Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ED needs rework

Quote Originally Posted by AzureDragonas View Post
    T1 twist on mysterious cloak/paladin pl 2x and devotion heals more than 1k my shuriken cannon.

after you stack it, which requires attacking or standing and kiting mobs, proper dps will kill monster faster than that mob even gets more than 10 stacks, for any other non-damage or tank as i told Another MF
    which again invalidates build making ed to kill monster not you.

I won't arggue you already seems to be fallend from moon, where new updates gives even more DS making zeal even more worhtless while some builds already with killer T5 monk stances have 70-90 doublestrike standing and wolfs even 100 before it was even a thing.

You mean same absoprions we get from ship already after damage reduction from emelental resistance? and petrification which are casted probably in 2-4 quests in entire game like WGU and abbot/mod?

Y i know really fun 500 light damage while some builds with LD again on helpless does 10k on crits which can even doublestrike- good for tanks unusable for any Damage dealer

i told even with 70-90 heal amp cocon with devotion can heal up 1k easily, makes DC really needed? It's more for those who like zerg get as many mobs as they can and put aura so they could survive till mobs dies again "WHILE THEY ZERG AND KITE IN AURA"

Tryed never picked again, on caster to trow 100 spell points on maxed it or use ruin with energy burst? It's a T6 ability which is worse than T4 draconic twist

So exploit that barbarian can use while raged? Casting spell while he can't even use primal screem. Mentioned should be fixed

This 1 sorry is best again best dps ed for 99% population to raise even more while its already best choice becouse you can't make simple conclusions
    Nonsense.

who the heck cares if zeal is a boss ability ? Trash dies so quickly, no one gives a **** about that.

You need to kill the red/purple named to finish the quest. Just skip the trash and be done with it.

So yes, DC > LD.

Community Member

Maybe this is just a playstyle difference, but in my experience people end up dying more often to trash than bosses. The latter are usually solitary monsters that can be effectively kited (though not CC'ed) or tanked by a beefy player. The former tend to get pulled in overlarge numbers and while they can be CC'ed, it's hard to keep track of more than half a dozen un-CC'ed mobs and avoid being hit by them. I'm thinking specifically of WGU here, but I see a lot of quests where trash is more problematic than the boss(es). If we're talking raids, you've usually got a couple of designated healers who have their hands full with the pseudo-tanks, making the mitigation of damage dealt by trash even more important.

I'm not surprised that people run DC for dps tests - with endgame builds (like the ones used by folks who care about dps tests), the PRR is insignificant and the MP might only contribute 20% to weapon damage. It's got nothing on the burst provided by Zeal, especially for these endgame builds. If this game were more like WOW, where everyone's level-cap content was a DPS race against bosses with several million HP, then DC would blow LD out of the water (and it does against raid bosses). But this game is dungeon-oriented, not boss-oriented, meaning the lead-up to the boss is often as important (or more so) than the few tricks the boss can throw at you.

You seemed to take a lot of umbrage at my post with some rough numbers of Blitz damage - I'm glad you responded, but it would have been nice if you'd actually looked at the calculations, which included the diminishing returns of melee power. In your comparison between DC and LD, it would have been nice if you'd fairly represented the versatility of both EDs, which AzureDragonas pointed out in his post.

DC vs. LD is like the TWF vs. THF debate: TWF is clearly better for single-target damage, and THF is clearly better for AoE (aka trash) damage. TWF is better at burst thanks to abilities like Dance of Death and Zeal, and it benefits more from action boosts (if you deal X% more damage with your auto-attacks, then a 30% haste boost will help TWF .3*X% more than it will help a THF build).

We can argue numbers until the cows come home, but I think the best indication is what players tend to use more. I see a larger percentage of players using THF builds and/or running LD (which a LOT of builds can use to great effect and is more effective on builds with low MP/RP/PRR) than TWF and/or DC (which is higher single-target/burst DPS but requires more specific build parameters). Since trash fights take up a larger percentage of the time spent in dungeons, this slight preference for LD seems pretty logical. I'm still going to call them equal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12