Default Need/Want/Desire: Magical Portable and Collapsible Bookcase!!!

going through my bank toons -- and came across pages of bta ability tomes, xp tomes, and skill tomes. How about a quick and dirty Portable and Collapsible Magical Bookcase!

With Search Feature!!!

;P

Community Member

Storage still seems to be a less than fully tapped revenue source for Turbine.

• shelf for tomes of all varieties as noted by OP
    • scroll cases
    • potion box
    • reagent dispenser
    • extended character bank space (or new simplistic "housing"?)

But maybe stuff like that doesn't/wouldn't actually sell as well as I might think.

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post

• scroll cases
    • potion box
    • reagent dispenser

But maybe stuff like that doesn't/wouldn't actually sell as well as I might think.
    agree - and shameless plug More Bank Space: Leomund's Secret Chest - for a great way to earn $$$ and solve (not bandaid - but solve) BtC space issues.

That would be a great thing to have in player housing. (I can dream can't I?)

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Here's one with a more DnD theme:

Edit:
    That is me saying that i like the idea.
    Last edited by LightBear; 01-07-2016 at 03:17 PM.

• scroll cases
    • potion box
    • reagent dispenser

I would spend money on all those things. I bet a lot of vets would purchase them.

Default \signed...

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

• scroll cases
    • potion box
    • reagent dispenser

If there's a market for cookie jars to support goodies from an annual event, you better believe that there's a market for several of these things that are everyday commodities in the game. Turbine would still be getting paid to sell storage space to players, so it sounds like a win to me. Make it so.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    going through my bank toons -- and came across pages of bta ability tomes, xp tomes, and skill tomes. How about a quick and dirty Portable and Collapsible Magical Bookcase!

With Search Feature!!!
    You missed a good one, but maybe because it's hard to find. I hunted for and could not find a gif of Professor Lupin's collapsible case from the HP movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    If there's a market for cookie jars to support goodies from an annual event, you better believe that there's a market for several of these things that are everyday commodities in the game. Turbine would still be getting paid to sell storage space to players, so it sounds like a win to me. Make it so.
    Indeed. I have bought with $$$ (TP bought with $$$ at least):
    Gargantuan Ingredients Bag;
    Huge Collectibles Bag;
    Huge Gem Bag;
    Large Hireling Contracts Folder;
    Colossal Augment Bag;
    Small Cookie Jar.

The very first things I ever bought with TP were backpack and bank storage space.

Storage space is essential for we pack-rats, and it's clear that we're willing to pay for it.

So things like:
    A container for casting components (make it large enough (20, I think) to hold a full set of components for at least 2 different classes of caster plus Omnispell Dust and Stones, and that should allow it to service most/all multiclasses);
    A container for Tomes (as per the OP);
    A container for potions;
    A container for scrolls;
    A container for wands;

And more! All of these should be items which would bring in revenue.

But... A couple of points and questions:
    Can they even allow you to hotbar a potion which is in a bag?
    Can you cast a spell when the component is in a bag?
    And, my main who has all of this added storage already takes about 30+ seconds to log in, compared to under 5 seconds for all of my other characters. If it is the storage which is causing this then adding more might not be a wonderful idea if it will only push that wait higher.

Adding some new kinds of storage items should be fairly trivial. The cookie jar, the hireling folder, you have to pull out the items you want to use before use. A Tome folder would be similar, not needed in combat or other fast access. A casting component, potion, wand, or scroll container might not be so great if you have to open it up in the middle of a fight to access the contents. If they don't have the technology to allow a spell to be cast and have it check a bag (they already have a check against your backpack and whether you have Eschew, so this doesn't seem hard, but you never know), then I have no need for that bag. Spell components are relatively cheap, and I can just sell them off and re-purchase them if I swap in and out of a casting class. A scroll bag would still be handy, since I tend to hang onto scrolls which aren't able to be bought from vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kompera_Oberon View Post
    But... A couple of points and questions:
    Can they even allow you to hotbar a potion which is in a bag?
    I know this point was addressed by a Dev in the past, and IIRC there was mention of some technical limitations which limited or prevented actions like this.

Still, I'd love to have the option for consolidating & storing potions, among other things.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch2008 View Post
    I know this point was addressed by a Dev in the past, and IIRC there was mention of some technical limitations which limited or prevented actions like this.

Still, I'd love to have the option for consolidating & storing potions, among other things.
    Been much discussion on livestreams about this: specifically that they would like to make the potion belt, mat bag, scroll case, but currently they can only store - not be used from ie would have to take out to use.

They said they might be willing to create storage only items (for all us hoarders) as long as the community is fully aware of these limitations, and the they would probably never be fixed for these items.

I am willing - as long as the containers are either unbound or BtA and can be banked and the stack size is 10x normal for everything in them.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Been much discussion on livestreams about this: specifically that they would like to make the potion belt, mat bag, scroll case, but currently they can only store - not be used from ie would have to take out to use.

They said they might be willing to create storage only items (for all us hoarders) as long as the community is fully aware of these limitations, and the they would probably never be fixed for these items.

I am willing - as long as the containers are either unbound or BtA and can be banked and the stack size is 10x normal for everything in them.
    There are situations such as silver flame potions where storage of excess would be a huge advantage.
    I recall buying a ton of potions then having to vendor them because I did not realize the 10/stack disadvantage.

And yes a scroll bag w/o use would be of interest to me.
    Same with potions, and material components.

For example, suppose I do a wizard life, then TR into a cleric, then TR into a bard.
    Along the way, I buy then vendor a thousand 1~9 level arcane, then divine, then bardic material component.
    Would be kind of nice to place them inside a bag temporary.
    And hey, its 9 components into 1 space for any TRing into the same class again.

In fact for TR back emptying some of these would be really handy, worth buying for an on the move completionist project.

going through my bank toons -- and came across pages of bta ability tomes, xp tomes, and skill tomes.
    I had the same issue last year, fixed the problem by going through my alt army and using the darn things, had a few that weren't bound and gave them away to guildies, all up a satisfying experience.

...on a side note I still seem to have way too many Envenomed Blades, not sure why I'm always keeping them!

Aww heck, give us the portable bookcase AND a weapons rack!

Quote Originally Posted by Daine View Post
    I had the same issue last year, fixed the problem by going through my alt army and using the darn things, had a few that weren't bound and gave them away to guildies, all up a satisfying experience.

...on a side note I still seem to have way too many Envenomed Blades, not sure why I'm always keeping them!

Aww heck, give us the portable bookcase AND a weapons rack!
    *chuckle* don't forget the animated armor horse!