Community Member

Default unable to log into orien

Is anyone else having an issue logging into orien? I have been trying for over 3 hrs no to log in with my main character, and I'm not able to do so. I have managed to log into one of my alt characters.

I can get to the character select screen just fine. and once there can select each of my 13 characters ok, but I am only able to log into 1 of them. (I have tried 4 different characters). The one I am able to log into is a level 29 first life character (with no epic past lives). I am not able to log into my level 30 23rd life character (with epic completionist). I am also not able to log into my 3rd life level 15 character or my 5th life level 7 character.

Community Member Tholgrin_Stoneforge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Protasious View Post
    Is anyone else having an issue logging into orien? I have been trying for over 3 hrs no to log in with my main character, and I'm not able to do so. I have managed to log into one of my alt characters.

I can get to the character select screen just fine. and once there can select each of my 13 characters ok, but I am only able to log into 1 of them. (I have tried 4 different characters). The one I am able to log into is a level 29 first life character (with no epic past lives). I am not able to log into my level 30 23rd life character (with epic completionist). I am also not able to log into my 3rd life level 15 character or my 5th life level 7 character.
    I am having a similar issue - I can log into any other server and log into characters there, just fine. However, on Orien, I get a "Getting in line to connect..." message which approximately 50% of the time gives me an error stating "Failed to queue for server" and the remainder of the time allows me to select a character - but then idles out until server connect times out.

HELP!!!
    Orien Toons: Aapex Predator | Adipostal | Bholgrin Stoneforge | Felldar | Gorruk Boulderbreaker | Khail Ironfist | Kiljoen Lorebringer | Madfinger Runewarden | Mattok Shalefinder | Tholgrin Stoneforge | Tubbho Lard | Uldwena Skyreaver | Uldwin Skyreaver | Varjek Lorebringer | Walreign Aggron | Whall | Whong Fei Hung | (and a couple more...)

Community Member

Default still can't log in to orien

It is now the next morning, about 11 hrs since I first posted here, and I still cannot log into orien. I can get to the character select screen, but it took 3 tries to get to the character select screen this morning. once at the character select screen I select the character I want to log into, and then it gets stuck at 'Loading... Please Wait' and never load. eventually I get the message 'The connection to the server has been lost'.

Community Member

I was finally able to log in to the characters in question after the hotfix today. but now it seems I am not able to reincarnate this toon. It consumed the epic heart of wood, but I get no reincarnation flag on the character select screen. maybe I should wait to reincarnate for a few days anyways. It would just be nice if everything worked right.

Quote Originally Posted by Protasious View Post
    I was finally able to log in to the characters in question after the hotfix today. but now it seems I am not able to reincarnate this toon. It consumed the epic heart of wood, but I get no reincarnation flag on the character select screen. maybe I should wait to reincarnate for a few days anyways. It would just be nice if everything worked right.
    I've got a guy on Orien ready to ETR (all his high-level gear put in the bank, L20 gear/weapons in the backpack) but I'm not going to pull the trigger until after things settle down, possibly sometime between Christmas and New Year's. The way things are right now, I'm terrified that I'm going to be in the middle of the process and get the "The worlds will be shutting down in 5 minutes. Please log out before then". Like we got tonight while in the middle of the Tempest's Spine run (fortunately we were able to finish before they shut down).

Really hope they get their act together soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    I've got a guy on Orien ready to ETR (all his high-level gear put in the bank, L20 gear/weapons in the backpack) but I'm not going to pull the trigger until after things settle down, possibly sometime between Christmas and New Year's. The way things are right now, I'm terrified that I'm going to be in the middle of the process and get the "The worlds will be shutting down in 5 minutes. Please log out before then". Like we got tonight while in the middle of the Tempest's Spine run (fortunately we were able to finish before they shut down).

Really hope they get their act together soon.
    Within about 1 hour of the server being back online after the restart, my character was back to normal. The reincarnation button wasn't there when I first logged in after the restart, But after running an EE Brothers of the Forge and logging out, the reincarnation button was there. I managed to reincarnate with no problems and am now back at level 20 farming some cannith challenges for mats to get some elixirs.