Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Update 29 LOOT FINDER THREAD

As you know, finding loot is a pain with the inability to search effects, multiple names for the same effect, the same effect name doing different things, etc.

This post is reserved for keeping a master list of item names and maximum values through U29.

Please post a screenshot of an effect I have missed (particularly the 3rd bonus effect not in the item name).

On the left-most column I will add maximum values (assassinate +7, insightful assassinate +3). You may also post a screenshot of an item you believe to be of maximum value, and I will add/update these values. I will not be updating the thread without screenshots, or future things I directly see on the AH. (don't simply tell me you saw x effect on boots).

Here is the wiki for random loot: http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_29_ra...generated_loot

Each item will have one blue effect (prefix), one yellow effect (suffix) and if you are lucky a bonus green effect (This is not part of the item name and you can't search for bonus effects). Items can also have colorless, yellow, or green augment slots. Weapons can have red augment slots.

DATE: 1/6/2016
    CHANGES FROM LAST VERSION:

belt
    *bonus* insightful balance added
    *bonus* insightful swim added

gloves
    *bonus* insightful spell penetration added
    *bonus* insightful perform added
    *bonus* all insightful spell powers added

boots
    *bonus* insightful jump added
    suffix jump added

head
    *bonus* ins concentration added
    *bonus* poison resistance added
    *bonus* all elemental resistances added

Last edited by nokowi; 01-06-2016 at 12:05 PM.

I am going through all U29 random loot and making a list of prefix/suffix/additional effects.

Here are issues so far.

1. Items with light crit chance are misnamed as Dire Impulsive
    2. Items with negative chance are misnamed as Dire Radiant
    3. Items with sonic crit chance are misnamed as Dire Reconstructed
    4. Items with repair/rust crit chance are misnamed as Dire Nullified

In cases 1-4 , go by the detailed description of the item, which is correct.

5. Wisdom and Intelligence don't appear on the Item Name for GOGGLES (should be a prefix). They do appear as a prefix for cloaks (astute, prudent).
    6. Spell Resist and Insightful Spell Resist don't appear on the Item Name (should be a prefix). Poison Resistance doesn't appear as a prefix on cloaks and insightful poison save doesn't appear as a prefix on bracers.

In cases 5-6, you often end up with an item with just a suffix name.

7. All of the insightful DC's for
    Abjuration, Conjuration, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Necromancy, Transmutation can provide +0 insight bonus to DC

8. +1 Tomes are dropping in level 30 content. I'm waiting for a screenshot of a +0 Tome

9. Feather Falling items hide all other effects in item name

10. Focused (Concentration Skill) items all read +0 in the display, although they do add some (unknown until equipped) amount to concentration. Insightful Concentration (Concentration) on goggles also reads +0.

11. On bracers (alkalescent, charred, grounded frigid, muffled) are (acid, cold, electric, fore, sonic) insightful resist but on cloaks the same named effect is resist. (resist + insight resist stack) On rings (acid, cold, electric, fire, sonic) resistance give resist, but these same named effects (acid, cold, electric, fire, sonic) resistance give insightful resistance on cloaks. Now we see the same name on an item doing different things, depending on what item it is on.

I suspect that the same effect for a prefix vs suffix needed a different name. % absorption will be prefix called (alkaline, blazing, insulated, chilled, damping) for rings but will be a suffix called (acid absorption, cold absorption, electric absorption, fire absorption, sonic absorption) on cloaks.

12. On boots, the Speed effect prefix does not appear on the item name (resulting in an item with just a suffix name).

13. Parrying items display (+x) to AC and (+2x) to Saves but only give +x to AC and +x to Saves.

14. Weapon effects keen and impact hide all other effects (similar to feather fall problem).

15. Weapon prefix effects good/evil/law/chaos do not appear in item name

16. Prefixes speed and armor piercing do not appear in the weapon name

17. stat damage (con, wis) are both listed as str damage in the text. stat damage (int, cha) are both listed as dex damage in the text

THINGS THAT DON'T MAKE SENSE (These may or may not be fixable with the current programming)

Helms seem to be giving wisdom as a bonus effect. This may be WAI but seems odd. (shouldn't this be insightful wisdom?).
    Helms give insightful fort (reinforced) as a prefix and also as a bonus effect. This may be WAI but seems odd.

Assassinate on a Shield or Armor.
    Vampirism or Keen on Armor.
    Assassinate on low level items (appearing at 10 would be OK). (Vorpal may or may not be ok at lvl 1)
    Handwraps with DoubleShot.
    Last edited by nokowi; 01-06-2016 at 12:06 PM.

nice

Community Member

Armor and weapons?
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

Default Thanks

I copied that to my desk top to use as a reference

This will help my shopping a lot
    G-land
    Main characters, Tymout, Tymkul, Tymbom, Tymantha etc...

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Insightful spell damage can also be found on weapons (weapons is a column I miss on your screenshot)
    The Enhancement names of spelldamage is different then that on other items.
    For instance a combustive short sword of combustion would be give both spell power and insightful spell power.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default well done

well done. Thanks for this. I just started doing the very same thing as I have been on holiday since U29 came out on Dec 17.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    well done. Thanks for this. I just started doing the very same thing as I have been on holiday since U29 came out on Dec 17.
    And? (Read: Do you have anything that you are willing to share with us? )

Community Member

A gear planner of sorts would be handy. It could allow you to use the loot data to create a rng item for each slot you wish to use, that way you could try to create a plan of sorts around the named items you already have.

Community Member Captain_Wizbang's Avatar

Thank you for the list. Nice work

nice
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Community Manager

Thanks for doing this. We're expecting to continue to make improvements to the random loot system in upcoming updates and patches.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

I would like to point out there were several prefixes/suffixes in use that were taken from pen and paper already, so changing the names to make it more like DnD makes little to no sense, scratch that, it makes no sense. One of the few names they kept was deadly, but they moved it to a suffix so gear that contains deadly are grammatically incorrect and look bad as a result. Please use lootgen patches and updates to not only fix bugs but also make the prefixes and suffixes intuitive.
    Cannith: Slenderen (previously known as Slenderbot), Gurei, Biggorox, Kinkaku, Xier, Lrrrr, Tyngle

is ghostbane banished to the nether world? it was useful, just not every pull.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Insightful spell damage can also be found on weapons (weapons is a column I miss on your screenshot)
    The Enhancement names of spelldamage is different then that on other items.
    For instance a combustive short sword of combustion would be give both spell power and insightful spell power.
    I will add weapons today and re-post.

My thought process was towards end game, where you would generally be better off using named or LGS weapons for max damage (melee caster), or finding a non-weapon slot for insightful spell power so that you can maximize your effectiveness with legendary greensteel or other named gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    is ghostbane banished to the nether world? it was useful, just not every pull.
    All of the ghostbane crafters have been summarily executed.

Your legacy ghostbane weapons may be very valuable some day...

Community Member

I think it is Requiting and Parrying where they are giving the reverse effect to what you would expect (Parrying giving a bigger bonus to Saves than to AC).

Someone else may be able to better explain it than me.

Some items are listed as being Insightful, but the description says Enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    I think it is Requiting and Parrying where they are giving the reverse effect to what you would expect (Parrying giving a bigger bonus to Saves than to AC).

Someone else may be able to better explain it than me.

Some items are listed as being Insightful, but the description says Enhancement.
    Parrying is not giving the bonuses in its description. I believe it gives the smaller of the two numbers to both saves and AC (not the reverse).

I just tested requiting and riposte and they both seem to be working as the description for both AC and saves.

If you can give me a specific example of an item listed incorrectly on the chart, I can check and fix it in the next posting.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nokowi View Post
    Parrying is not giving the bonuses in its description. I believe it gives the smaller of the two numbers to both saves and AC (not the reverse).

I just tested requiting and riposte and they both seem to be working as the description for both AC and saves.

If you can give me a specific example of an item listed incorrectly on the chart, I can check and fix it in the next posting.
    I dont think it was acting differently to the effect, its that the effect itself has been implemented incorrectly.

So it says +2 to AC, +4 to Saves, and does this, but really they should be switched and be +4 to AC, +2 to Saves.

There are some items which can give crazy big bonuses to Saves, far in excess of what a Resistance item at the same level can give.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    I dont think it was acting differently to the effect, its that the effect itself has been implemented incorrectly.

So it says +2 to AC, +4 to Saves, and does this, but really they should be switched and be +4 to AC, +2 to Saves.

There are some items which can give crazy big bonuses to Saves, far in excess of what a Resistance item at the same level can give.

Thanks. I will let the dev's check this. I didn't see the crazy save bonus applying in my own testing. It acted just like parrying with the same (smaller) bonus to both saves and ac (giving +2 to each in your example). One of us saw this wrong (definitely could be me - maybe I had an insight bonus to saves already that I missed), but it doesn't really matter as the dev's know what needs to be fixed.
    Last edited by nokowi; 01-04-2016 at 05:56 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast