Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Legendary Raids and Bypass Timers

Hello! We're writing today to let you know about a change in the way raid timer bypasses work in Legendary raids. We want to get this information out to you now, rather than wait before you see it on Lamannia, to separate out the discussion, and focus feedback on other aspects of Update 29 when Lamannia arrives with its first preview soon.

Update 29 introduces Legendary raiding to DDO, which are new raids that are CR31+. For Legendary raids, players will be able to bypass the three-day raid timer through the use of a Legendary Raid Timer Bypass, which will be available in Silver and Gold Daily Dice, as a rare chest drop, and in the DDO Store. Non-Legendary Raid Timer Bypasses will keep their current functionality in non-Legendary raids, and we will not be adjusting their ability to be used consecutively.

We've heard from the community about the impact that non-Legendary Raid Timer Bypasses have had over the past few years, including a desire by some to set usage limits on these timers. The feedback we've received on this subject has been often controversial and mixed, and we've spent quite a bit of time discussing the issue internally. We prefer to allow the current timers to function as they are without adjustment. The number of raid timer bypasses in the game is immense; partially due to duplication exploits of the past, and partially due to the volume of timers given out in the past via Daily Dice and the 8th Anniversary Card Event, which was too high. Regardless of the cause, we want to respond to the desire by the community to make sure our raiding scene remains healthy, and do it in a way that limits the impact on players' current timer functionality, by making this change.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts. Thanks!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

A good idea simply because raiding was better before the timers existed.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Sonds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Hello! We're writing today to let you know about a change in the way raid timer bypasses work in Legendary raids. We want to get this information out to you now, rather than wait before you see it on Lamannia, to separate out the discussion, and focus feedback on other aspects of Update 29 when Lamannia arrives with its first preview soon.

Update 29 introduces Legendary raiding to DDO, which are new raids that are CR31+. For Legendary raids, players will be able to bypass the three-day raid timer through the use of a Legendary Raid Timer Bypass, which will be available in Silver and Gold Daily Dice, as a rare chest drop, and in the DDO Store. Non-Legendary Raid Timer Bypasses will keep their current functionality in non-Legendary raids, and we will not be adjusting their ability to be used consecutively.

We've heard from the community about the impact that non-Legendary Raid Timer Bypasses have had over the past few years, including a desire by some to set usage limits on these timers. The feedback we've received on this subject has been often controversial and mixed, and we've spent quite a bit of time discussing the issue internally. We prefer to allow the current timers to function as they are without adjustment. The number of raid timer bypasses in the game is immense; partially due to duplication exploits of the past, and partially due to the volume of timers given out in the past via Daily Dice and the 8th Anniversary Card Event, which was too high. Regardless of the cause, we want to respond to the desire by the community to make sure our raiding scene remains healthy, and do it in a way that limits the impact on players' current timer functionality, by making this change.

My friends and I typically raid more, and not less because of timers.

TY for doing this.

To all the the bypass timer haters, don't use them. Some players like me enjoy raiding more than questing. We sometimes spend a whole weekend just raiding for the fun of it on multiple servers.

Treasure Hunter

Default In your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Basura_Grande View Post
    A good idea simply because raiding was better before the timers existed.
    Which is the opposite of mine.

This is an absolutely horrible change for those of us who bought our timers. I have ZERO interest in running old raids! Make the timers bound to character retroactively so they cant be traded or sold then. That will fix your problem.

Also I HATE the idea of putting limits on the timers use! Back before timers players were FORCED to play multiple toons to farm mats to make shroud items for just 1 character! If you tried to farm all the mats to make just 1 lightning strike weapon using only a single toon it would take you almost a year! It SUCKED big time!

Now things are great! I only play 1 toon (and because of this is a triple everything completionist), and i want it to stay that way! I want to run as many raids a day as i can afford timers for without limitations!

As i said, make existing timers bound to character, and the problem will be solved. Only those who duped will be able to use them and wont be able to trade/sell them. Lets face it, dupers dont buy from the ddo store anyway.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

I can't argue with the decision or the reasons. Thank you for the heads-up.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Quote Originally Posted by Delacroix21 View Post
    This is an absolutely horrible change for those of us who bought our timers.
    Turbine should definitely do something for people that purchased timers recently - especially since last Thursday night when they went on sale.

I considered stocking up myself, but then I posted this and changed my mind, but for people that did purchase - yeah they should be allowed to return the timers or get those exchanged.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...k-in-Legendary

I imagine many people stocking up on raid bypass timers since the sale were doing so in anticipation of U29 and not to run more epic raids. So Turbine should offer an exchange or just flat-out refund TP for any raid bypass timers purchased since Thursday up until this announcement. Just my 2 cents.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Treasure Hunter

Default Even better

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5723935

Just remove the 3 day timer on raids, get rid of 20th completion lists, and let us run the raids whenever we want or find a party, or see an LFM.

Community Member

Thx for that!!
    I really hate raid timers anyway and there are way to many out there.

Now plz as next step abolish raid timer completly!

I loved the times when I used to cycle 8 toons through Lord of Blades!(No timers then)

I cannot believe one of my predictions came true!

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...97#post5722597

This is really good news. I didn't mind timers. But there was one point after a raid where someone was away timers to keep the whole group going ... when you have enough to likely keep a whole server population raiding everyday for ... gods knows how long. Anyway this is a great step forward.

Just remove the 3 day timer on raids, get rid of 20th completion lists, and let us run the raids whenever we want or find a party, or see an LFM.
    I also like this idea. Just let us raid whenever and let people deal with ransack on their own terms. No 20th completion list, which promotes fast easy completions as fast as possible.

Community Member

Hi,

If I was a person who posted GIFs in the forums, the one for this would have to be South Park's Big Oil Executive telling us oh so insincerely "I'm sorry."

So, we get a nerf pass accompanied by a very stingy allowance for respeccing, then straight to a sale of +20 hearts in store. "I'm sorry."

Then there is a change to timer bypass functionality immediately after a sale on them in store. 'I'mmmm sorrrryyyy."

This seems very opportunistic to me. Regarding the second change, do you not see a problem with selling a product in your store, then dramatically reducing its usefulness immediately afterwards? I know you want to cash in on the raids in u29, but there is a big difference between selling a product which works as described and profiteering from rules changes made in your own favour.

Seriously, how about encouraging us like way the company treats us so we are quite happy to spend money on your game? Is that concept completely unknown to you?

You might also want to think about adjusting the prices of the bypasses downwards. Though at this point I fully expect the old bypasses to remain at the same cost and the new ones to be more expensive. Y'know, because they're legendary.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spekdah_NZ View Post
    I also like this idea. Just let us raid whenever and let people deal with ransack on their own terms. No 20th completion list, which promotes fast easy completions as fast as possible.
    Don't care that much about the timers myself, i rarely use them. I am staunchly against removing 20th lists however. Reaching 20 completions is one of the main goals i have when i really want to get something. Remove that and i'm sure that at least i personally will raid less not more.

What an incredibly awful idea. The raiding scene is not health, actually its more like a comatose paraplegic on live support suffering from terminal brain cancer. Well their are other issues hampering Raids, none have been as detrimental to the Raiding within DDO as Raid Timer Bypasses, which have been duped, given out in huge numbers, bought passed out like candy and duped some more.

Players who are argue for inclusion of Raid Timer Bypass in the system are simply asking to run one raid to death in a short period of time looking for a specific reward.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

This would show the impact of how "endless" raid timer bypass has had. Will players buy stacks of them for a 20th completion weekend or will Legendary raids last more than a month? Tune in.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

dislike. I understand but disagree with this decision. Many people have been buying these from legit sources (including the AH and ASAH and in game store) and now they are limited in use.

Fortunately I don't plan on staying at cap for any length of time and don't plan on running any of the new raids because all the items will be ml:30.

Plus there is the added concern: NYATNSS (not yet another needing storage space).

The only people who have been complaining about timers are vocal minority - the vast majority of players just don't care.

guess I am not a fanboi anymore. :P

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    What an incredibly awful idea. The raiding scene is not health, actually its more like a comatose paraplegic on live support suffering from terminal brain cancer. Well their are other issues hampering Raids, none have been as detrimental to the Raiding within DDO as Raid Timer Bypasses, which have been duped, given out in huge numbers, bought passed out like candy and duped some more.

Players who are argue for inclusion of Raid Timer Bypass in the system are simply asking to run one raid to death in a short period of time looking for a specific reward.
    The new ones won't be duped, ideally. At least they will make money if people decide to go nuts with them.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post

It's not healthy because we gorge ourselves on the new raids when they first come out, get sick of them, and never want to rum them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5723935

uh...due to the insanely low drop rates on some, 20th is the only way you get anything. remove that and i'm done this game as the raid loot is the only stuff worth using. taking all the timers bypasses out of the game would be a good thing. give us shards for timers.

and am i right in assuming as I don't seem to read it other than the comment on the non legendary timers in that besides separate timers, you can't use more than one on raid back to back?
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

... Non-Legendary Raid Timer Bypasses will keep their current functionality in non-Legendary raids, and we will not be adjusting their ability to be used consecutively....
    I read your entire post several times now and is still not clear to me.

Will legendary raid timer bypasses be able to be used consecutively?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Lannes View Post
    Now you aren't a cookie cuttter, you are a character with unique gear and layouts and not everyone has the same mass produced epic ethereal bracers from the ghostly beholder factory.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast