Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Arcane Warrior does not trigger the MP/RP buff with certain damage spells

I was very hopeful for this feat, but I admit that the main use I had in mind for it doesn't seem to be working currently. Specifically, there are 3 key spells it's not working with at the moment-

-Lesser Death Aura
    -Death Aura
    -Negative Energy Burst

Now in my tests with this feat, I quickly became aware that the Ranged Power/Melee Power buff from spells are only supposed to trigger when you land damage on an enemy, so no, LDA/DA wouldn't generate stacks from healing a PM. Stinks, but I'll live. That said, I would expect it to generate stacks in the middle of a mob, 1 per second. Yet with all 3 of these abilities, it fails to generate any. Not even 1 on the first damage tic. Negative Energy Burst should be 1 as well, but it isn't when next to enemies.

If I had to guess, it's because the Devs have been working so hard to get these spells to work without triggering anti-damage effects that hurt PM's, to the point that the game no longer interprets these as damage spells, and so overlooks them for the purposes of Arcane Warrior. Yet considering these are three of the primary spells I pull out for offense and defense with my EK, I would really like to be able to use them with this ability.

-Jayron

Read by QA!

As was the bug report stating this exact thing.

Community Member

Default Does Arcane Warrior Work Yet

Wondering if anything happened on this, Arcane Warrior has no wiki page so it's hard to see what if anything has been fixed with it.
    Would love to know if Death Aura can proc the mp yet.

The thing that makes me sad is that it doesn't trigger with artificer runearm use, either. Runearm blasts don't count as spells, and they don't count as attacks--even though they have a spell DC and do damage.

This would be a great ability for artificers except that triggering it is a giant pain in the rear.
    Kimmeh--Lehren--Natheme--Arekkeh--Daiahn--Yesminde
    Join Magefire Cannon on Thelanis!
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    The thing that makes me sad is that it doesn't trigger with artificer runearm use, either. Runearm blasts don't count as spells, and they don't count as attacks--even though they have a spell DC and do damage.

This would be a great ability for artificers except that triggering it is a giant pain in the rear.
    Yeah, I agree. I ended up using this on a RANGER of all things!!! The synergy between spell power from shooting arrows and imbues from Arcane Archer was too good to pass up. Or maybe it was meant for rangers and not for straight magic users. idk. I just always thought of it as an only arcane thing...

It's a cool idea with awkward implementation, is all, because everything that would REALLY benefit from it is really awkward to use effectively.

It should work the best with aura attacks, stuff that hits that way. So it would be great on a mix-build druid, for instance, because they get a lot of AOE DOT spells, so you throw some of those up and you switch to animal form and chew things up. Except that this is not a viable druid build because druid enhancements are jacked. It's not effective for artificers, because it doesn't work with runearms. It's not really useful for Warlocks that I've seen. Doesn't work well for wizards or sorcerers that I've seen.

It'd work pretty well for a divine crusader type if the floor glow works with it.
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

It'd work pretty well for a divine crusader type if the floor glow works with it.
    Melee caster who uses dots for extra damage.

Only way I could see it.
    Nightmanis De'Corenai 20 Rogue Mechanic or Assassin. Depending on how I feel during the etr.
    Sereine De'Corenai Paladin. Because ETR.

Guild of Won, Officer
    Fors Fortis, Officer

Hate to twist your mind, but God ain't on your side

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

It's not effective for artificers, because it doesn't work with runearms. It's not really useful for Warlocks that I've seen.
    AFAIK, it procs off xbow bolts and arty spells / SLAs; so if you're doing a hybrid build, it should charge up fine, just a little slower than if it procced off RAs as well. The real issue IMO is its disproportionate power: +20 Melee / Ranged Power is a much bigger DPS increase than +20 Spellpower due to all the power creep in the latter. The Spellpower bonus would need to be at least 5-10x bigger to really be useful, IMO.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

There is at least 1 runearm it works with, from what I understand. The runearm from Hound counts as a spell. I haven't pulled that yet so cannot verify that but that is what I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    There is at least 1 runearm it works with, from what I understand. The runearm from Hound counts as a spell. I haven't pulled that yet so cannot verify that but that is what I understand.
    Really? I have one and I don't recall it working when I tested it. Maybe I'll try again.
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

I tried using this on my bard, and very quickly switched it out. I was really hoping that Reverberate & Arcane Pulse would hit per tick, but it was only doing the initial shot. Her meleeing ramped up the spellpower nicely, but she just couldn't keep up the other side of things so it was useless. When I get on Lama later to play with the FvS changes, I'm going to have to level her up and then see if the archon laser counts, because *that* would be very useful indeed.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Yeah, Machination of Madness is a no-go.
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Do any monk specials kick it off?
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

WHOO. The Archon laser does, indeed, kick off the MP/RP portion of it! Melee-specced FvS just may be the winner here.

I'll try to level up my monk later to find out about those moves; really wish I hadn't *just* TR'd her a couple of days ago! lol
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Blade barrier works really well--you can get up to 20 martial stacks very fast then just mow stuff down. So it's not bad for an arti to kite things.
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    WHOO. The Archon laser does, indeed, kick off the MP/RP portion of it! Melee-specced FvS just may be the winner here.

I'll try to level up my monk later to find out about those moves; really wish I hadn't *just* TR'd her a couple of days ago! lol
    It's probably going to be finishers that work with it, if anything.
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council
    2017-2021 PC Member

It's probably going to be finishers that work with it, if anything.
    Only attacks that I found that worked was Breath of the Fire Dragon (Fire-fire-fire finisher) and Ki Bolt. Lily Petal & Orchid Bloom also activated it, but Drifting Lotus, Scattering of Petals, and EiN did not.

None of the ele-light-ele finishers worked, nor did light-light-light (unsurprising, as none of them are actually attacks). No idea about anything dark,

Neither Void, nor Void-Light-Void finisher did anything.

None of the Elemental Ki Strikes did it, nor did the Henshin elemental line leading up to Void Strike.

Cauldron of Flame hit for every tic, and that alone brought the stack up to 14, even with the decay; decay brought it down to 9 before it was off timer again. But that seems VERY promising if you're a Henshin build, at least in arena battles and boss battles; maybe not regular questing where you're constantly on the move. Looked like Incinerating Wave did as well, but if so it disappeared almost instantly.

So, basically... Breath of the Fire Dragon, Lily Petal, Orchid Bloom, and Cauldron of Flame. And no idea about dark stuff.
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Arcane Warrior is set up to build charges off of either attacks or harmful spells.

Casting anything that is classified as a harmful spell (which includes a lot of things that you wouldn't necessarily think of such as Monks Cauldron of Flame and Favored Souls Lantern Archon shots) will result in it's buff value being increased.

On the flipside anything classified as a helpful spell (which has to include things like Death Aura for a variety of reasons) will not result in the buff value being increased.

No spell can be classified as both. So, Death Aura and the other spells which heal palemasters can not qualify for this ability. Systematically, they just can't.

So rune arms aren't classified as spells at all?
    Follow PB on Twitch!
    PB's Youtube Channel

Community Member

Hii
    Anyone chequed if druid call lighting storm or primal avatar stormrage procs multiple times?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast