Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    It's a cool idea with awkward implementation, is all, because everything that would REALLY benefit from it is really awkward to use effectively.

It should work the best with aura attacks, stuff that hits that way. So it would be great on a mix-build druid, for instance, because they get a lot of AOE DOT spells, so you throw some of those up and you switch to animal form and chew things up. Except that this is not a viable druid build because druid enhancements are jacked. It's not effective for artificers, because it doesn't work with runearms. It's not really useful for Warlocks that I've seen. Doesn't work well for wizards or sorcerers that I've seen.

It'd work pretty well for a divine crusader type if the floor glow works with it.
    I used it on my past life. I didn't have much time to test it, I reincarnated about a day after I grabbed it. For my toon, it worked very well, 12/6/2 warlock/ranger/rogue. The aura gives it a charge every few seconds, and my dual wield would fill the spell power in seconds. And that's ok, because I swing insanely fast, and every strike adds 3d4 light power that scales with spell power. Extra melee doesn't hurt either. I actually like to combine this with the same concept from divine crusader.

At any rate, I'm a highly specialized build that combines magic and melee attacks to create a lethal killing frenzy. I've often used the embodiment of law, and I haven't looked at all the numbers to see how it adds up. I just think that this is better in my case. It's tough to tell, because I have so many numbers flashing when I fight. Weapon damage, sneak damage, light damage, aura damage, weapon elemental damage, consecrated ground damage, critical damage, spell critical damage. And so forth. The thing is, the straight damage on embodiment of law, doesn't add to the crit value, and I have improved crit and overwhelming crit on scimitars, and then about a 30% crit chance for light spells. The spell/melee power affects that, which is why it has better long range potential.
    Last edited by Dazednconfused; 11-15-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    ...palemasters can not qualify for this ability. Systematically, they just can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazednconfused View Post
    For my toon, it worked very well, 12/6/2 warlock/ranger/rogue.

nothing new here
    You nerfed my monks, throwers, dailies and alchemists.
    I hardly play anymore, found a better hobby.
    Thank You!

Community Member

Are there any wizard spells, whether dots or auras, that crank up physical power in a short time? Thanks.
    Illikus Teluvien - arcane archer of Aerenal

Quote Originally Posted by Del View Post
    Are there any wizard spells, whether dots or auras, that crank up physical power in a short time? Thanks.
    Your best options are things like Firewall or Acid Cloud. Acid cloud probably being the best bet since there is no saving throw and it has a decent duration. Only ticks every 2 seconds though
    Kestros, Wisdom Wolf
    Leader of The Shadowtouched, Ghallanda
    Member of the Tyrs Fellowship

Community Member

Firewall did seem to work but not very effectively due to the small AOE size. I thought I tried Acid Cloud without luck but will try again.

Community Member

I just tested Acid Rain and Acid Fog again and they do not stack the physical damage proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Del View Post
    I just tested Acid Rain and Acid Fog again and they do not stack the physical damage proc.
    Well I would like to see their rationalization of that one lol. Why does the Warlock aura count while these two actual spells don't?
    Kestros, Wisdom Wolf
    Leader of The Shadowtouched, Ghallanda
    Member of the Tyrs Fellowship

Community Member

Acid cloud and others should work with this. Geez it's been 4 years already.
    Toon on cannith

The violation of the principle least astonishment is due to this...Good luck on getting it fixed since its an inherent problem with the spell classification system itself.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6015723

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alcides View Post
    The violation of the principle least astonishment is due to this...Good luck on getting it fixed since its an inherent problem with the spell classification system itself.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6015723
    I know this is an old post, but it still irritates me. Funny How Force Edge works with death aura. Read the descriptions.

Force's Edge: When you cast an offensive spell, you gain +1 Competence Bonus to Critical Threat Range for 12 seconds. When you make a Melee Attack, you gain +5% Spell Critical Chance for 12 seconds.

Arcane Warrior - Your offensive spells grant you a stack of Arcane Warrior: Physical (+1 Melee and Ranged Power).

One doesn't work with certain spells but the other works with those just fine? Ok.... Thanks for your great explanation SSG.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12