Default fvs warpriest twf elf advice

Hello guys,

I always enjoyed my 18fvs/2monk twf dual scimitar elf. So after the new update, are there any obvious changes I should make?

What I really want:
    good dps
    acceptable ranged dps (Longbow)
    good heals (full healer)
    either scimitar or longsword
    elf (for displacement and dps and visuals)

Which destiny would fit best? Which class split would be best? Do I need evasion? Or go medium armor? I really want to have wings (either fvs or exalted angel).

Thanks in advance

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    I always enjoyed my 18fvs/2monk twf dual scimitar elf. So after the new update, are there any obvious changes I should make?
    You mean other than TR into ranger?
    What I really want:
    good dps
    acceptable ranged dps (Longbow)
    good heals (full healer)
    either scimitar or longsword
    elf (for displacement and dps and visuals)
    TBH, FvS is a weak melee class right now; Warpriest is a pretty sorry DPS PrE compared to others. Ofc, FvS still make great healers; and Ameliorating Strike on a TWF build is always nice. But let's just say you might have to scale back your expectation from "good" to "modest" DPS.

Frankly, I would probably ditch archery entirely. The latest changes to AA, Manyshot, and 10K Stars basically mean you have to go all-in if you want to do good ranged DPS. Just splashing it in doesn't really cut it anymore.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    You mean other than TR into ranger?

TBH, FvS is a weak melee class right now; Warpriest is a pretty sorry DPS PrE compared to others. Ofc, FvS still make great healers; and Ameliorating Strike on a TWF build is always nice. But let's just say you might have to scale back your expectation from "good" to "modest" DPS.

Frankly, I would probably ditch archery entirely. The latest changes to AA, Manyshot, and 10K Stars basically mean you have to go all-in if you want to do good ranged DPS. Just splashing it in doesn't really cut it anymore.
    thanks for your answer. well, modest dps is ok too. will it be better if i go cleric if i want good melee dps and heals? I just like the combination of melee and being a healer.

thanks for your answer. well, modest dps is ok too. will it be better if i go cleric if i want good melee dps and heals? I just like the combination of melee and being a healer.
    Clr has the same melee problems as the FvS has; Warpriest Pre on its own is a god ugly weak Pre ......
    you can use either FvS or Clr for a modest melee dps class, but if you want to mix it ups with some spell / heals i believe FvS is the one a bit better suited ( for pure caster dps Clr beats FvS anytime atm ), espicially if you run in DC and use Archon .....

But to up the melee dps you might be better served to use a splash that has good melee dps, e.g. 15 FvS / 5 Ranger would work decent for what you have planed, Enh. would be very stiff tough ..... maybe even scale down FvS even more to 13 FvS / 2 Mnk or Rogue / 5 Ranger no group healing in this version, but with Warpriest (amer. strike) + Consecration in DC AE-Healing is still very good. Another good combination would be 15 FvS / 2 Mnk / 3 Paladin ... doesn't really improve the melee dps but gives you a ton better survival
    Last edited by tsteigner; 10-25-2015 at 01:43 AM.

6 tempest ranger, 2 rogue, 12 favored soul putting everything you got to get the damage on scimitars going high dex/charisma. Put all level ups in dex. Yeah you could add charisma to strength...but if you plan it right you can do both range and melee, possibly adequate rogue skills in at least a couple. Picking locks is good to have if you like to solo.
    Last edited by Enderoc; 10-25-2015 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enderoc View Post
    6 tempest ranger, 2 rogue, 12 favored soul putting everything you got to get the damage on scimitars going high dex/charisma. Put all level ups in dex. Yeah you could add charisma to strength...but if you plan it right you can do both range and melee, possibly adequate rogue skills in at least a couple. Picking locks is good to have if you like to solo.
    i don't see that as a very good stat-priority ... either go str + cha or go dex + int, dex + cha you just waste a lot of dps and i don't think you really have the AP's to spare to get KtA for the dex + int version .....

