Default QoL: Update Shared Crafting Storage Service and Interface and General UI

Shared Crafting Storage:
    • Up the stack size for everything by at least one decimal place. This includes ammunition because it is used in crafting.
    • Increase stack size even more for things that are currently single stacking like crystal shards.
    • Since scrolls and potions are used in (trap) crafting, allow scrolls and potions to be stored in it.
    • Add categories (like image below from alternate backpack view) to help find things. Include tabs for Ammunition, Cannith, Green Steel, etc.
    • Bug: Adamantine Ore won't go into crafting storage - is used in cannith (and other) crafting - so should be able to be stored in shared crafting bank. (Bug #24027-110539 )
    • add << and >> buttons for quickly going to first / last page of shared bank and shared crafting storage.

General UI QoL:
    • Heroic and Epic Saga Chalices – make them two colors and sizes in order to easily differentiate between them. Can't just be color because of ADA / color blind players.

General QoL:
    • Add high level rogue traps that use rare scrolls, such as cometfall, symbol of pain, symbol of death, Otto's Irresistible Dancing Ball, etc.

Clarifications:

• scrolls and potions are used in crafting - trap making.
    • many things besides crafting stuff goes into shared crafting storage. In fact, anything that fits into a bag (except cookie jar) goes into the formerly known as 'shared bank bag'. This includes everything from the collectables bag, the gem bag, the augment bag, the ingredient bag, and the quiver bag.

What are your comments and suggestions? Let us discuss this further.

Links to other QoL update threads:

Community Member

Why isn't this thread and all the other threads in the suggestion forum?
    Actually, why is EVERY thread you've posted with suggestions in the past months not in the suggestion forum? So we won't be able to find them afterwards by searching the appropriate forum?
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Quote Originally Posted by Faltout View Post
    Actually, why is EVERY thread you've posted with suggestions in the past months not in the suggestion forum? So we won't be able to find them afterwards by searching the appropriate forum?
    who reads those forum topics? I don't. I put them in general so the f2p can see and comment on them as well.

And I have put a nice little see also link list and they are also listed on 'Uurlock's Windmill's to Tilt At' Wiki page: http://ddowiki.com/page/User:Uurlock/Sandbox

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    who reads those forum topics?
    The ones that want to see suggestions and ideas... duh?

I put them in general so the f2p can see and comment on them as well.
    I am f2p and I can post and create threads in suggestions as well. Lamannia as well, although irrelevant. I don't know if there's any section where f2p can't post.

And I have put a nice little see also link list and they are also listed on 'Uurlock's Windmill's to Tilt At' Wiki page: http://ddowiki.com/page/User:Uurlock/Sandbox
    Which doesn't help if we want to search for a specific idea. We don't generally distinguish between Uurlock ideas and others' ideas.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

The ones that want to see suggestions and ideas... duh?

I am f2p and I can post and create threads in suggestions as well. Lamannia as well, although irrelevant. I don't know if there's any section where f2p can't post.

Which doesn't help if we want to search for a specific idea. We don't generally distinguish between Uurlock ideas and others' ideas.
    excellent points.

Search all threads also will bring these - and I know I rarely search one specific thread because of numerous personal foibles.

Community Member

Search all threads also will bring these - and I know I rarely search one specific thread because of numerous personal foibles.
    The search is very funky (result display is a nightmare) and not reliable when you don't remember exact distinctive words. That's why we apply additional parameters like the forum section the thread is likely to be, poster name and in case all else fails, I search all the threads in that section manually using CTRL+F.

The reason I'm mentioning all that is that 2 times now I've had the need to search a thread that had a suggestion in it and could not find it. I remembered the month the thread was posted, but not much else. So, I went to the suggestions and searched all the threads to no avail. I figured it must have been in general discussion or the thread title did not resemble the idea and I quit the search because you can't find anything in general discussion.

So, post the threads in their appropriate section and with an appropriate title please.

The search is very funky (result display is a nightmare) and not reliable when you don't remember exact distinctive words. That's why we apply additional parameters like the forum section the thread is likely to be, poster name and in case all else fails, I search all the threads in that section manually using CTRL+F.

The reason I'm mentioning all that is that 2 times now I've had the need to search a thread that had a suggestion in it and could not find it. I remembered the month the thread was posted, but not much else. So, I went to the suggestions and searched all the threads to no avail. I figured it must have been in general discussion or the thread title did not resemble the idea and I quit the search because you can't find anything in general discussion.

So, post the threads in their appropriate section and with an appropriate title please.
    Search wonky? I just press control+A and can read them - or better yet - the best meta-ddo-search -google.

This is in the appropriate section, as it is concerning General DDO Discussion.

Are you f2p or premium? Subtle difference. Premium has access to all those forums, I do not remember if f2p also does.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

I'd rather have a level restriction on the personal inventory search just like we have when searching in the AH.
    So two boxes where we can fill in the min level and the max level.

And as always I'd like to have more inventory space and more bank space.

From DDOWiki:

• Free To Play accounts can only post on the General Forum and a few sub-forums, can store only 10 private messages, cannot give reputation for posts, and receive a permanent ban for two infractions regardless of severity.

So in order for F2P players to participate in this discussion, the discussion needs to happen in the General section of the forums, which General DDO Discussions is in, but the Suggestions and Ideas section is not. Even so, the thread is in a suitable discussion area IMHO.

So can we get back on the OP topic?

Ill give a good reason to post in suggestions: the answers usually havesomethi g to do with yiur OP.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member changelingamuck's Avatar

I feel like it would've been advisable to wait to make suggestions about crafting issues until we know what Cannith crafting will actually involve, considering it's only one update away, but okay.

• Up the stack size for everything by at least one decimal place. This includes ammunition because it is used in crafting.
    • Since scrolls and potions are used in crafting, allow scrolls and potions to be stored in it.
    Would be nice, but we don't even know if updated Cannith crafting will still use ammunition, scrolls, and potions.

• Add categories (like image below from alternate backpack view) to help find things. Include tabs for Ammunition, Cannith, Green Steel, etc.
    Would also be nice, but if we don't have categories for TR caches and the shared bank, I really doubt we'd get them for the crafting storage. It's really already devoted to one single category--crafting items.

General UI QoL:
    • Heroic and Epic Saga Chalices – make them two colors and sizes in order to easily differentiate between them. Can't just be color because of ADA / color blind players.
    Not sure if the Americans with Disabilities act really applies to website design. But yeah, if they do some minor QoL, this would be nice.

General QoL:
    • Add high level rogue traps that use rare scrolls, such as cometfall, symbol of pain, symbol of death, Otto's Irresistible Dancing Ball, etc.
    I really hope they never do this at all. If they did, I'd hope that the ability to craft these would be placed in the level 20 Mechanic enhancement capstone. It most definitely shouldn't be available to any character with the Trapmaking feat considering how easy that is to splash. Symbol of Death and Otto's Irresistable Dance don't require saves. Giving the ability to create those traps would be like giving those characters a spellbook and adding those spells. I don't think it's a good thing when classes gain the abilities that are the traditional provinces of other classes. I already don't like the fact that we have soooo many unlimited wands and scrolls available all the time from vendors to characters with UMD.

Anyways, I vote a resounding please no.

It also bothers me that people don't make any effort to post in the appropriate subforums. I always assumed that people tend to post everything in the general forums in order to get more attention. I wasn't aware that F2P players can't participate in discussions within certain subforums... but I'd guess that the people who are on the forums and looking to actually participate in threads will most likely be at least Premium anyways...

This thread doesn't fall into this category; but what really drives me crazy is the bazillion threads that people start entitled "Dear Devs..." or "Hey Devs..." or "Dev Comment Please..." and they're posted in the General Forum. It's like, not only are they posting a suggestion; but they're also writing a message to specific recipients on a public forum. These are community forums, not your personal e-mails to the people working at Turbine. *sigh* Normally moderators on discussion forums do things like move messages to appropriate subforums and give reminders to posters to post in the appropriate subforums. Not sure why we don't have volunteer moderators here.

clarifications:

scrolls and potions are used in crafting - trap making.

many things besides crafting stuff goes into shared crafting storage. In fact, anything that fits into a bag (except cookie jar) goes into the formerly known as 'shared bank bag'. This includes everything from the collectables bag, the gem bag, the augment bag, the ingredient bag, and the quiver bag.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmits View Post
    Are you f2p or premium? Subtle difference. Premium has access to all those forums, I do not remember if f2p also does.
    f2p, not premium. I know the difference.
    From DDOWiki:

• Free To Play accounts can only post on the General Forum and a few sub-forums, can store only 10 private messages, cannot give reputation for posts, and receive a permanent ban for two infractions regardless of severity.

So in order for F2P players to participate in this discussion, the discussion needs to happen in the General section of the forums, which General DDO Discussions is in, but the Suggestions and Ideas section is not. Even so, the thread is in a suitable discussion area IMHO.

So can we get back on the OP topic?
    I removed that line from the wiki since it's confusing and probably was outdated from 2009. Private messages may be correct, reputation is correct, forum access is not. If you find any section that free players don't have access to, please update. But do know that we have access even to the lamannia discussions.

So please post future suggestion threads in the suggestions forum. thank you.

Default SO Back On Topic: What are your comments and suggestions? Let us discuss this further

Shared Crafting Storage:
    • Increase stack size even more for things that are currently single stacking like crystal shards.
    • Since scrolls and potions are used in (trap) crafting, allow scrolls and potions to be stored in it.

General UI QoL:

General QoL:

Clarifications:

• scrolls and potions are used in crafting - trap making.
    • many things besides crafting stuff goes into shared crafting storage. In fact, anything that fits into a bag (except cookie jar) goes into the formerly known as 'shared bank bag'. This includes everything from the collectables bag, the gem bag, the augment bag, the ingredient bag, and the quiver bag.

What are your comments and suggestions? Let us discuss this further.

Links to other QoL update threads:

Back on topic.

Bug: Adamantine Ore won't go into crafting storage - is used in cannith (and other) crafting - so should be able to be stored in shared crafting bank. (Bug #24027-110539)