Community Member

Default Cannith Crafting... minimum requirements?

I'm fairly new to the game and very new to the crafting system. I've been trying to gather essences from the items I get out of chests and from quest rewards but so many of them only want to let me pull the enhancement bonus from them or just disjoin them.

Even when I have stuff that I can't see any reason why it shouldn't give me an essence.

I had a robe of Con +2 and poison resist +3. I figured I could get either a lesser body or lesser earth essence from it but it only showed the option to disjoin.

I found a shield of Ice Guard... but I can't get a water essence from it. It was the same with a bow of ice lore and another robe of fire absorption.

My question is.... is there a minimum crafting requirement to be able to pull the enhancements off of these items?

It seems like I was getting a lot more essences off items before I actually started trying to farm for them. Weapons seem to be the only thing I can pull essences off of but even then there's no guarantee.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manofdusk View Post
    I'm fairly new to the game and very new to the crafting system. I've been trying to gather essences from the items I get out of chests and from quest rewards but so many of them only want to let me pull the enhancement bonus from them or just disjoin them.

Even when I have stuff that I can't see any reason why it shouldn't give me an essence.

I had a robe of Con +2 and poison resist +3. I figured I could get either a lesser body or lesser earth essence from it but it only showed the option to disjoin.

I found a shield of Ice Guard... but I can't get a water essence from it. It was the same with a bow of ice lore and another robe of fire absorption.

My question is.... is there a minimum crafting requirement to be able to pull the enhancements off of these items?

It seems like I was getting a lot more essences off items before I actually started trying to farm for them. Weapons seem to be the only thing I can pull essences off of but even then there's no guarantee.
    Cannith crafting is bugged for most of the new items.

It'll be fixed soon. Maybe.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    Cannith crafting is bugged for most of the new items.

It'll be fixed soon. Maybe.
    Then the next logical question would be... What quests can I do to farm for older items?

I need to level my crafting so I can make bodyfeeder shards.

Then the next logical question would be... What quests can I do to farm for older items?

I am not a crafter, so I don't know if bodyfeeder can be passed to another toon. But I do know that on every server there is someone who will gladly make the items you want. Just ask around!

Community Member

Sharn Syndicate has old items in the end rewards.
    The Antique Bronze Token hand-in in the desert gives old items.

If you're on Argonessen, I can send you an unbound bodyfeeder shard.