wp (22 ap), tempest (40 ap), AoV (11 ap) which leaves 7 ap to distribute .... you can't get decent bow adjustments in AA with just 7 ap, tbh i would put 1 more in wp + 2 more in AoV which would only leave 3 ap to switch as needed

feats : twf, itwf, gtwf, power attack or precision, impr. critical, max, emp, quicken (5 ranger will give you twf free, so this feat selection just fits into heroic lvl's

if you want evasion you could go either 5 ranger / 2 mnk / 13 Fvs or 5 ranger / 2 rogue / 13 FvS .... you could also go 6 ranger / 12 FvS but will loose either Bladebarrier or Heal, but without some paladin to get the saves up the evasion won't do much good in endgame. As for splashing 2 lvls of Rogue, if you have good tomes +5 or so then this might work for getting the trappings done, but you will have to sacrifice dps then, if you take 6 Ranger, you might even have a bit of range working (take pbs with the now free feat selection and combat archery in epic lvls)

stats : 16/16/13/12/8/15 all lvl-ups in either str or cha, str for a bit better melee, cha for a bit better casting in epic lvls
    Last edited by tsteigner; 10-25-2015 at 07:04 AM.

thanks for all your input. seems I can not have it all (good dps and good mass healing(cures at least) not even asking for spell DC). got a 16/2/2 fvs monk pala split, it feels meh. healing is great, dps is /yawn.

There's no point (imo) in even considering KTA on a class that already has access to divine might.

You want to be able to heal, so let's cover that first:
    Ye olden days of mass heal are gone if you want to raid heal, mass cure critical or cure serious is gonna be your go-to spell which means either 16 or 14 levels of FvS.

Next up is melee DPS so let's look at the top tier melee's
    Paladin's big DPS boost lies in holy sword and higher level cores.
    Ranger's big DPS boost comes from the level 12 cores and to some degree tier 5 enhancements.
    Barb's get their edge from melee power in cores and from critical rage in tier 5, however you won't be able to heal while raging.
    Bards however get their big oomph from their level 3 core - This is where I would put some splashing splashing.

Going the bard route locks you out of scimitars and longswords though, so this is up to you.

You mention that you would like to keep your wings, in that case 17/3 FvS/bard is a decent way to go, this isn't TWF though. (and would require an alignment change)

The problem here is that TwF isn't very synergetic with FvS.

-just my 2cents
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

seems I can not have it all (good dps and good mass healing(cures at least) not even asking for spell DC). got a 16/2/2 fvs monk pala split, it feels meh. healing is great, dps is /yawn.
    The problem is a lot of the best melee DPS boosts these days are buried deep in the class trees, which means you can't access them with just a light splash. The only exceptions IMHO are Swashbuckler (3 bard lvls & 11 APs get you some significant DPS perks, but you're stuck with light armor & bucklers, so your defenses suffer) and rogue (5 lvls to access tier-5 abilities, though it limits your weapon types).
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

ok thanks a lot.

Community Member

thanks for all your input. seems I can not have it all (good dps and good mass healing(cures at least) not even asking for spell DC). got a 16/2/2 fvs monk pala split, it feels meh. healing is great, dps is /yawn.
    Right. I'm running a L20 Cleric and I have the same issue. Healing is great, but it takes me weeks to get through a dungeon solo. Survive-ability is also great, it's just a long slog to the finish line and the completion of the dungeon. IMO you'll need 6+ levels in a full BAB class to bring the DPS you're looking for. You can still heal groups and raids with Heal, Cocoon, and Mass CCW/CSW just fine. You can even heal groups and raids using scrolls of Heal and Cocoon, as long as they are reasonably self-sufficient already.

But yeah, don't bother even trying to be a DC caster. It's not a bad thing that you can't have it all, or everyone would be playing the class which can dish out the DPS, survive the damage, and also CC the mobs via a nice array of stuns. Oh, wait... Maybe you should just run a Paladin and call it a day?