Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Update 29 Feats: Legendary Feats

***Please make sure you have read this thread first, it contains an overview of Update 29 Feats.***

At level 30 you will get a choice of one Legendary Feat. These feats are stronger than most of your standard feats, and pull their power from different planes. To help round power levels in upper Epic, a lot of these feats are meant to be a little more powerful for characters that have built for versatility; most of them include parts useful to many kinds of players.

• Scion of the Plane of Earth
      • +4 to the DCs of Conjuration spells, +2 to the DCs of other spells
      • +20 PRR
      • +10 Acid Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power
      • Add 2d20 Acid damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)

• Scion of the Plane of Air
      • +4 to the DCs of Evocation spells, +2 to the DCs of other spells
      • +4% Dodge, +4 to Dodge Cap
      • +10 Electric Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power
      • Add 2d20 Electric damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)

• Scion of the Plane of Fire
      • +25% Spell Critical Damage with all spells
      • +10 PRR, +10 MRR
      • +10 Fire Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power
      • Add 2d20 Fire damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)

• Scion of the Plane of Water
      • +200 Maximum Spell Points
      • +20 MRR
      • +10 Cold Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power
      • Add 2d20 Cold damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)

• Scion of the Feywild
      • +10 Sonic Spell Power, +30 Universal Spell Power
      • +4 to the DCs of Enchantment spells, +2 to DCs of other spells
      • Add 2d20 Sonic damage to weapon and unarmed attacks (Scales with Spell Power)
      • +20 Healing Amp

• Scion of the Shadowfell
      • +4 to the DCs of Necromancy spells, +2 to DCs of other spells
      • +40 Negative Spell Power
      • +20 Negative Amp (assuming you take healing from Negative)
      • Weapon and Unarmed attacks heal you for 1d6 Positive damage, or 1d6 Negative damage if you are Undead.

• Scion of the Ethereal Plane
      • Permanent Blur, and while sneaking, permanent Displacement.
      • +1 point of Sneak Attack damage for every 2 points of Hide you have
      • +2 to all Skills
      • Permanent Invisibility Guard, as per the item effect

• Scion of the Astral Plane
      • +4 to Tactical Feat DCs
      • +4% Doublestrike & Doubleshot. An additional +4 if you are centered.
      • +4% Dodge.
      • +4 to Reflex Saves.

• Scion of Mechanus
      • +20 Repair & Rust Spell Power, +20 Universal Spell Power
      • +20 Repair Amplification (assuming you take healing from Repair)
      • +10% Fortification Bypass on weapon and unarmed attacks
      • Gain: Master Reconstruction, shares cooldown with Communion of Scribing

• Scion of Celestia
      • +20 Positive, Light, & Alignment Spell Power, +20 Universal Spell Power
      • +30% Crit Damage with Positive, Light, & Alignment spells
      • +150 Maximum Hit Points
      • +4 to Will Saves

• Scion of Elysium
      • Summoned creatures gain +25 PRR and MRR
      • Summoned creatures gain +20 MP, RP, and USP
      • Summoned creatures gain +100% Fortification
      • Summoned creatures gain a 5% chance to ignore incoming damage entirely. Does not affect any incoming Positive, Negative, or Repair effects.

• Scion of Arborea
      • +20 Melee and Ranged Power
      • +20 Force Spell Power and +20 Universal Spell Power
      • +2 to the Enhancement Bonus of your weapon
      • +4 to Fortitude Saves

• Scion of Limbo
      • +2 Determination Bonus to all Saves
      • eight buffs, each one minute long. Cycles randomly.
        • +40 Melee and Ranged power, +80 Spell Power
        • +16% Doublestrike & Doubleshot, +20% Spell Crit Damage
        • +30 PRR and MRR
        • +20% Dodge and +40 Healing Amp
        • +20 DR /Law
        • Your weapon/unarmed strikes and spells deal 1d20 Chaos Damage
        • Each time you would be damaged, you have a +5% chance to completely ignore the damage. Does not affect any incoming Positive, Negative, or Repair effects.
        • Confetti explodes around your shoulders. Festive!
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    [*]Confetti explodes around your shoulders. Festive!
    Oh my... Can you fix the Confetti Stick ( Wayfinder Scepter ) so that it's confetti effect actually stay on all the time... and doesn't turn off after 30 seconds ?

On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Some nice options :-)

Limbo looks fun, question; about Limbo;
    * do I have to cast the buff each minute?
    * or cast it once and it cycles?
    * or is it a passive that cycles automatically?

Mechanus allows a BF to free up alot of racial AP, also gives a FTP warforged (non caster) reconstruct at 30

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Oh my... Can you fix the Confetti Stick ( Wayfinder Scepter ) so that it's confetti effect actually stay on all the time... and doesn't turn off after 30 seconds ?

• +2 to all Skills

Calcs are saying that this is a lot better than Arb melee power ranged power.
    I'd reccomend changing it to 1 point of sneak damage for 3 points of hide, and adding improved deception. OR everyone who wants max dps will be crying it is OP.

On a pure ranger you can get 100 hide pretty easy.
    7 attacks per second, 50 sneak attack damage, 1.5 MP modifier, 150 MP
    7*50*1.5*2.5= 1,300 dps

At 3 hide per sneak attack damage...
    7*33*1.5*2.5= 866 dps. This seems like too little since its SA not MP, and Arb gives about 800 dps to a pure ranger. So give the feat imp. deception or sumtin else I tink.

Community Member

Does the sneak attack damage of Scion of the Ethereal Plane work on ranks of hide, points spent in hide, or your hide score?

the biggest thing I don't like about these is that it resembles too much like EDs, as in very generalized so all builds can benefit from it.

Scion of the Ethereal Plane, there is already gear out there with perma blur and displacement. it looks like that would fit well with a rogue/ranger type. how long does the displacement last for? because when you are spotted by mobs and get hit or mobs miss you, you automatically come out of sneak mode.

Scion of Limbo, I could see min/max players pulling their hair over this one. I don't know if I like it or not because of how random and unreliable it would be when you would want a certain buff at the right time.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    the biggest thing I don't like about these is that it resembles too much like EDs, as in very generalized so all builds can benefit from it.

Scion of the Ethereal Plane, there is already gear out there with perma blur and displacement. it looks like that would fit well with a rogue/ranger type. how long does the displacement last for? because when you are spotted by mobs and get hit or mobs miss you, you automatically come out of sneak mode.

Scion of Limbo, I could see min/max players pulling their hair over this one. I don't know if I like it or not because of how random and unreliable it would be when you would want a certain buff at the right time.
    Surely min/max players wouldnt take Limbo. They would take the best from the above. Limbo is for people who want to have random fun.

Scion of the Shadowfell
    +4 to the DCs of Necromancy spells, +2 to DCs of other spells
    +40 Negative Spell Power
    +20 Negative Amp (assuming you take healing from Negative)
    Weapon and Unarmed attacks heal you for 1d6 Positive damage, or 1d6 Negative damage if you are Undead.

Why not 30 Universal Spell Power and 10 negative like the others?
    Last edited by Demsac; 11-17-2015 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymunchkin View Post
    I'd reccomend changing it to 1 point of sneak damage for 3 points of hide, and adding improved deception. OR everyone who wants max dps will be crying it is OP.

7*50*1.5*2.5= 1,300 dps

7*33*1.5*2.5= 866 dps. This seems like too little since its SA not MP, and Arb gives about 800 dps to a pure ranger. So give the feat imp. deception or sumtin else I tink.
    i think you need to come back to first school... your counts are completely wrong
    Leader de "I GRANCHI AVIATORI" -->Toons:

Axart - Bowart - Chainart - Drondell - Healart - Jysela - Mesmerizart - Palwart - Tankart - Warelize - Wrapart

Looks like a nice selection. Good theme here.

Suggestion: make the elemental damage bonus abilities toggles, so that they can be turned off when going against enemies that we would be healing with it (ex. Fire damage for Scion of Fire toggles on and off so we don't heal iron golems).
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.
    Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu

Bug report form link

Default The Horror

Hate this. Because of this update, I will soon be out of shape, have no social life, and my eyes will bleed from spending so much time playing around with all these different powerful choices. At a preliminary glance, I now need to either boost my hide through the roof, pick a spellpower to find a way to slot, play with limbo and see how effective it's boosting is, try a super summon build with all the new summoning changes and wow people with the scariest Epic Tharaak Hound ever, or just go conservative and take a massive survivability boost. I know these feats are going to be shouted down as power creep, but personally they are all very well balanced with each other (Exception Mechanic and Astral, but those are for WF/Monk mainly anyway) and will be a lot of fun to put a lot of time into playing with.

With all the recent spellpower scaling melee/ranged attack type things that are showing up recently though, I hope that Epic Greensteel includes some type of innate bonus to a selected element in addition to melee capabilities. Otherwise, it'll be a bit of a pain trying to boost spellpower for these type abilities.
    Dazling of Cannith

• +2 to all Skills

I love the list! So many interesting build options.

With all the lesser displacement items in the game may I suggest lesser displacement instead of blur. Also, instead of displacement while sneaking it would be nice to have displacement for xx seconds when coming out of sneak where xx is half your hide skill.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

[B][URL="https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/467837-Update-29-Feats-Overview"]
    • Scion of the Astral Plane
      • +4 to Tactical Feat DCs
      • +4% Doublestrike & Doubleshot. An additional +4 if you are centered.
      • +4% Dodge.
      • +4 to Reflex Saves.
    I don't feel this dps buff is good enough to compete with some of the others. Maybe add +1 crit threat? For monks add +1 ki regen and an additional 20% doublestrike?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik_Loki View Post
    your counts are completely wrong
    lol

Community Member

7*50*1.5*2.5= 1,300 dps

It ends up pretty balanced with the elemental ones when you factor in spell power and things like ToEE weapons. Have you seen that we are getting an additional 54 universal spell power from epic levels? Not to mention the 40 additional you would get from the legendary feat. Its going to be fairly easy to get ~60 damage a hit in elemental damage as well as the other benefits from those feats. Min maxers will find a way to game the system and get much more than that. I know the sonic one in a bard in fatesinger could net you ~100 a hit in the right situation.

7*50*1.5*2.5= 1,300 dps

IMO it shouldn't vary with Hide skill thats just going to lead to bad things like how Coup de Grace is based on preform there is to much legacy content that take skills for granted adding big chunks on the basis that its a niche and can get high then something like this would intend.

IMO it should just be a flat 10-15 d6 sneak attack,

Are these stances? The always on to weapons and unarmed attacks could be a problem when fighting mobs that are healed by certain damage types. Would be nice to be able to turn that off.

Calculations are saying that this is a lot better than Arb melee power ranged power.
    I'd recommend changing it to 1 point of sneak damage for 3 points of hide, and adding improved deception. OR everyone who wants max dps will be crying it is OP.

7*50*1.5*2.5= 1,300 dps

7*33*1.5*2.5= 866 dps. This seems like too little since its SA not MP, and Arb gives about 800 dps to a pure ranger. So give the feat imp. deception or something else I think.
    70 Dexterity (Probably too high, this is with tomes and maxed out end-game gear)= +30 Hide
    23 Ranks = +23 Hide
    Deepwood Stalker = +3 Hide
    Augment (Hard to find, harder when it's useful) = +15 Hide
    71 Hide (With numbers that are probably too high and a very uncommon item)
    Even with a +6 dexterity skills item (Not recommended) only at
    77 Hide

77 Hide= +38 Sneak Attack Damage
    Melee Power: +6 Sightless, +20 ToEE Set, +70 Blitz, +14 Tempest, +18 MP Dreadnought, +30 MP Epic Levels, +2 MP Tomes (Getting silly now)= 160 (Your numbers were a bit conservative, figured I'd go all out)
    Melee Power multiplies +38 by 150% of itself; Therefore, effective increase of *2.4
    38 * 2.4 = 91.2
    Attacks per second base of TWF~3 (Tested loosely on my guild ship dummy with 28 BAB and Haste Boost Going)
    Attacks with 58% Doublestrike (15% Fellblade or Firstblood, 9% 3 EPL, 20% Killer, 5% Perfect TWF, 9% Tempest)~4.74
    Attacks with 35% Offhand Doublestrike as well(10% Perfect TWF, 25% Capstone)~5.79
    Rounding up to make sure my point is proven~6 attacks per second

6(attacks per second) * 91.2 (damage per attack)= 548 DPS (Rounded the .2 up, it makes my number look scarier at the cost of good math)

Make sure to show your work, otherwise I have to write all of mine out to disprove it. Personally the hide bonus is just fine how it is, this number was calculating in everything and rounding up, as well as including some things that aren't practical. Arborea still isn't highly appealing to me personally, but when these come out I'll probably be using Plane of Water at least to start anyway for the MRR Boost and significant DPS increase.
    Dazling of Cannith

Default Agreed

I don't feel this dps buff is good enough to compete with some of the others. Maybe add +1 crit threat? For monks add +1 ki regen and an additional 20% doublestrike?
    Agreed that this one looks a bit weak. Doubling everything in this one would make it much more competitive.
    Dazling of Cannith

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast