Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

First pass is finished, having gone through all the custom, multiclass and individual class forums looking for current and/or popular builds. I also went through and added the suggestions from page 2.

All that's left is to add the specialty builds. In the meantime, let me know of any that I missed.

EDIT: I know nothing about Warlock, to the point that I found it difficult to identify styles for the warlock builds. Little help?

EDIT 2: Also, let me know if you find any broken links, improperly classified builds, or builds that shouldn't be included. (Perhaps they're exactly the same as another included build?)

The manyshot barb is outdated too at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    The manyshot barb is outdated too at this point
    Copy that, will move it.

Great posts, should get a sticky ASAP.
    BowHealer - The "Healer with legendary CC"-project: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...h-legendary-CC
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    First pass is finished, having gone through all the custom, multiclass and individual class forums looking for current and/or popular builds. I also went through and added the suggestions from page 2.

All that's left is to add the specialty builds. In the meantime, let me know of any that I missed.

EDIT: I know nothing about Warlock, to the point that I found it difficult to identify styles for the warlock builds. Little help?

EDIT 2: Also, let me know if you find any broken links, improperly classified builds, or builds that shouldn't be included. (Perhaps they're exactly the same as another included build?)
    as for warlocks, I would say there are 3ish styles,
    1) bursting
    2) pew pew (blasts)
    3) melee
    4) The deep splashes that are basically only using the ES HP part. Due to having only 5ish levels their bursts are very weak (I think these belong to something else)

Any of the first 3 can be either DC based (chr) or not(int/something else) & I would also say the pact choice is more flavor then something that defines the build.
    Last edited by Theolin; 01-25-2016 at 08:44 AM.
    Mechanics - To Hit/Dam mods

Quote Originally Posted by Theolin View Post
    as for warlocks, I would say there are 3ish styles,
    1) bursting
    2) pew pew (blasts)
    3) melee
    4) The deep splashes that are basically only using the ES HP part. Due to having only 5ish levels their bursts are very weak (I think these belong to something else)

Any of the first 3 can be either DC based (chr) or not(int/something else) & I would also say the pact choice is more flavor then something that defines the build.
    Thanks much. I'll see if I can figure out styles to attach to them.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Broadly speaking, there are two types of warlock builds: those which are DC-based casters and those which are not. Which sounds obvious, but bear with me...

The DC-based warlocks look like every other caster build: i.e., usually pure warlock with max CHA, usual metamagics, Spell Focuses, etc. You'll find builds which specialize in every PrE, but that's largely a question of how you spend your APs and which Pact you choose.

The non-DC-based warlocks are a lot more varied. Some focus on the no-save portions of warlock DPS (i.e., the base Eldritch Blast dmg plus the light dmg in ES), which lets them put their primary stat pts & feats into something else, like melee or ranged DPS. Some focus on the survivability benefits in ES (i.e., all those temp HPs, plus the extra PRR/MRR/etc.). And some look like they're just finding creative new ways of abusing Shiradi procs.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

I might put a date of "last updated" as some of the ones referenced were last updated in 2014, which is very, very out of date, to the point I wouldn't even consider using them. They're good to have there, but having a date would be advantageous.

wow, I have already used this thread for an easy consultation for a repeater build (Jirrix's). Props to you, thanks Ellisdee.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzor View Post
    I might put a date of "last updated" as some of the ones referenced were last updated in 2014, which is very, very out of date, to the point I wouldn't even consider using them. They're good to have there, but having a date would be advantageous.
    I won't be able to maintain a last updated date for all builds.

Which ones are too out of date? I can move them to Outdated or remove them altogether.

Note that 2014 isn't necessarily out of date. A couple quick examples: Bards haven't changed appreciably since swashbuckler was added in June of 2014, and Favored Soul hasn't changed since the enhancement pass of U19, back in August of 2013. (!)

Community Member

Bump....tired of getting asked in game how to find this thread.

Default Pure is not an option?

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Forum / Wiki

Premium Builds

Ghostriker's build by Hellyzabeth
    Evoker, 16/4 Favored Soul/Paladin, Human
    Favored Soul, +5 Con tome

The Angel of Amaunator by Atremus
    Evoker, 18/1/1 Favored Soul/Cleric/Wizard, Morninglord
    Favored Soul, Morninglord

Yeela: FvS 17 Wiz 1 Monk 2 - Healer and Dps Shiradi MM spammer by Stinging_Bee
    Nuker, 17/2/1 Favored Soul/Monk/Wizard
    Favored Soul, Monk, Third life, +4 Con tome

The Arcadian Avenger - A hybrid Divine Melee & DC Caster build by Arlathen
    TWF Melee, 17/3 Favored Soul/Fighter, Half-Elf
    Favored Soul, Half-Elf, Third life, +5 Dex tome

Shoikan - A Divine Crusader Warpriest by serthcore
    TWF Melee and Nuker, 15/3/2 Favored Soul/Monk/Paladin, Human
    Favored Soul, Monk, Third life, +4 Dex tome

Champion of the Gods by Andoris
    TWF Melee and Nuker, 15/3/2 Favored Soul/Monk/Paladin, Drow
    Favored Soul, Monk, Drow, Third life, +4 Dex tome

Video Guides

Epic Elite FVS gameplay by Helmer
    Wow, not a single decent pure FvS option. Is the class THAT much gimped? It's time for a FvS pass Turbine!

Eternally Mediocre Girl Maelodic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel137 View Post
    Wow, not a single decent pure FvS option. Is the class THAT much gimped? It's time for a FvS pass Turbine!
    Agreed. Along with artificer probably has the most desperate need for a pass.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Soundblaster| | Kinsys - Cookie Cutter Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    Agreed. Along with artificer probably has the most desperate need for a pass.
    Monk first please. Historically the most bugged class. Currently the worst class from a numerical vantage point in relation to others in the same role (i.e. melee for monk, caster for fvs).

Druid/FvS/Artificer are really all in the same boat. Lack of a 3rd tree and being multidimensional (melee/ranged/caster options) leaves you with lackluster function in that respective role. For example, druid needs a third tree than can complement both a melee shapeshifter character as well as a caster character.

Also, pure fvs's exist, and the 18/1/1 builds are ideal as they are a feat starved class (18/1/1 builds aren't too far off from pure - its not in the same ballpark as a class which usually is only 2 or 6 splash).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    A new harder difficulty is likely to just be that: harder, without giving commensurate power...Ideally, at the very hardest edge of difficulty, we would not know how long it would take until all quests are completed on that difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Morroiel View Post
    Monk first please. Historically the most bugged class. Currently the worst class from a numerical vantage point in relation to others in the same role (i.e. melee for monk, caster for fvs).

Druid/FvS/Artificer are really all in the same boat. Lack of a 3rd tree and being multidimensional (melee/ranged/caster options) leaves you with lackluster function in that respective role. For example, druid needs a third tree than can complement both a melee shapeshifter character as well as a caster character.

Also, pure fvs's exist, and the 18/1/1 builds are ideal as they are a feat starved class (18/1/1 builds aren't too far off from pure - its not in the same ballpark as a class which usually is only 2 or 6 splash).
    While I would prefer monk first as well, the difference is that artificers and FvS both do not do well in epics regardless of destiny. They don't have enough in their enhancement trees and really struggle because of it.
    ~Sarlona~

While I would prefer monk first as well, the difference is that artificers and FvS both do not do well in epics regardless of destiny. They don't have enough in their enhancement trees and really struggle because of it.
    My arti would disagree with the bolded, although I do not disagree that they could use a revamp.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    My arti would disagree with the bolded, although I do not disagree that they could use a revamp.
    Your arti is very.well geared and is the pinnacle of an optimized arti. It still ends up with numbers similar to what you'd expect from a first life rogue or sorc.

Also you're an awesome player, but you've got to admit your arti feels a bit weaker then the rest of your builds, right?
    ~Sarlona~

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Light-based Evoker FvS in Exalted Angel should be okay with new epic caster feats to play with; either human for extra feat or Deep Gnome / ML w/+1 LR for capstone & extra spellpower. Main downside to FvS since U19 is lack of SLAs, IMHO; AoV really should've gotten more than just the capstone.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Your arti is very.well geared and is the pinnacle of an optimized arti. It still ends up with numbers similar to what you'd expect from a first life rogue or sorc.
    I would agree that an arti is more gear dependent if you want to maximize the build's potential, but that's really true of any class that hasn't been revamped yet. Most builds used to be much more gear dependent than they are today, some more so than others. The revamps have largely done away with gear dependency, which makes harder content more accessible to newer and more casual players. I would assume this is intentional to open up more of the game to a larger audience.

That said, gear has also become much more accessible due to the new lootgen. It's a huge pita to put together a lootgen gear set, but what's available often outclasses named and raid loot. To a certain degree, gear dependency no longer requires being an active endgame player or part of the raid scene. This might not be noticeable in most of my builds because I haven't taken the time to upgrade their gear sets to include lootgen (I hate the system because it's such a pain to put together a gear set and I just don't want to bother tbh), but I've commented about it in each of my build threads and have incorporated lootgen on each of my characters in game.

Basically, I don't currently see gear as that much of an obstacle to optimizing an arti, or any other build for that matter. Lootgen alone can do a lot for a build now.

And just for the record, I never had several pieces of gear listed in Dubbell's build. My gear sets are an ideal set, but I'm usually always in pursuit of at least a few elusive pieces. My playtime is limited and game updates (or my own boredom compelling me to play a different character) usually has me changing that perfect set before I've actually acquired it all. So my experience of playing Dubbell is not at the uber-optimal levels listed in the build thread. For example, I never got Dissolution and for a long time was using energy burst acid without an acid spell power item. It was still effective enough to be completely worth it. With the new lootgen, however, I switched to energy burst electric and now have an electric spell power item. I definitely notice the difference in damage with energy burst, but still never felt like the character was gimp before.

Also you're an awesome player, but you've got to admit your arti feels a bit weaker then the rest of your builds, right?
    I appreciate the compliment, but I can't say I would agree that Dubbell feels weaker than my other builds, actually. If anything, The Count feels like my weakest build right now. Swashbucklers took quite a hit with the imp crit changes and increased duration of coup de grace. The build itself lost some of its endgame CC capacity with so many mobs having spell resistance at endgame and me not wanting to grind past lives for spell pen. I still think it's a good build, but it certainly doesn't shine like it used to.

Dubbell, White Feather Sniper, Hassan's Assassin, and the Divine Cuisinart all perform at about the same level in my experience, though each have a very different playstyle and bring something entirely different to the table. I do about equally well in kill count (for whatever that's worth) on each of them. Dubbell is still my go-to character to try out new content because of the versatility it offers.

Sorry if this is off-topic EllisDee. Hopefully it serves as a bump to expose people to this awesome resource.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast