Community Member MaximumCharisma's Avatar

Default Too late to make Legendary GS ML:25?

Is it too late to make Legendary Green Steel Min Level 25?

Since TR, a large part of the appeal of GS was the ML for reincarnation. I am sure that this was considered in making them ML:26. I'm not entirely sure why 26 specifically was selected, but from a power level 25-26 don't seem much different to me.

However, one really good reason to make them specifically ML:25 is the Stone of Epic Experience which grants 2,000,000 exp. With with proper buffs at the time lvl 25 is attainable. This means that a person like me who does not want to spend a lot of time at the bank organizing and optimizing gear during each play session, can open an Ottos Box and better get up to speed gear-wise.

I think that this is specifically relevant as the experience reward is being diminished relatively speaking as it no longer will get you quite as close to your goal.

Again, without a really specific reason to have them ML:26, and with a decent reason to make them ML:25, I would like to suggest that Legendary Green Steel be ML:25

Thanks
    Secondlife and Komat of Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumCharisma View Post

Since TR, a large part of the appeal of GS was the ML for reincarnation. I am sure that this was considered in making them ML:26. I'm not entirely sure why 26 specifically was selected, but from a power level 25-26 don't seem much different to me.

However, one really good reason to make them specifically ML:25 is the Stone of Epic Experience which grants 2,000,000 exp. With with proper buffs at the time lvl 25 is attainable. This means that a person like me who does not want to spend a lot of time at the bank organizing and optimizing gear during each play session, can open an Ottos Box and better get up to speed gear-wise.

I think that this is specifically relevant as the experience reward is being diminished relatively speaking as it no longer will get you quite as close to your goal.

Again, without a really specific reason to have them ML:26, and with a decent reason to make them ML:25, I would like to suggest that Legendary Green Steel be ML:25

Thanks
    26 is fine, no need to make the life of stoners easier
    G-land, Balistas Magicas, Bashukar Bloodaxe, Kobur Curse of Dragon, Necromatix

Thanks
    Who says you can still reach lvl25 with 1 XP stone next update? They are rebalancing the xp required and the current release notes mention 3.5m XP for lvl25. 500k more than before.
    Thelanis -- Wulverine + [Funkaholic, Funkatronic, Funkarific]

Community Member MaximumCharisma's Avatar

Default eek

Quote Originally Posted by Wulverine View Post
    Who says you can still reach lvl25 with 1 XP stone next update? They are rebalancing the xp required and the current release notes mention 3.5m XP for lvl25. 500k more than before.
    All the more reason to lower ML to 25 if no other concerns exist

Still, the idea of even more time spent at intermediate stages of gear has this DDO Whale a little deflated. A little thin if you will.

Is there a good meme for that?
    Secondlife and Komat of Sarlona

Thanks
    agreed ... for the stoners, place ML to 25 ... will make banking and eTR lives much easier. Thanks.

Community Member

Hi,

If they make any changes, it should be raising the ML of LGS and lowering the ML of TF weapons.

Let TF keep a place in the game as a twink item for ERing. So the people who made the weapons have something useful to do with them, and the people who haven't yet still have a reason to run Thunderholme Content.

Let LGS be the most powerful weapons available to characters at or very near cap. Something to work on for people who don't ER or have finished with it.

It's downright weird that the most powerful weapons will have such a low min level. It may be a stated design goal for LGS, but it's not a good one, and this is an example of a situation where it's not good to give players all the cheese some of them are asking for.

Thanks.