Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Legendary +1 Tome

So I have seen this said by a few people around the forums, and find myself also effected by it. Due to getting insulted by pulling my 5th +1 stat tome in 'Legendary' content (1 from tempest LE, 3 from Shroud LH/LE, and 1 from Hound LH) I wanted to put the knowledge out to people as direct as I could, at least on this venue of communication.

Simple fact being: Tomes drop rate patched in U29 caused all tomes to drop only +1 values.

Reported now 4 times, and figured to put up here, in it's own thread, to receive comment from moderators. That is all.
    I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.
    Vicinity, Proximity, and far to many bank toons too list.
    -Sorry to any bank toons that are offended by me not listing mine-
    Ravensguard, Ghallanda

Community Manager

We are actively investigating this. When we know more, we'll let people know.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

This may be a bug in the tables, since that was also touched with the loot revamp. Perhaps a tome placeholder reference instead of a call to a tome distribution map?

Community Member

Also look at SP pots. They seem to be affected by the same bug. I pull lessers in EE and LE content.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are actively investigating this. When we know more, we'll let people know.
    I can see where +1s in top-level content is a pita, but...

Please don't swing the pendulum all the way back (again) where it's impossible to get +1s to go with all the Upgrade tomes we get.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

I only just came back to the game and did find it odd when I pulled a +1 tome in EN Von3, not exactly a level 30+ quest, but not somewhere I expect to see a +1 tome either.
    Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane GhostbaneGhostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane Ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by lifestaker View Post
    So I have seen this said by a few people around the forums, and find myself also effected by it. Due to getting insulted by pulling my 5th +1 stat tome in 'Legendary' content (1 from tempest LE, 3 from Shroud LH/LE, and 1 from Hound LH) I wanted to put the knowledge out to people as direct as I could, at least on this venue of communication.

Simple fact being: Tomes drop rate patched in U29 caused all tomes to drop only +1 values.

Reported now 4 times, and figured to put up here, in it's own thread, to receive comment from moderators. That is all.
    If it was a +1 Upgrade (up to a Maximum of 7), that could be quite cool.

And by this take someone who has +3 to all stats from Tomes, they get a +1 Legendary Tome of Gainful Excercise, Read it, and now have +4 Tome bonus to Strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post

And by this take someone who has +3 to all stats from Tomes, they get a +1 Legendary Tome of Gainful Excercise, Read it, and now have +4 Tome bonus to Strength.
    Hmm.. Now, THAT is a fraggingly great idea. Have any, and, all tomes that drop in Legendary be +1 Legendary Tome of (stat). This tome adds +1 Ability score to (given stat). Abilities can not receive more than a +7 Tome enhancement.
    As the saying goes, "There is more than one way to skin a cat. (No offence to cats, cat lovers, or people that want to be cats)
    "Everything taste like chicken, 'cept chicken, that taste like turkey.", quoth the barbarian.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post

Good suggestion.

My thoughts for some time have been I wish they just did away with all upgrade tomes dropping and only let the highest one apply. Keep upgrade tomes in the shop to reduce TP costs.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Awww man, I read the title and was like "Are we getting Legendary tomes now?", "What do they do?" and "Will they work at level 1?" but alas I was kinda bummed out after reading the OP.

Community Member

Default I Agree

I also had experienced both the +1 tomes (one 25 level dungeon and 32nd level) and about 10 lesser mneumonics in content from 15-32. I reported it in a bug and to Cordovan, so they have to know this is REAL at this point. It really S*X that i likely would have gotten a +3 tome and a +4 to 5 or comparable tome in this place as the time between such tomes is few and far between for me.

Community Member

I've pulled 3 ea +1 stat tomes in LE content since U29 came out, where I hadn't seen any in nearly two years. So, yes, fix it, but please put the +1's back in lower level content where it belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Also look at SP pots. They seem to be affected by the same bug. I pull lessers in EE and LE content.
    I'm seeing the same thing.

Just capped my pale master today. On my way from 25 to 30 the last three days every tome someone pulled was a +1.

What I remember exactly was a +1 DEX tome in EE VON6, a +1 move silent skill tome from EE End of the Road and a +1 STR in EE Subversion.
    BowHealer - The "Healer with legendary CC"-project: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...h-legendary-CC
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

Community Member

Well if they fixed the drop rate and the +lvl bonus, who would they sell the tomes in the store to?

Quote Originally Posted by 1Soulless1 View Post
    Well if they fixed the drop rate and the +lvl bonus, who would they sell the tomes in the store to?
    People like me that have 10+ heroes and always need some more tomes. And people with only a few heroes and not much time at there hands that don't want to wait until excatly that tome they need drops.
    BowHealer - The "Healer with legendary CC"-project: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...h-legendary-CC
    The Dungeons and Dragons Webcomic THE ORDER OF THE STICK BY RICH BURLEW
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/ootscast.html

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jiirix View Post
    People like me that have 10+ heroes and always need some more tomes. And people with only a few heroes and not much time at there hands that don't want to wait until excatly that tome they need drops.
    Yeah that doesn't wash. I have 15 toons on this account and another account with about 17 alts. I have MORE then enough low lvl tomes to get them all the +3 or +4 at least. Its sloppy work by turbine, they know the tome loot table drops of stat tomes have been gak since they jamed the table full of the skill upgrade tomes and have done nothing about it.

It been a year or two at least and silence on the issue. They have had plenty of opportunities to fix it. They choose not to, which IMHO, YMMV, yadda yadda yadda to me suggests they know about it but would rather people buy them and now basically they are forcing people to since well...

I use to love to do raids for my tome drops, 20th lists where great for that I think ill do that with Legendary Shroud, HoX, TS oh wait.....

Community Member

That would explain why the tome I pulled from an EH The Portal Opens was just a +1

Community Member

Likewise, I also pulled a +1 tome from EE Tempest Spine and a +1 from EH Deathwyrm. Had a +2 loot gem going both times.

Just bumping this to check if anyone has had luck pulling proper tomes, for the release notes did say fixed.

I myself have not pulled one, but then again I have not been on much last few days.
    I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.
    Vicinity, Proximity, and far to many bank toons too list.
    -Sorry to any bank toons that are offended by me not listing mine-
    Ravensguard, Ghallanda

I got a + 4 upgrade str tome as reward from one of the Wheloon quests tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast