Community Member

Default Launcher not connecting

I upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seemed to go ok, and then I tried to start DDO. The Launcher seems to start just fine, but never actually connects, I just get the message, "Server connection Timed Out". As far as I can tell, windows firewall is set to allow the turbine launcher to go through, but its not making the connection.

Any help?

Community Member

Default Akami

So it seems that part if not all of the issue seems to be with Akami and how it works with the launcher. As soon as I converted my computer back to win 7, and started the game that I had uninstalled and reinstalled, I had to click the "I accept" box in the Akami window that popped up and the launcher connected and started to update the game. Now I just need to figure out how to get the Akami thing to work in windows 10, could use some help there.

Quote Originally Posted by Abilbo View Post
    So it seems that part if not all of the issue seems to be with Akami and how it works with the launcher. As soon as I converted my computer back to win 7, and started the game that I had uninstalled and reinstalled, I had to click the "I accept" box in the Akami window that popped up and the launcher connected and started to update the game. Now I just need to figure out how to get the Akami thing to work in windows 10, could use some help there.
    Beyond the initial file download Akamai isn't needed at all, open your launcher settings and untick the box allowing file downloads from Akamai.

Stoner81.