Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool More Bank Space? Leomund's Secret Chest

I recently suggested that they could add another 'banker npc' that accesses a totally separate btc bank.

Should just be able to copy and paste the code and create/link to a new database.

Could easily add pagination and search to it, and heck why not wish for the moon?

Make it an item in your backpack - call it Leomund's Secret Chest and can be used in any public area...

Leomund's Secret Chest (LSC) <--- 4995 TP
    • Comes with initial 100 inventory slots that accepts BtC/BtA/Unbound items
      • Expands to 500 total slots in 50 slot increments (995 each 50 slot add-on) (add a 'pocket' or 'organizer')
      • VIP's who purchase Leomund's Secret Chest get a bonus 10% slots (even over normal max)
        • With initial base chest of 100 slots, VIP's would receive +10 more for a total of 110 slots
        • A fully stocked chest of 500 slots, VIP's would receive 50 more for a total of 550 slots

• Functions like the shared bank
      • pagination
      • search
      • FIFO or LIFO (selectable)

• Is like a Birthday cake - double click on it and it summons an exclusive bank window (ie only it and backpack is open at once) (for obvious reasons)
    • can only be used in public spaces
    • has a 15 minute cool down between uses.
    • can store btc, bta, and unbound items.
    • great for emptying backpack into between quests (exit quest, summon, empty and continue to next quest)
    • Persists through reincarnation
    • DOES NOT go into reincarnation cache and doesn't need to be emptied.
    • Comes with a 'Secret Chest' cosmetic pet that vanishes and goes *poof*
    • the actual Leomund's Secret Chest is BtC and cannot be destroyed
    • For every character that wants a Leomund's Secret Chest, must buy separately.
    • During the Mass Mimic Mating Migration - has chance of becoming a Mimic. :P
    • When not in use - can be stored in Hireling Folder.
    • Has a separate platinum vault - capable of storing 40 million platinum
    • Has a separate Astral Shard vault - allowing secure storage of AS's - so cannot spend accidentally.

Since is exclusive no lag from opening existing bank.
    Since on timer, and new database no or virtually no lag from opening Leomund's Secret Chest

#koboldkonsortium

Great idea, i would love to see something like this
    When you stand out in the rain, you get wet.

The Long Shot - where I write about stuff: www.thelongshotist.com

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

/signed

After all, as Sev mentioned in a recent interview or was it Cord in that interview ~ one of the main things players would want from player house is bank space: Meaning perhaps bank space is more important than the house itself by far?

just thought of two more things:

1) by creating a new database, allow for much more advanced database design, which allows for more features, more security, faster and less laggy use.

2) include a 'empty TR cache into Leomund's Secret Chest' feature that would make sure enough space is there, then auto-dump from the cache to the LSC in one button.

#koboldkonsortium

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    I recently suggested that they could add another 'banker npc' that accesses a totally separate btc bank.

Should just be able to copy and paste the code and create/link to a new database.

Could easily add pagination and search to it, and heck why not wish for the moon?

Make it a item in you backpack - call it Leomund's Secret Chest and can be used in any public area...

Leomund's Secret Chest (LSC) <--- 4995 TP
    • Comes with initial 100 inventory slots that accepts BtC/BtA/Unbound items
      • Expands to 500 total slots in 50 slot increments (995 each 50 slot add-on) (add a 'pocket' or 'organizer')
      • VIP's who purchase Leomund's Secret Chest get a bonus 10% slots (even over normal max)
        • With initial base chest of 100 slots, VIP's would receive +10 more for a total of 110 slots
        • A fully stocked chest of 500 slots, VIP's would receive 50 more for a total of 550 slots

• Functions like the shared bank
      • pagination
      • search
      • FIFO or LIFO (selectable)

• Is like a Birthday cake - double click on it and it summons an exclusive bank window (ie only it and backpack is open at once) (for obvious reasons)
    • can only be used in public spaces
    • has a 15 minute cool down between uses.
    • can store btc, bta, and unbound items.
    • great for emptying backpack into between quests (exit quest, summon, empty and continue to next quest)
    • Persists through reincarnation
    • DOES NOT go into reincarnation cache and doesn't need to be emptied.
    • Comes with a 'Secret Chest' cosmetic pet that vanishes and goes *poof*
    • the actual Leomund's Secret Chest is BtC and cannot be destroyed
    • For every character that wants a Leomund's Secret Chest, must buy separately.
    • During the Mass Mimic Mating Migration - has chance of becoming a Mimic. :P
    • When not in use - can be stored in Hireling Folder.

Since is exclusive no lag from opening existing bank.
    Since on timer, and new database no or virtually no lag from opening Leomund's Secret Chest

This is a wonderful idea BUT:

That price is INSANE!

This is a per character item and that cost would be high if it gave every created character in perpetuity on the account a Leomund's Chest!

5,000 TP is £37.50+VAT {well over $50 and probably over $60!}!

Per Character this should cost more like 995tp to buy and 495tp per upgrade!

Oh and no thanks to the Mimic parts!
    Last edited by FranOhmsford; 11-26-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Oh and no thanks to the Mimic parts!
    What! you don't want to kill a mimic to get to your stuff? Mass Mayhem in the streets of Stormreach! 1st level adventurers being chased by their LSC!!! ;p talk about a popcorn moment!

#koboldkonsortium

Quote Originally Posted by archerforever View Post
    What happen when you TR ??? you cant put it in shared bank and you have NOTHING in your inventory when you TR so i dont understand

15 mins cooldown is way too much, 15 seconds are enough
    Leomund's Secret Chest persists through reincarnation - so what happens when you TR/ER/IR/LR? nothing. what was in it before is there after the reincarnation, exactly like it was. Basically, the reincarnation process ignores the Leomund's Secret Chest.

15 minutes might be too long, but no less than 3 minutes. I am making an educated guess here, but can't explain the technical reasoning for this, but has to do with all the commotion in the last year concerning banks. I would prefer no timer - but am guessing there would have to be one.

#koboldkonsortium

Community Member

Why a 15 min cool down timer? Why stored in a hireling folder? @ 5k TP per base purchase why for EVERY character and then having to buy the extra slots on top of it?

You would need 8 upgrades to get the full 500 slots so 8000 TP + 4995TP = 12995 TP's to fully upgrade it on a single toon.

The closest TP bundle is 11,000 for $99.99 America so since I'm in Canada that would be $99.99 @ .75 cents on the dollar would be rounding $125.00.

I have 15 toons on this account. One is my 'Main', one is a alt since I have to have a toon that is EE raid capable, and two are fun, mess around, test toons. So... $125 x 4 = $500 for bank space.

I would most likely also want this on a few other mules so lets say four of them, so another $500 bucks so a nice even cool G-note.

( and yes I know im loosing a 2000TP on each cycle on my math there.... remember kids math solves nothing )

I believe that you didn't think this through all the way OP. Make is 4995tp for the 500 slots, take away the cool down and I would buy one for EVERY toon on my account.

Community Member

just thought of two more things:

1) by creating a new database, allow for much more advanced database design, which allows for more features, more security, faster and less laggy use.

2) include a 'empty TR cache into Leomund's Secret Chest' feature that would make sure enough space is there, then auto-dump from the cache to the LSC in one button.

I don't think it would be able to stay out of the Tr cache tho. The way the GM described the TR cache to me is that it takes the data of the items in your inventory when you TR and makes copies of them. When you pull a item out of your TR cache the game is basically creating a nwe item that is also why we have the cache 'lag'.

It's not like moving a item out of your shared bank into your inventory. It's also why if you delete a toon and get in reinstated at a later date they can not restore your TR cache (and yes I found that out the hard way).

One other thing, they can't fix display errors and bug with stuff they already have in game, you think they have the time/manpower/will to create a whole new data base? If you believe that I have some water under a bridge for sale cheap...bridge for sale also.
    Last edited by 1Soulless1; 11-26-2015 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Soulless1 View Post
    I don't think it would be able to stay out of the Tr cache tho. The way the GM described the TR cache to me is that it takes the data of the items in your inventory when you TR and makes copies of them. When you pull a item out of your TR cache the game is basically creating a nwe item that is also why we have the cache 'lag'.
    on Lamannia when they introduced ER and IR they didn't hook up the cache to the reincarnation scripts, so IR handled the cache like ER does.

SO they can do it -

#koboldkonsortium

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

on Lamannia when they introduced ER and IR they didn't hook up the cache to the reincarnation scripts, so IR handled the cache like ER does.

SO they can do it -
    Interesting.

[*]has a 15 minute cool down between uses.
    You had me at more inventory.
    You lost me at 15 minute cooldown.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    So what would you recommend? IF there has to be a timer (which I think there might have to be)?

#koboldkonsortium

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

You had me at more inventory...
    +1 this

the rest is details

But very interesting lore.

Personally I could live with a cooldown on any bank, its usually once and done unless I use an xp gem from daily dice or open a crafting window. {I assume you mean 15 opening cooldown, not activity?}

Its the individual lag from heavy laddened TR caches that bother me during prime time.
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 11-27-2015 at 12:06 PM.

So what would you recommend? IF there has to be a timer (which I think there might have to be)?

I don't see any reason to require any timer whatsoever.
    a timer is typically implemented to impede abuse.
    its a bank interface from open area's, what purpose would the timer serve.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Same here. More inventory is the most requested change to the game.

Always +1 to any threads asking for more BtC bank space (on timer atm though).
    So many threads on this topic and I like it!

Don't want to repeat things I wrote in other thread, so I'll just quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Robai View Post
    For most of my toons 160 inventory slots is about right, don't need more, except maybe for my main toon, who has to carry various pairs of TWF weapons and various bows, also trapping items (for that specific toon I'd buy +20 more slots).

But the main problem is not inventory slots, it's BtC Bank space slots since currently I'm carrying like 10-40 rare items (depends on the toon), which I don't use atm, and on my Wiz that means he is slowed down a lot since low Str and weight is a problem (usually Load: Medium, but sometimes even Load: Heavy, especially after Ray of Enfeeblement or similar effects).

I'd buy +1000 more BtC bank slots for each of my main toons (if the price is not too high).
    Quote Originally Posted by Robai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    There can never be enough storage space - no matter how much they give us, we'd still fill it up and want more.
    This is similar to Turbine Points. It's never enough.
    But it's not as limited as BtC bank space. Turbine gladly accepts any payments for TPs (the more the better).

Storage space is also never enough, but in this case Turbine refuses to accept your payment.
    Everyone has different opinions on how much they need Bank Space, but opinions shouldn't matter here (if you buy it that means you want it and thus enjoy the game, not to mention support the game).
    Loot Design, S/S/S system, TR Cache Button, The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

I don't see any reason to require any timer whatsoever.
    a timer is typically implemented to impede abuse.
    its a bank interface from open area's, what purpose would the timer serve.
    I agree on the timer not being needed, but included it just in case the Dev's would want to include it. This way the suggestion can only get better and the Dev's look magnanimous by eliminating it and lowering the price.

#koboldkonsortium

Has anyone ever suggested this as an actual spell - maybe a gnome racial SLA?

Thinking something like:

Target friend, self
    Grants +1 personal inventory tab for 1 hour of quest time (meaning timer stops ticking when out of quests, so that you can take your loot back and sell it) or until log off, whichever comes first.

Its utility and niche, and has zero impact on gameplay except to end those '**** my inventory is full' moments, which is a good thing. It might eat into inventory sales but since I've only ever bought one of those ever (way too expensive for something limited to a single character), I couldn't really say.

But it would be very 'gnomey'.
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 11-28-2015 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

.... - call it Leomund's Secret Chest and can be used in any public area......

You forgot one of the bestest parts of leo's Chest:

...While the chest is in the Ethereal Plane, there is a cumulative 1% chance per week that some being finds it. This chance is reset to 1% whenever the chest is recalled and the spell recast to return it to the Ethereal Plane. If the chest is found, the DM must work out the encounter and decide how the being reacts to the chest (for example, it might ignore the chest, fully or partially empty it, or even exchange or add to the items present!)....
    THAT would make it fun.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast