Post

34 - LE Raid
    +1 =35 - Ship
    +2 =37 - Jewel
    +1 =38 - Blesser
    +1 =39 - Pirate Map

I don't really know of any other sources. All I feel I can comment on is the math.
    The bonusses add up to 41 assuming I have the correct list, but the chest level is 40 as per some Dev post awhile ago. So I did infact mean 40.

2015 DDO Players Council

The bonusses add up to 41 assuming I have the correct list, but the chest level is 40 as per some Dev post awhile ago. So I did infact mean 40.
    Ok. I didn't know that. But that is very good to know.

Also, I added it up three times before posting, and once more while writing up the post because I was sure that something had slipped my attention.

Community Member

Quite some time ago, they introduced a cap on chest level. It was toon level + 4. That means that regardless of all your other buffs, the cap is 34.

I have no idea if this cap still stands -it certainly did when tome drops were plentiful and highly deterministic but that was years ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by bracelet View Post
    Quite some time ago, they introduced a cap on chest level. It was toon level + 4. That means that regardless of all your other buffs, the cap is 34.

I have no idea if this cap still stands -it certainly did when tome drops were plentiful and highly deterministic but that was years ago now.
    "New randomly-generated loot system is now available! Our system of randomly-generated loot has been renovated from level 1 all the way up to level 40."

https://www.ddo.com/en/U29

We can not see loot levels so we can not verify what is or is not dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymunchkin View Post
    We can not see loot levels so we can not verify what is or is not dropping.
    I thought one could tell base on the amount of gold/plat in the chest...

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    I thought one could tell base on the amount of gold/plat in the chest...
    Based on plat/gold it looks like chests still cap at character level +5 (tested with a level 20 char a few days ago) or (30 + guild boost + jewel boost), whichever is lower. Looking at tempest spine videos all of the plat/gold ranges from 31-33 consistent with that (everyone running with guild boost plus 0-2 jewel bonus).

I've read that people feel like there is a difference between LH and LE loot. The gold/plat doesn't back that up. So it could be placebo or separate legendary normal/hard/elite loot modifiers that don't affect coinage?

I was going to test end rewards with a level 20 to see if they cap but haven't gotten around to it (you would run a level 30 quest and see what min level items you get).

I would guess that chests are giving 30-33 loot and end rewards are giving 34 loot (on LE since boosts don't affect end rewards) with a +2 loot boost weekend giving 36 loot (but not affecting chest level because loot boost weekends and chest blessing would not increase a chest past level 30 in the past). This would go along with people mainly getting +15 stat items from end rewards now.

I'd love to be wrong. On the other hand if there are 6 more loot levels we haven't seen yet then I shudder to see what items drop on those tables given what is already on the auction house.

Founder

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Epic-Loot-Caps

Here was the thread I posted before.

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    Based on plat/gold it looks like chests still cap at character level +5 (tested with a level 20 char a few days ago) or (30 + guild boost + jewel boost), whichever is lower. Looking at tempest spine videos all of the plat/gold ranges from 31-33 consistent with that (everyone running with guild boost plus 0-2 jewel bonus).

I've read that people feel like there is a difference between LH and LE loot. The gold/plat doesn't back that up. So it could be placebo or separate legendary normal/hard/elite loot modifiers that don't affect coinage?

I was going to test end rewards with a level 20 to see if they cap but haven't gotten around to it (you would run a level 30 quest and see what min level items you get).

I would guess that chests are giving 30-33 loot and end rewards are giving 34 loot (on LE since boosts don't affect end rewards) with a +2 loot boost weekend giving 36 loot (but not affecting chest level because loot boost weekends and chest blessing would not increase a chest past level 30 in the past). This would go along with people mainly getting +15 stat items from end rewards now.

I'd love to be wrong. On the other hand if there are 6 more loot levels we haven't seen yet then I shudder to see what items drop on those tables given what is already on the auction house.
    Would running that lvl 20 with a group of lvl 30s (in some content where they're {theoretically?} not capped by quest level) be a good comparison test? I figure rather than looking at plat values on the assumption that those tables haven't changed, you could compare pulls side by side of the higher level characters vs the lower level character - if the 20 & 30s are getting equal loot then I'd think that'd indicate the "character lvl +X" cap is gone, if the 20 is getting Noticably worse loot than the 30s then the "character lvl +X" cap is in place.

Or would the above be incorrect?
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Would running that lvl 20 with a group of lvl 30s (in some content where they're {theoretically?} not capped by quest level) be a good comparison test? I figure rather than looking at plat values on the assumption that those tables haven't changed, you could compare pulls side by side of the higher level characters vs the lower level character - if the 20 & 30s are getting equal loot then I'd think that'd indicate the "character lvl +X" cap is gone, if the 20 is getting Noticably worse loot than the 30s then the "character lvl +X" cap is in place.

Or would the above be incorrect?
    I know last night my level 23 character was still getting ML 30 items out of LH tempest spine. Only loot boost I had was the ship one. I don't know about the quality of the loot but at least the ML doesn't seem to be capped, or at least has a higher cap now.

This still seems to be in place. I ran LN-TS on a level 20 toon yesterday, with ship buffs & a +1 loot gem running. And all the loot I pulled from chests ranged between ML 23-25. I pulled one augment that was level 20.

The turn-in reward items were all ML 30 though.

What I really think should be added is that once you have looted a chest it will show in text what loot level is has for you.
    That would help dispel many myths by simply letting us know the plain facts.

Community Manager

Greetings,

LE raid = 34
    Ship +1
    Jewel +2
    Blesser +1
    Pirate Map +1
    Loot bonus weekend +2

Quote Originally Posted by Maquist View Post

34 - LE Raid
    +1 =35 - Ship
    +2 =37 - Jewel
    +1 =38 - Blesser
    +1 =39 - Pirate Map

The current loot level cap is 40, so yes, technically on a +2 Loot bonus weekend if you max things out you are one over when running a level 34 LE raid.

We do not have a cap based on character level.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The current loot level cap is 40, so yes, technically on a +2 Loot bonus weekend if you max things out you are one over when running a level 34 LE raid.

We do not have a cap based on character level.
    Then why are we still getting Lesser mnemonics in level 40 chests? Personally I don't care as I horded mine over the years and have a good supply if needed, but for new people this down right sucks.
    Main toons: IronThatcher (tank & box breaker for inquisitives), Mehhh (ranger)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am the dumb.

Community Member

Default Sliding window

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    Then why are we still getting Lesser mnemonics in level 40 chests? Personally I don't care as I horded mine over the years and have a good supply if needed, but for new people this down right sucks.
    Excellent question, and I would concur. There should be a sliding-window type implementation where the min level of the loot should increase along with the max to some satisfactory degree. I think Lesser mnemonic pots would definitely fall outside the realm of satisfactory loot for Legendary content.

That being said, however, I think it would be better if consumables such as pots/plat/arrows/bolts/scrolls actually generate outside of the loot tables. i.e. They are extra things you get IN ADDITION to the random loot table defined for that chest. Were that the case, a couple things could/should follow, IMO: A) you should never ONLY get plat/pots/arrows/scrolls/etc from a chest and B) consumables could be of any level.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    Then why are we still getting Lesser mnemonics in level 40 chests?
    It's the evil RNG!

Someone must have rolled a 1.

The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1--2 -3 -4 -5--6 -7 -8--9--10 -11-12 13 14! 15 16 17 years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Community Member

Angry

The same reason this stuff happens.
    And during a +2 server bonus,

What I take from this is, Quest chests have a min/max level and you get loot between them. Some quests are 30/30 and some are 20/30. How else would I get 26 on a 36 chest?
    Vasax The Epic, Celebrity of Ghallanda @ THE PODCAST!, THE TWITCH.tv!
    Future Features and Functionality @ Running List of Ideas, Things you will never see in DDO, Creature Companions & Bonuses
    Adventure Packs @ The Sharn Dojo, The Droaam Connection

Founder

Ok during +2 loot boost.

Level 21 character in level 30 quest (mask).

Chest with 511 plat (consistent with level 26 chest or character level +5), level 26 item, level 27 item.

End reward ALL level 30 items.
    No ransack.

That is consistent with chests capping but end rewards not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast