DDOcast Host
    Licensed House Cannith Refuse Disposal Unit Technician

Default DDOCast 406 - Seasonal Events

Axel, DDO Players News’ Draculetta & Antha join us for some discussion, tips and tricks on DDO’s seasonal events!

Have thoughts on this show, ideas for round table topics, questions you want to ask us, or topics you’d like to see us debate? Leave us a comment, send us an email (ddocast@gmail.com) or give us a tweet (@ddocast)!

Check out www.ddocast.com for mp3 audio, our show calendar, swag, archives, and more!

Want to support the show? You can feed the kobolds (give money) on our website www.ddocast.com! We use these gifts to support the show and give out prizes.

Seasonal Festivals - 2:10
    -Festivult - 4:20
    -Risia Ice Games - 10:54
    -Midwinter Festival - 17:24
    -Festival of the Traveler - 20:06
    -Treasure of the Crystal Cove - 26:00
    -Mimic Hunt - 36:00
    -The Night Revels - 44:41
    News - 1:09:56
    Lightning Post & Closing - 1:27:03

DDO Chronicle 166
    Support Team Turbine Movember
    Axel: Night Revels Review
    Voodu: EE Mark of Death
    DDO Players News 58
    DDO Gamer: Night Revels Review
    Ghallanda Secret Santa

-- Watch live at http://www.twitch.tv/ddocast
    Shamgar ~ Pjstechie ~ Melchizedek ~ Habakkuk ~ Josheb ~ Magoi ~ Kinnor ~ Eshek ~ Zakchaios ~ Jephthah ~ Bartimaios ~ Ehudh ~ Bezaleluri ~ Nebuchad ~ Lava Divers (Khyber) ~ Epic Education ~ Building Blocks ~ DDOCast ~ contact me

I tend to use the cookies on TRs too, they're great for that but certain ones like the shadow incorporeality one, the death ward one etc. are great all the way to cap - selling those to the vets is a good way for newbies to get some funds together.

ToEE with it's large number of elemental creatures will make it a bit easier to farm for Risia tokens (i plan to at least, so i go a 3-for-1 with the craftable things & the named items in there too) so i can see that being run fairly regularly. Regarding the icy burst effect, it's older version added to the ML since it was treated as a regular item effect & when some loot changes occurred the MLs got recalculated because of it, but the newer one where it adds it specifically as "festival" isn't included in the ML calculation for the effects & won't change it.

I always run the easter egg hunt when it's active.. i was lucky enough to get a set of 5x sovereign XP pots (the 50% ones) before they realised the error & adjusted the drops - think i've still got 1 or 2 left, i've kept them for those occasions when i've felt lazy & used otto boxes - and i had a huge stack of blessings left on my old characters from devourer too (we got loads extra since no store on there at the time before those servers shut down) which i cashed in for 100+ siberys cakes when they arrived, that was a nice bonus.

Crystal cove, the spyglass is awesome & IMO essential gear for any character, since trueseeing is always handy & if you cast find traps (even from scrolls) to temporarily get the feat that lets non-rogues/arties find high-DC secret doors, then you can even uncover many of the ones that trueseeing alone won't find. And yes the trinkets.. the defensive one is my favourite, that occasional stoneskin is a lifesaver at low to medium levels.

mimic hunt i really enjoyed the concept & how it works, but the loot mechanic i agree needs work - still, looking forward to the adjusted version again & wish this was always-active just with a much smaller chance for the occasional surprise.

More glamering fodder is cool - i'm waiting for the frying pan. The dodge chocolate was particularly nice IMO, fantastic for low to mid level monks especially.

Quest for the treatment.. well considering they're treated as challenges & have pretty great xp, then longer ones would be fine too IMO - maybe rainbow in the dark, it would be a perfect place for hostile shadows & undead to lurk.

And i agree with mimic hunt as favourite for the feel of it though the night revels for it's cosmetic changes around the place come as a very close second.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.