Default Kobold beatdown times: outcomes post level 30 buffs

Hi,

I have been doing beatdowns and thrown together characters to get an idea of where characters stand in the power scale. Yes, it is an imperfect measure and what not, but it is nevertheless something. All these builds are with throw together gear, but making some sense. Not using the new raid gear. For the sake of sharing, here are my beatdowns (blitzing) for the boss kobold:

Ranger: first life, tempest, dual khopesh (TF tier 2) - 110-130 seconds.
    Barbarian: first life, ravager + frenzied, dual picks (TF tier 2) - 130-150 seconds.
    Rogue: multi life, acrobat and assassin, epic elemental bloom - 125-140 seconds.

I did not use all the possible buffs (for instance no ship, no tensers, no titan grip, no twists) and I did not micro manage perfectly the different timers as I was not intending to go for the best possible ever, rather get an idea of how it might look like in regular questing, when I am not only focusing on cool downs and I might not have the bestamest gear.

I'd be quite interested on the relative beat down times that people manage to get across builds. I would find more informative if people posted several entries across builds since it allows to somehow control for player ability.

Was that rogue getting sneak attack? If not, you certainly were not getting "an idea of how it might look in regular questing" which is your stated goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Got 60 seconds on a boss Kobold on a maxed out human tempest. Main-hand had a Blank LGS Khopesh, offhand had a Crippling Flames Raiper.

If I main-hand a Balizarde it's about 70 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Was that rogue getting sneak attack? If not, you certainly were not getting "an idea of how it might look in regular questing" which is your stated goal.
    Yup, I was getting sneak attack procs for between 300 and 400 most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Basura_Grande View Post
    Got 60 seconds on a boss Kobold on a maxed out human tempest. Main-hand had a Blank LGS Khopesh, offhand had a Crippling Flames Raiper.

If I main-hand a Balizarde it's about 70 seconds.
    That's a very good time! Have you tried any other build?

Thanks for sharing.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

I can hardly even make a dent in those kobolds with a favored soul.
    It would certainly be very much longer than I can to spend.

With optimal gear and using the build listed in my signature (20 fiend warlock): 180, 174, 210, 165

Optimizing for dps using same char: 154, 167, 182

With optimal gear and using mult-pl toon and a lvl 20 air/water savant (using only dots + slas): 821, 759, 865

With optimal gear and using mult-pl toon and a lvl 20 air/water savant (using full spell rotation - probably would run out of sp before finishing): 340, 312, 315, 281, 293

My druid and palemaster times were ~800 and ~1000 respectively when using typical spell rotation (not being carefree with things like ruin).

First life mechanic (18 rog/2 art) with no pl and suboptimal gear (e orchid non-raid, e archon non-raid + LGS great xbow): 106, 95, 113, 92.

First life bard spellsinger sonic (U28 set + LGS caster sticks for gear): 734

First life pure tempest twf (double LGS, suboptimal gear otherwise): 84, 99, 82, 98 (threw out outlier @~140 before I equipped LGS weapons).

Warlock, savant, druid, and palemaster times are all roughly close to theoretical best (maybe ~10% away).

All other times are a little un-optimized (I have no idea how to optimize a spellsinger's damage).

Lamannia went down before I could test acrobat, 14/6 mechanic, fvs evoker, warchanter bard, and thf barb. Will post when I can though the above times will probably be invalidated due to LGS being updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    A new harder difficulty is likely to just be that: harder, without giving commensurate power...Ideally, at the very hardest edge of difficulty, we would not know how long it would take until all quests are completed on that difficulty.

FvS Iconic (access to Sunbolt)

1st Run: 425. Was unsure on SP to HP ratio, conservative by casting SLA's mostly
    2nd Run: 331. Unloaded like a Sorc. Ran out of SP at the end, needed 1 SP pot.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Boss ~~ 1988 Druid Wolf pet
    Nonboss ~~ 70
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 12-12-2015 at 12:32 AM.